Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General Chatting > #WeNeedDiverseBooks

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (last edited Apr 30, 2014 07:24PM) (new)

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1210 comments This has been trending big all day, but the event actually begins tomorrow. I'm not big on the whole Twitter thing, but this is too important for me to just stand on the sidelines. We all know there's a huge lack of stories by/about PoC, GLBTQ and other marginalized groups, especially in the YA/children's markets. It's a situation many major news oulets have reported on. Now is the time to bring wider attention to the problem:

http://weneeddiversebooks.tumblr.com/...

message 2: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Thank you for sharing this FPD. I'll spread the word to my non-gr friends as well.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments I like this.

message 5: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "I like this."

Me too. I just sent an email blast to the group, because I think it's important to share, and I'm afraid a lot of people will miss the opportunity to participate. I know I wouldn't have known anything about this if FPD didn't share.

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1210 comments Thanks everyone! #WeNeedDiverseBooks was the top trender for most of the day. Maybe this will make New York pay more attention to a consumer base that is growing steadily diverse and wants to see themselves better reflected in and on books.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Blue (themelissablue) | 66 comments Thanks for heads up. I didn't know about this.

message 8: by Mstcat (new)

Mstcat | 1260 comments I think this is wonderful! Thanks for the FYI FountainPenDiva!

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Tweeted, reblogged and Facebooked.