Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

Oy Yew (Waifs of Duldred #1)
This topic is about Oy Yew
ARCHIVES--Giveaways/Promotions > Free review copy, Oy Yew, MG/crossover fantasy

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ana (new)

Ana Salote | 36 comments I have two copies to give away in exchange for reviews. Oy Yew was longlisted for the Times/Chicken House prize and is a finalist for the Wishing Shelf awards.

Jemima Pett | 1282 comments Mod
Those are impressive credentials, Ana - and you've just slapped on a label that I suspect both Rebecca and I wish we'd discovered years ago - MG/crossover fantasy :D At last I know where my books fit!

message 3: by Ana (new)

Ana Salote | 36 comments Jemima wrote: "Those are impressive credentials, Ana - and you've just slapped on a label that I suspect both Rebecca and I wish we'd discovered years ago - MG/crossover fantasy :D At last I know where my books fit!"

Thanks, Jemima. A lot of adults are enjoying and blogging about MG. Katherine Rundell, Joan Aiken, Francis Hardinge etc have significant crossover followings. I think there's a great need to escape from the seriousness of world events and life pressures. And then there's the phenomenal quality of the writing coming out of this genre. I think the marketers haven't really gotten hold of this yet.

I've added it to my TBR - but I'm getting close to the magic 1000 books on my list, so I'll have to disappoint you and leave your copies to others :(

message 5: by Ana (new)

Ana Salote | 36 comments There;s a tenner inside it. No? Understand - so many books, so little time.

message 6: by Cheryl (new) - added it

Cheryl Carpinello (cherylcarpinello) | 0 comments I have to agree with Jemima and Ana. Sounds like a great read. I would love to read & review, but I'm so far behind that I had better not.
I would like to offer you the opportunity to do an interview on my blog Carpinello's Writing Pages (http://carpinelloswritingpages.blogsp...) . Currently I'm scheduling late summer/early fall. Stop by & see what you think & then let me know.

message 7: by Ana (new)

Ana Salote | 36 comments Thank you, Cheryl. I would love to. It would fit in nicely with the September launch of book 2 in the series.

If you still have one of those copies I can fit it in now... desperately seeking a Y for my GMGR A-Z Challenge!

message 9: by Ana (new)

Ana Salote | 36 comments Jemima wrote: "If you still have one of those copies I can fit it in now... desperately seeking a Y for my GMGR A-Z Challenge!"

Jemima, so sorry I missed this message. Hope I'm not too late replying. Would you like a digital or paper copy?
anasalote@aol.com