On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft On Writing discussion

What this forum's about

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brian Do you also scream, "get off my lawn!"?

message 2: by Jeffery (new) - added it

Jeffery Lee Radatz I agree with you, Garth. I think a lot of people write something down to just get into a conversation and take up space, without ever reading the supposed book they are commenting on!

Frank Docherty People are interesting wether they read or not, it is always interesting to talk to people from all walks of life. I read a lot and I listen to a lot of audio books as well as podcasts, I am also an author and a podcaster but I never complain about lurkers as I don't pay them any mind at all.

Frank Docherty Pretentious prat

message 5: by Garth (new) - added it

Garth Mailman Adding insults so strengthens the point

Frank Docherty Prat

Frank Docherty Pretentious prat that you are. I think you should slink away and get back under the stone you crawled out from. You are a troll pure and simple. Some peoples educations are not the best but they try to include themselves and even put pen to paper. A lot of people cannot afford to employ editors or proof readers, does that mean they should all just shut up and leave because you are annoyed by the spelling ? Why dont you do something else. instead of lurking like an internet stalker.

Brian Garth, you sir, are an a-hole. You are also a hypocrite. Here is your most recent review, and the grammar is atrocious.

Third in a Cowboy Romance Series entitled Trouble in Texas. Set in the imaginary frontier town of Broken Wheel near Palo Duro on the Texas Panhandle in the mid-1800's. The story centres around a group of Northern Civil War Veterans whose bond was forged in the worst of circumstances in The South's most notorious prison. Luke Stone returns home in book one to find his father murdered and a stranger living on his spread. His buddies are Darius Riker the town's unofficial doctor, Jonas Cahill town preacher, and Vincent Yates town lawyer. This being a romance series in book one Luke marries a gal he rescues from a river flood. In book two Dare, the doctor marries Glynna adopting her teenage son and daughter after she takes over the town restaurant. Life is complicated when Jonas' sister arrives unannounced and as this book gets underway Vince's family arrives in town: ageing father, senile mother, illegitimate daughter—Vince's half sister and a fox hound. Vince's romance with his buddy Jonas' sister Tina is well telegraphed so that leaves Jonas to hook up with Melissa the new arrival. If this sounds like a spoiler the storyline is that obvious. Getting there the principals will lurch from disaster to disaster.

Mid-way through the book matters transpire exactly as predicted.

message 9: by Frank (new)

Frank Docherty I don't know what you are talking about I haven't written any reviews yet, you really are a complete prat and stupid as well

Brian Frank wrote: "I don't know what you are talking about I haven't written any reviews yet, you really are a complete prat and stupid as well"

I was talking to Garth. I even said "Garth". I was backing you up. Seriously.

Frank Docherty Sorry Brian, :) I was so annoyed at Garth for his attitude I did not read it properly

Brian Frank wrote: "Sorry Brian, :) I was so annoyed at Garth for his attitude I did not read it properly"

It happens. No worries.