Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Elements (Tear of God #1)
This topic is about Elements
Book Cover Help > Cover picture for Elements

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Raymond Henri (raymond_henri) | 9 comments Would you please change the cover art for the paperback version of ISBN 978-1-943151-02-8, Elements (Tear of God #1) to the correct version designed by Blue Harvest Creative? Currently it is showing the cover art for ISBN 978-1-943151-00-4 which is the ebook version from last year.

Thanks.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Looks like ASIN was removed and format was changed from Kindle to paperback for this edition?

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13571 comments Michael, see https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I had left it to Paula, because I don't understand the edits.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Thanks, lethe. I'm off to sleep..

Raymond Henri (raymond_henri) | 9 comments I would love to clear up the confusion. I know exactly what information should be with the two ISBNs and the 1 ASIN. When trying to create a giveaway, I discovered that the ISBN for the paperback had been assigned to the Kindle edition. Much of the data from the March 2015 release overwrote the 2016 release. I tried to fix it myself by what I now know is an incorrect way by trying to remove the ISBN from the Kindle edition. That didn't work anyway as I still couldn't set up the giveaway because it said the ISBN was assigned to an ebook. So, I set up a new book with all the correct information minus the ISBN hoping that someone could just move the ISBN into that edition. While I was doing that, someone else was doing something similar to assign the ISBN to a paperback edition listing. Only, it still had the 2015 information. I was able to change all of that except for the cover picture. I was told that a librarian had to make that change. Hence this thread. Btw, the paperback listing I made that doesn't have an ISBN can be deleted, it's just redundant at this point.

Would it be helpful if I breakdown the formats, their identifiers, and their release dates? Even more than an accurate record, I would like to put together a giveaway for the paperback.