Gaston Library discussion

Monthly Reading Wrap Ups > Feburary 2016 Monthly Reading Wrap-Ups

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Holbrook (jessicalh08) | 250 comments Mod
We are going to start doing Monthly Reading Wrap-Ups here on the Gaston County Library Goodreads!

This is going to be a great chance to see what other readers are reading and to get book recommendations! Feel free to share and discuss what you have read this past month.

This past month I read 3 books. The first was I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban which was wonderful and powerful story of an incredible young woman. Then Across the Universe which was a pretty good YA Sci-Fi Romance. And Last but not least, Never Let Me Go which was my favorite book I read this month (and year thus far)!

I'd love to hear what you guys have read this month, so share below!

message 2: by Kendall (new)

Kendall | 58 comments Mod
Hi Jessica! Did you enjoy I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban? It is on my "To-Read" List. I just finished Playing with Fire for the Last Chapter Book Club, and it was the first Tess Gerritsen novel I had read. It was a story that was easy to get sucked in to, but deals with a tough part of history. I also read Strong Looks Better Naked, but I only would recommend this to those who enjoy watch reality tv.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Holbrook (jessicalh08) | 250 comments Mod
Kendall, I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban was excellent. Loved hearing about her and her families involvement in education and politics. It was interesting to see the cultural differences and the way she sees the world too!

Playing with Fire looks like an interesting read! I'll have to add that to my TBR.