Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to Beta Read: Literary, YA, SF, and Short Stories. Quick turnaround.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celene (new)

Celene Hardware | 1 comments Hi,

I just finished my novel "Love will remember" and I need a beta reader. It is a romance. If you are interested in reading it please email me at jcelene@gmx.com.

Thanks

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a Modern Fantasy WIP (6200 words). If interested, please email me at amesjustin@yahoo.com.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Weil Messaged you
Thanks

message 4: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Paul wrote: "Messaged you
Thanks"

Sent you a message.

Thanks.

message 5: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Justin wrote: "I have a Modern Fantasy WIP (6200 words). If interested, please email me at amesjustin@yahoo.com."

Sent you a message.

Thanks.

message 6: by Brooks (last edited Mar 17, 2016 07:07PM) (new)

Brooks Kohler Are you looking for a beta reader? I am scheduling reads for the end of April and on into May.

message 7: by Janet (new)

Janet R | 2 comments Hello Brooks.
I am enjoying Sylvan Park. I hope you can find time to read my manuscript. 80k, commercial fiction with a sci fi bent. If you are interested, and your schedule allows, please contact me at janetrbrienza@aol.com.
Thanks, and have a great day.
Janet

message 8: by Brooks (last edited Mar 18, 2016 08:48AM) (new)

Brooks Kohler Hi Janet. I replied to your email.

Best,
Brooks

message 9: by Janet (new)

Janet R | 2 comments Thanks Brooks.
Please indicate if you have special formatting or font requirements for the manuscript.
Regards,
Janet

message 10: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Hi Janet. Thanks for asking. Times New Roman 12 font is what I prefer. I sent you a followup email with more info.

Best,
Brooks

message 11: by David (new)

David Steele (dmswriter) | 2 comments Dear Brooks,

I have a sci fi novel of about 60K words that will need a Beta Read in a couple of weeks. Is this something that would interest you? Please email me at davidmsteelebooks@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

David

message 12: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Hi David. I sent you an email.

Best,
Brooks

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I have a novel in need of a beta reader. It's dark fantasy, about 71K words. I've done two edits and could use some outside comments on the plot, the characters, everything. It's supposed to be the first book of a series. If you're interested let me know. Thanks.

Sarah

message 14: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Leigh | 12 comments Hi there, are you still available for beta reading? I have a coming of age YA novel that I'd like some feedback on.

message 15: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Atrianty | 19 comments Hi Brooks, I sent you a message. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

message 16: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Hi Carissa,

Thanks for contacting me. I sent you message.

Best,
Brooks

message 17: by Derek (new)

Derek | 45 comments Do you have any openings to Beta read a 60k Thriller novel?

message 18: by Randy (new)

Randy Smith | 68 comments Brooks, I wanted to publicly thank you for all your work in reading my manuscript and then offering your chapter by chapter thoughts and ideas. You have been most helpful. I want everyone to know that. It's going to take me time to go over my work again with your comments in mind to make my writing efforts much better. Thanks again. I highly recommend you to all who may be looking for a great beta reader.
Randy

message 19: by PALLE (new)

PALLE | 34 comments Hi, I have a Dark Fantasy manuscript of about 115k and looking for a beta reader. If you still have any openings it will be greatly appreciated.

message 20: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Frediani Hello. I have a fantasy novel which is in need of a beta reader if you have an opening. It's in desperate need of eyes other than my own. Thanks in advance.

message 21: by my (new)

my soul | 8 comments Brooks wrote: "My name is Brooks Kohler. I'm an author with 10 years writing experience and an adjunct instructor in Liberal Arts. I beta read works in Literary, Fantasy, and SF genres. Novellas accepted. Learn m..."

Hi brooks i have a novel which is romantic/ crime fiction it is 67,519 words long and would love to have someone give me some feedback on it i can post more info if your interested

message 22: by B.P. (new)

B.P. Baggett (bpbaggett) | 107 comments Hello,
Are you able to beta read by chapter?

message 23: by Brooks (last edited Apr 18, 2016 06:05AM) (new)

Brooks Kohler Ben wrote: "Hello,
Are you able to beta read by chapter?"

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the question.

Yes. After getting feedback from author's, it's something I've recently started doing. As I read an author's manuscript, I make notes on each chapter and send those back when finished.

Best,
Brooks

message 24: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Randy wrote: "Brooks, I wanted to publicly thank you for all your work in reading my manuscript and then offering your chapter by chapter thoughts and ideas. You have been most helpful. I want everyone to know t..."

Thank you, Randy. I am honored and humbled by your warm comments. Glad I could help. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best,
Brooks

message 25: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 4 comments Hello Brooks,

I just sent you an email to see if you'd be interested in reading my manuscript.

