You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Group Themed Reads: Discussions > Group read badges

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments Going to leave this thread here so you guys have a place to keep me accountable for badges and I have a place to let you know whats goin on :)

On that note.....March badges posted, let me know if i missed you!

message 2: by June (new)

June | 159 comments Hello Amy, You made me a second wall with the March Badge. I know I'm awesome, but I don't know if I'm two wall of fame awesome. ;)

message 3: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17566 comments I believe in you June! :P

message 4: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 50047 comments I fixed it (sans coffee). I moved Amy's badge over to your original wall and deleted the duplicate thread.

message 5: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17566 comments ... I could have been helpful there too then. Oops. Thanks Janice!

message 6: by June (new)

June | 159 comments Thank you. :)

message 7: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments Thanks Janice, sorry June ... Not sure why I did that :)

message 8: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 50047 comments Not to worry, Amy. I congratulated her on her "first" badge. I was accessory to the fact.

message 9: by Tejas Janet (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments AmyK wrote: "Going to leave this thread here so you guys have a place to keep me accountable for badges and I have a place to let you know whats goin on :)

On that note.....March badges posted, let me know ..."

Hi Amy, I'm thinking you missed me for the March Group Read... I read several books that counted towards the indigenous people theme. Not sure if that qualifies me for a badge tho? Thanks : )

message 10: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments yep, you are on my list....just didn't post the badge. Ill get it fixed :)

message 11: by Tejas Janet (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments Oh boy, badges! Thanks Amy : )

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 17 comments I'm new to this group and a little confused about how things work. I am reading (not quite done) the May group read book, The Bonesetter's Daughter. I am interested in earning points/badges as a fun way to keep me motivated to read. I thought there was an area for discussion and a separate one for reporting, but now I'm looking and I don't see that.

Please help.
Jen

message 13: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 50047 comments Hi Jennifer. There isn't a reporting thread for the group reads. If you read and discuss, you will get a badge.

The challenges have reporting threads.

message 14: by Rusalka, Moderator (last edited May 25, 2014 05:33PM) (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17566 comments Hi Jen,

Group Reads have just one thread. It's a bit more like a traditional book club and to chat in that thread as you read the book. There are no points for Group Reads, but if you discuss the book in that thread (ie more than "I read it.") then at the end of the month you'll get a badge on your wall to show you participated in the read.

Where you will have two separate threads for discussion and reporting is the Challenges, and that's mainly so Janice and I can keep track of what's going on.

Does that help at all?

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 17 comments Rusalka wrote: "Hi Jen,

Group Reads have just one thread. It's a bit more like a traditional book club and to chat in that thread as you read the book. There are no points for Group Reads, but if you discuss the ..."

Yes, Rusalka. Thanks.

message 16: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments Badges are posted except 1. Kim...do you have a wall yet?

message 17: by Anne (Booklady) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 1282 comments Do we get a badge for reading a month's theme book? My first month's theme read was this month.

message 18: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Anne (Booklady) wrote: "Do we get a badge for reading a month's theme book? My first month's theme read was this month."

Yes, Anne - May badges will be posted shortly after the end of the month so we can award them all at once :)

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 17 comments AmyK wrote: "Badges are posted except 1. Kim...do you have a wall yet?"

Do I need a wall? How do I get one? Is it automatic?

message 20: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Jennifer wrote: "AmyK wrote: "Badges are posted except 1. Kim...do you have a wall yet?"

Do I need a wall? How do I get one? Is it automatic?"

As soon as you have completed a challenge, participated in a Toppler or a group read, you'll have a wall created and a badge posted. For each challenge/toppler/group read participation you get a new badge.

message 21: by June (new)

June | 159 comments Jennifer,

Our Admins make us awesome walls of fame when we get our first badges. Welcome to the group. :)

message 22: by Janice, Moderator (last edited May 28, 2014 07:20PM) (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 50047 comments AmyK wrote: "Badges are posted except 1. Kim...do you have a wall yet?"

Amy, I created a wall for Kim and posted the badge. Sorry - got all excited (and confused) when Jennifer was enquiring about the walls.

message 23: by Rusalka, Moderator (last edited May 29, 2014 01:41AM) (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17566 comments Indeed, I will be sprinkling badges and walls all over the place come June. We still have a few days left in May however, so we leave everyone right up to the last minute of the month to get their challenges and group themed reads done. Speaking of which.... *buries herself in her challenge book*

message 24: by Anne (Booklady) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 1282 comments @Kat
Thank you for letting me know - I feel like a dunce.

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 17 comments Awesome ladies. Thank you. This is fun! Yesterday I found a book for the June Clue challenge. Excited!!! Going to work on 1 of my reads-in-progress (the Bible) till Sunday gets here.

message 26: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments Janice wrote: "AmyK wrote: "Badges are posted except 1. Kim...do you have a wall yet?"

