Discuss Books discussion

Books for next month

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Nash (It's my first time to post anything here so let me know if I did it wrong. Just trying to make sure all can see.)

I admit that neither of them were really interesting to me originally but then I logged in to the library to see if they had the ebooks and there is a waiting list for both books. That is usually a good sign. Between Shades of Gray did not appeal at all simply because of the title. Once I looked at it more closely, it seemed interesting. Than I see a friend that I highly respect gave it 5 stars and said it was beautifully written.

I read up on Fangirl and am still not sure about it but am willing to give it a try. That is one of the pluses I hope to happen with being involved in this discussion group - that I try knew books with an open mind.

Brittany (Hiatus-On/Off) (wlsquirrelbp) | 37 comments Mod
You did it right Peggy! ;-)

I know I wasn't so sure about Between Shades of Grey either, but I saw that it was highly enjoyed by a lot of people and the author is highly liked and recommended by people . It looks really good, now that I look at it.

Fangirl, I'm thinking will be good too, because I just finished Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, and I loved it SO much, the writing actually made me have a feeling, I don't know how to describe it...I know people say they get "feels" from books well I did...but then I also got a "feeling" I don't know if it was just how the setting was described or what, but it was something very intriguing. So I'm excited to see what happens with Fangirl!

It's great that this group is keeping you open minded, that's wonderful actually. But I just wanted to let you know, don't feel pressured to read a book or books if you don't want to in this group or any group really (and that goes for anybody in this group too) because moderators will say in groups if things start becoming work or stressful in the group, make it so it's fun again, because that's what groups are all about: to have fun and enjoy it. :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm about to read up on Fangirl. The title makes me a bit iffy. As for Between Shades of Grey, I have been dying (not literally) to read it. I enjoy historical fiction. Totally better than non fiction! ;D I will def read with group no matter what though. Happy reading XD!

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin Hawley Just thought that I have not read between shades of gray but I have read both Eleanor and Park and Fangirl and I absolutely LOVED them both! I definitely recommend them and they're surely worth the read :)