Blogs > From Books to Chocolate and Everything In Between

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M (new)

M (pink2) | 626 comments Mod
Enjoy!!!

message 2: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) A Little Bit about Me
Okay, so I know if you are reading this you are crazy. No offense. I mean, if you know me, you should be scared. For those of you who don’t know me, go for it!
Anyway, my name is Haley. I am a regular teenage girl, well, maybe not so normal. To be honest, I am not a bad person.
I love storytelling, and, just a heads up, some of my posts may be stories. Reading and writing books are two of my favorite hobbies. I also love to cook—mostly sweets and treats, of course. So, there you have it. Now you know a tiny bit about me!

What This Blog is going to Be About
As a matter of fact, this blog is going to be about many, many things. It will be for all ages even though some posts may be too boring for young people or too fun for old people. The main point of this blog? I have no idea. I just want to share my ideas and things like that with people. There will be topics about cooking, writing, reading, and much more. So! Let’s get rolling!!!

To Wrap It Up
If you have any topics you would like to read about, please contact me. Suggestions are welcome!

message 3: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Lavender’s Green Dilly, Dilly….
Who likes the non-animated Cinderella? Me!!!! Yeah, this is totally random but I didn’t know what I wanted to write about so I chose this! Yes, the movie but Cinderella and such children’s books! I mean, yeah, I am fourteen years old, kind of old to be reading picture books, but I still read them anyway. Who cares what everyone else thinks? I like children’s books! Besides, I need to have some book ideas for my nieces and nephews and kids in the future. And if I am going to be an author, I need to be well-rounded in all genres.

My Favorite Children’s Books
Because I started off by quoting the lullaby in Cinderella, I need to talk about a Cinderella children’s book.
Ruth Sanderson—one of the best illustrators and picture book writings in all times. Well, my favorite picture book illustrator. She writes many, many, many picture books which are absolutely amazing. My favorite of hers are as follows: Rose Red and Snow White (My ALL time favorite), Cinderella, The Snow Princess, The Twelve Dancing Princesses, and pretty much all of her other books. But seriously, Rose Red and Snow White is my absolute favorite. Practically every time I went to the library I got that book.
Okay, so those aren’t my only favorite picture books; I do have more.
The rest are—
Donut Chef by Bob Staake
Tea with Milk by Allen Say
Now We Can Have a Wedding by Judy Cox
Brave Margaret by Robert San Souci
Allison by Allen Say
Grandfather’s Journey by Allen Say
Sophie’s Masterpiece by Eileen Spinelli
Marguerite Makes a Book by Bruce Robertson
Once Upon a Cool Motorcycle Dude by Keven O’Malley
I mean, all of those books are seriously super!!!

Sugar for a Child’s Heart
Ever hear of the book, Honey for a Child’s Heart? Well, I decided to change my little title to Sugar for a Child’s Heart. I mean, which is better? Sugar or honey? Sugar all the way!! Get to the point! Yes, I will!! Give me just a second!
My point is that children need books. TV, movies, video games, sports, etc.—that is all very important but so are books.
Books are important for any child’s development. Reading broadens anyone’s horizons!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I love your new post!

message 5: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Thanks!!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

:D XD

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly | 38 comments When I was little, I always pulled almost all of my favorite books off of our bookshelf, and lay them on my bed so I could read then to go to sleep.

I loved books with animals, princesses, and barbies. I especially loved books with barbies in them:)

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Oh, that is so cute!!!! So did i!!!
Barbies are awesome! I used to love those!

message 9: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Chocolate
All right! I give up! I have to write about chocolate today. I mean, that is a part of the title of this ‘blog’. I seriously don’t remember writing about just chocolate in the whole time I have been writing this ‘blog’. Yup, I am just a serious genius. I mean, I can do math just fine! Two plus two equals chicken! But, yeah, I really can do math, if you are doubting my school skills. (By the way, two plus two equals four.) Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Chocolate. I looked up the word chocolate and found this ‘a food preparation in the form of a paste or solid block made from roasted and ground cacao seeds, typically sweetened.’ (That is from Wikipedia.) But, I have the actual definition. My definition of chocolate as follows: ‘The most amazing, delicious, scrumptious, and heavenly dessert there is on the planet earth.’
What do you think? Is that a good definition or what!?
Moving on.

Recipes to Make With Chocolate
Why did I seriously just write that as the topic for this paragraph? I mean, I can make millions of things with chocolate—okay, not millions.
And, what a coincident! I just made chocolate cookies (Chocolate batter and white chocolate chips). They are to die for, by the way, but I won’t keep talking about that. The following is a list of things that I really like to make with chocolate or like to eat with chocolate: ice cream (Yes, you can make ice cream), cookies, cake, fudge, pretzels, any kind of berry, candy, coffee beans, and the list goes on and on and on and on. (I could go on forever saying ‘and on,’ but I won’t.)

I Think That That is enough for Now
There you go. I didn’t write a ton about chocolate, but if I keep going on (and on) about it, I won’t ever be able to stop.
And now, for the last little paragraph! Is there anything you want me to talk about? I mean, not too serious because I am not that serious. But, if you have any ideas, please comment below or message me!
Thanks! Have an awesome day!

message 10: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) ;) Yup!

message 11: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) lol

message 12: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) lol oh yeah!

message 13: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) 14

message 14: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Oh, I totally get her. *sighs* But, sorry, I don't have much advice.

message 15: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) David wrote: "u are a poet with your words don't ever let that set you back my youngest she is soooooooooooooooooooooooo darn brilliant with poetry she is a delight a light of my life"

Thanks! I really love poetry! I bet your youngest daughter is quite amazing!

message 16: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yeah, my whole family does. ;)

message 17: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) lol so creative ;)

message 18: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) All right! ;)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Me want me chocolate!!!! Runs to get some

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Mads¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡ (can I call you that¿?¿?¿?¿?)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

YAS!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Grabs a pillow and hits both

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Leaps onto the ceiling fan, and bursts open the pillow case and all the feathers come out!

message 26: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I want chocolate!!! and cheesecake!!!

message 27: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) lol Thanks.

message 28: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) lol