paced reading horror and thrillers discussion

everything e-book > Paperwhite or voyager?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin (justineaton) | 3492 comments Mod
My paperwhite took a dump. I'm debating an upgrade to voyager when i replace it but I'm not sure the upgrades seem worth the price, plus i will need a new case. Anyone have (or used at some time) both that can tell me if the voyager is worth it?

message 2: by Maxine Marsh (new)

Maxine Marsh | 703 comments Mod
I'm interested to see what people say, since my paperwhite is out of space now...the Voyager is $100 more.

message 3: by Justin (new)

Paperwhite wifi only is on sale for $20 off right now and i already have a case for it so i went with that and just ordered. Do you have a lot of non amazon books? If so you should look for calebre ebook library to store them and clear up space if you don't already have it. Amazon books can be deleted and redownloaded. I know it is nice to have them all with you at all times though, i have finally decided to compromise and clear the ones i have already read off as long as they are backed up somewhere.

message 4: by Justin (new)

Plus the current model paperwhite has double resolution and storage so it is equal to the voyage in that regard. I'm still getting an upgrade.

message 5: by Maxine Marsh (new)

Justin wrote: "Paperwhite wifi only is on sale for $20 off right now and i already have a case for it so i went with that and just ordered. Do you have a lot of non amazon books? If so you should look for calebre..."

Yeah, I really like having ALL of my books with me at all times, lol. I will probably have to get over that at some point.

message 6: by Justin (new)

Ok, I'm about 2 hours into my 2 day shipping wait, and already going crazy without a kindle.

message 7: by Justin (new)

How have i been doing this job for 4years and didn't realize how much it sucks until now!

message 8: by Maxine Marsh (new)

Justin wrote: "Ok, I'm about 2 hours into my 2 day shipping wait, and already going crazy without a kindle."

Oh my gosh, you're having withdrawal from your kindle!

message 9: by Justin (new)

In the past i have always called in if i forgot to bring it to work but i don't have any call in days left!

message 10: by Justin (new)

I'm going to the library and used bookstore after work to see if i can find a print copy of the group read, hopefully i will have that for tomorrow.

message 11: by Mark (new)

Mark (mark-s) Justin how is the Paperwhite in the sunlight? I am currently using my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for reading & it is not very good for reading outdoors.

message 12: by Justin (new)

The paperwhite is awesome, if you have only ever read on a tablet you will love a kindle. Any kindle.

message 13: by Mark (new)

Mark (mark-s) Thank you, Justin. One more question if I may.
Is it easy to read in the dark?

message 14: by Justin (new)

Yup, paperwhite has a backlit screen, it don't change how the page looks just like reading on paper though. My old kindle had the light in the case and it was alright but the backlit screen is great.

message 15: by 11811 (Eleven) (new)

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 267 comments Paperwhite is fantastic. My voyage is a cool toy but the quality difference is negligible.

message 16: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Just found this thread. I have a Paperwhite, and wouldn't change it for the world right now.

message 17: by Mark (new)

Mark (mark-s) Thank you for the help Justin. Ordered one this evening.
Looking forward to getting it.
Reading on my tablet is alright, but it is worthless outside.
Once again I really appreciated your time.

message 18: by Justin (new)

No problem mark, your going to love it.

message 19: by Maxine Marsh (new)

Kimberly wrote: "Just found this thread. I have a Paperwhite, and wouldn't change it for the world right now."

Yep, I got a Fire last year and never use it but my Paperwhite is maybe my favorite material possession.

message 20: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Maxine wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Just found this thread. I have a Paperwhite, and wouldn't change it for the world right now."

Yep, I got a Fire last year and never use it but my Paperwhite is maybe my favorite m..."

I was asked if I wanted a Fire for Christmas last year, and said NO--I love the features of the Paperwhite. :)

message 21: by 11811 (Eleven) (new)

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 267 comments Maxine wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Just found this thread. I have a Paperwhite, and wouldn't change it for the world right now."

Yep, I got a Fire last year and never use it but my Paperwhite is maybe my favorite m..."

I love my Fire. I use it for all things internet related but never for reading. It's like a smartphone with a paperback size screen. I even stream Netflix with it. If I'm on Goodreads, I'm on my Fire more often than my phone or PC.

message 22: by Justin (new)

I finally got it and guess what? I also got an email from amazon saying 2 of my kindles (keyboard and paperwhite) need updates turn them on and update. I turned it on and it automatically started to do an update even though the screen was still solid white, it just also had a loading bar on it. When the loading bar was complete it reset and now everything works fine.

message 23: by Maxine Marsh (last edited Mar 12, 2016 03:50AM) (new)

Oh man! That's crazy. I guess you can return the new one.

message 24: by Justin (last edited Mar 12, 2016 11:52AM) (new)

I could.........