Cheers,
Danielle*

message 26: by Jaygé (new)

Jaygé | 2 comments Hi Brooks,

I finished writing my new novel called "My Night With Lucifer" (title still subject to change). I have finished writing it in November 2015 and have since been editing as much as I can, using every single tool I have to my disposal.
I have had three friends read it and listened to all criticism they had and taken it to heart. The problem I find is that I still personally feel the novel is not yet what it should and could be. Maybe I am just too close to the manuscript at this moment...
I also think I am just a bit worried since this is the first time I am writing in English. I have already published 5 books in my native language of Afrikaans, and have established a name for myself within South-African borders, but I really want to try and break into the international market.
The plot revolves about Lucifer coming to earth once every decade to try and convince someone of his truth about creation and how he actually became "the devil". This time, around he meets a journalist willing to listen to his story after Lucifer saves him from taking his own life.
I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to look at the manuscript.
Thank you so much in advance,

message 27: by Brooks (last edited Apr 25, 2016 07:08AM) (new)

Brooks Kohler Danielle wrote: "Hello Brooks,

I just sent you an email to see if you'd be interested in reading my manuscript.

Cheers,
Danielle*"

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for contacting me. I sent you a reply email.

Best,
Brooks

message 28: by Kathleane (new)

Kathleane O'Leary | 18 comments Hi Brooks,
I don't know if this type of book is what you're looking to read, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I have a short book which instructs the reader on how to make any diet more effective. Six sections: Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten Free, Low Calorie, Food Combining, Vegetarian and Vegan.

I'm looking for bird's eye feedback rather than grammar and spelling. I would love to know what you find confusing or conflicting, missing or repetitive.

message 29: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Kathleane wrote: "Hi Brooks,
I don't know if this type of book is what you're looking to read, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I have a short book which instructs the reader on how to make any diet more effective. Six ..."

Hi Kathleane,

Thanks for contacting me, but I am going to pass. However, with that noted, have you considered contacting a college or university athletic department for advice? How about a gym or health and nutrition store? If you want to PM me, feel free to do so.

Best and Congrats on the completion of your book.

Best,
Brooks

message 30: by Kathleane (new)

Kathleane O'Leary | 18 comments Brooks, thank you for your quick response and thoughtful suggestions. The book is finished and I really just need a few people to give it a read through so your suggestions may just work.

message 31: by Amy (new)

Amy Marie (amymarie_author) | 13 comments Hi Brooks!

I'm looking for a beta reader for my first book. I can include the link to my book on Amazon's Write On page if that works for you:

https://writeon.amazon.com/read/story...

My book is a 60500 young adult / urban fantasy novel. It's the first in a trilogy. I'm almost complete with the first draft of book two. So hopefully, if you like it, you can continue to read without too much of a wait.

Here's the blurb:

Two old souls re-unite by chance and discover what evil drove them apart, and is still lurking...

Nora has had a touch of reminiscence her whole life. After her recent move to Boston for college, she meets two familiar strangers that turn her world upside-down. She is enlisted to help solve the mystery of an ancient text, and as her dreams and memories collide, she is pulled into a quest she never dreamed could be possible.

I'd love to hear what you think about the story, overall plot, pace, characters etc. Proofreading I can take care of later.

I really appreciate the consideration!

Amy

message 32: by arriki (new)

arriki | 63 comments You have an opening for as SF novel set in the future on an other with humans and aliens?

arriki

thearriki@yahoo.com

message 33: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler arriki wrote: "You have an opening for as SF novel set in the future on an other with humans and aliens?

arriki

thearriki@yahoo.com"

Hi Arriki,

I sent you a PM message.

Best,
Brooks

message 34: by Me (new)

Me | 13 comments Hi Brooks,
I am currently looking for Beta Readers for my YA Fantasy manuscript. I have the first of three books ready for review. I would love for you to take a look at it and tell me your thoughts!

My Novel is set in the 1500's. It is primarily following a Princess who was forced out of her castle and wants to exact revenge on the man responsible. She is growing up and mastering her own magical abilities in the process.

If you are interested please e-mail me at Jaesquill@hotmail.com

message 35: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Hi J,

I sent you an email.

Best,
Brooks

message 36: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Davies (bethanydavies) | 6 comments Hi Brooks,

I'm currently looking for beta readers for my YA Fantasy novel. Please email me at bethalicedavies@icloud.com if you're interested!

message 37: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 4 comments Hi brooks.