Amy, I created a wall for Kim and posted the badge. Sorry - got all excited (and confused) when Jennifer was enquiring abo..."

Thanks Janice!!

message 27: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments No Anne, not at all!

All, the badges for May group reads are posted. If I have missed/confused anyone, please let me know and I will fix!!

message 28: by Diane (new)

Diane  | 90 comments Kat wrote: "No Anne, not at all!

All, the badges for May group reads are posted. If I have missed/confused anyone, please let me know and I will fix!!"

I did not receive a badge for the May group reads. My post is #68 under the thread "Group Theme - Family Word in Title."

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 17 comments Kat wrote: "No Anne, not at all!

All, the badges for May group reads are posted. If I have missed/confused anyone, please let me know and I will fix!!"

I think you missed me Kat. I don't see any badge. But...this is the 1st one for me, so I'm not sure where to look.

I discussed the Bonesetter's Daughter --See my message #21 in Book Group: Book Discussions > May 2014 - The Bonesetter's Daughter Discussion.

I feel like I'm missing some critical piece of information that will make this whole process much smoother.

message 30: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Jennifer wrote: "Kat wrote: "No Anne, not at all!

I think you missed me Kat. I don't see an..."

You have a wall here - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

We already had another Jennifer, so if you want to be known by something other than Jennifer Canada, let me know and I'll change it :)

message 31: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Diane wrote: "Kat wrote: "No Anne, not at all!

I did not receive a badge for the May grou..."

You are now badged Diane!

message 32: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 3 comments I'm not sure I understand the badges...do you get them for finishing a group book? If so I just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain which, as I understand it, is one of the group reads for June.

message 33: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17566 comments Hi Kristin. We tend to do all the badges in one go after the month is finished. Just easier to keep track.

message 34: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 50047 comments The exception to that is the year long challenge. I'm posting badges when each individual completes a section because it becomes too onerous of a job to post them all at the end of the year. Be looking for the June badges to be posted in July.

message 35: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) | 1733 comments Much as I like the Water Badge, I'm pretty sure I didn't participate in any of these theme reads.
Unless I'm losing my mind, which is entirely possible! :)

message 36: by Kat (last edited Jul 03, 2014 11:31AM) (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Dawn wrote: "Much as I like the Water Badge, I'm pretty sure I didn't participate in any of these theme reads.
Unless I'm losing my mind, which is entirely possible! :)"

We have two Dawns in the group :)

message 37: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) | 1733 comments Ahh, she must be new. I was the only one for awhile. :)

message 38: by Camilla (new)

Camilla | 2009 comments I'd also like a Water Badge, pretty please! I read The Ocean at the End of the Lane and discussed it in the water theme discussion.

message 39: by Anne (Booklady) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 1282 comments For my new Badges,

thank you photo: thank you 026.gif

message 40: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Maybe we should get you designing badges too Anne ;)

message 41: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Camilla wrote: "I'd also like a Water Badge, pretty please! I read The Ocean at the End of the Lane and discussed it in the water theme discussion."

So sorry Camilla, you are now badged!

message 42: by Camilla (new)

Camilla | 2009 comments Thank you Kat, it's lovely!

message 43: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 50047 comments Dawn wrote: "Ahh, she must be new. I was the only one for awhile. :)"

I removed the badge from your wall and made a new wall for the new Dawn.

message 44: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 50047 comments I also removed my badge for the Water themed group read since I didn't read or discuss either choice in June.

message 45: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Thanks for housekeeping Janice - you were in the Water Theme thread, but not discussing a book ;) I was obviously overzealous when posting badges!

message 46: by Elsbeth (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) | 1136 comments Wow, what a beautiful badge for the Clue- challenge! Too bad, I didn't get around to reading anything for that... (now I really feel sorry for myself ;)...).
Well, new month, new chances (and new challenge and theme)!

message 47: by Anne (Booklady) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 1282 comments Kat wrote: "Maybe we should get you designing badges too Anne ;)"

LOL, Kat. Well I was on the A-Team in the toppler and we wore photobucket out =)

message 48: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 50047 comments Kat wrote: "Thanks for housekeeping Janice - you were in the Water Theme thread, but not discussing a book ;) I was obviously overzealous when posting badges!"

I borrowed the book but didn't read it right away. I was thinking that I could renew it. But, someone else put a hold on it and I couldn't renew it! So back it went unopened.

message 49: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 6542 comments I didn't get my Water badge for Art of Racing in the Rain. Love me my badges.

message 50: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Sorry Debra! Will post it now.

« previous 1