I have a modern day fantasy that's still a wip. I have a handful of chapters finished. I'd prefer to give it out in chunks rather than everything at once. If that would be acceptable, or you need more information please let me know.
Thank you

message 38: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Bethany wrote: "Hi Brooks,

I'm currently looking for beta readers for my YA Fantasy novel. Please email me at bethalicedavies@icloud.com if you're interested!"

Hi Bethany,

I sent you an email.

Best,
Brooks

message 39: by Jimbongo (new)

Jimbongo | 4 comments Hi Brooks,

I am looking for a beta reader for my Sci-Fi short story 'Bomber Man' (6000 words approx). It concerns a combat pilot who crash lands on the alien planet he is bombing and is taken in by the natives.

Would be happy to read some of your work in exchange.

Thanks
Jim

message 40: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Ryan wrote: "Hi brooks.

I have a modern day fantasy that's still a wip. I have a handful of chapters finished. I'd prefer to give it out in chunks rather than everything at once. If that would be acceptable, o..."

Hi Ryan,

I sent you a PM.

Best,
Brooks

message 41: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Jimbongo wrote: "Hi Brooks,

I am looking for a beta reader for my Sci-Fi short story 'Bomber Man' (6000 words approx). It concerns a combat pilot who crash lands on the alien planet he is bombing and is taken in ..."

Hi Jim,

I sent you a PM.

Best,
Brooks

message 42: by Selene (last edited Jun 11, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Selene Osiris | 4 comments Hi Brooks,
My YA fantasy is in desperate need of beta readers. The story is about a sixteen-year-old named Jenna that finds out she isn't human. She is instead part of a new species that can control the five classical elements: water, earth, air, and fire, with the fifth element having gone extinct centuries ago. The problem is that the fifth element is the only thing that can save the world from the Skia, a species of shadow-beings driven by their biological need to procreate -- except the Skia are born of human hatred and evil, so the only way to multiply is by driving the world to darkness. Jenna has that fifth element. But she doesn't know it, and the people that do know are afraid of scaring her away before she has a chance to embrace her new identity.

I don't know if you wanted the summary since no one else seems to be giving one here, but I hope it won't hurt me. My family and friends all hate reading, and I can't convince them to even glance at my manuscript (not that they would even know what to look for in a good book). My email is seleneosiris3@gmail.com. Please get back to me as soon as you can. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks anyway,
Selene

message 43: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Hall | 34 comments Hello there,

I'm currently searching for beta readers for my SF/F epic. I say epic because of it's length. 550k. According to your website, you're booked up through September. However, if you're interested, let me know.

You can reach me at hallasinhallway@yahoo.ca

Thanks,

Adrian

message 44: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Selene wrote: "Hi Brooks,
My YA fantasy is in desperate need of beta readers. The story is about a sixteen-year-old named Jenna that finds out she isn't human. She is instead part of a new species that can cont..."

Hi Selene,

I sent you an email.

Best,
Brooks

message 45: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Adrian wrote: "Hello there,

I'm currently searching for beta readers for my SF/F epic. I say epic because of it's length. 550k. According to your website, you're booked up through September. However, if you're i..."

Hi Adrian,

I sent you an email.

Best,
Brooks

message 46: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Leder | 11 comments Hello,
I am searching for beta readers for my YA fairytale retelling novel. It is approximately 85k. Please message me if you're interested.

message 47: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary Cole (rosemarycole) Hi Brooks,

You probably don't have any openings left after all these people sent you their manuscripts. Either that or you're a champion speed-reader! Anyway, I have a new sci-fi novel, complete at 77K words. It features a plucky young heroine, a zombie apocalypse, and time travel--all my favorite things. If you're still taking manuscripts and would like to read it and do your commenting thing, please let me know.

message 48: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Deanne wrote: "Hello,

I am searching for beta readers for my fantasy novel 'In A Winter's Dream' (approx. 107k words). I started writing this novel 8 years ago and after 6 moves, 1 child successfully raised into..."

Hi Deanne,

I sent you an email.

Best,
Brooks

message 49: by Brooks (new)

Brooks Kohler Alexis wrote: "Hello,
I am searching for beta readers for my YA fairytale retelling novel. It is approximately 85k. Please message me if you're interested."

Hi Alexis,

I sent you a PM.

Best,
Brooks

message 50: by Brooks (last edited Jun 17, 2016 04:15AM) (new)

Brooks Kohler Rosemary wrote: "Hi Brooks,

You probably don't have any openings left after all these people sent you their manuscripts. Either that or you're a champion speed-reader! Anyway, I have a new sci-fi novel, complete a..."

Hi Rosemary,

I sent you a PM.

Best,
Brooks