No Judgement Book Club discussion

Everything Leads to You
This topic is about Everything Leads to You
Stand Alone > What did you think about Everything Leads to You??

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rebecca Hawkins-Lee (beccainabook) | 102 comments Mod
What did you think about the book? What were your favorite things about it and what were your least favorite things?

Brenna | 7 comments I loved that we got to see the behind the scenes of movie making in this book; I haven't read one that focused so much on production design as opposed to acting. I also liked that there wasn't any "coming out" drama, as there's a lot of books that cover that and not as many that have characters that are already super aware of their sexuality. However, I wasn't a huge fan of the characters themselves. I couldn't really connect to any of the main characters very well at all. It was still a decent read though!

InvincibleGail My feelings about this book can pretty much be summed up with one long contented sigh. It was just so nice and refreshing. LGBT themes without specific lgbt drama, brief commentary on wealth and race without huge drama, the only drama was in the actual acting sense of the word. I didn't actually read this with everyone, I read it a couple months ago. But it was just such a pleasant read. I liked the main characters and the indie film industry vibe. That "perfect" couch? I want that couch. I didn't really find any negatives in this book. I mean I also didn't read it with analysis in mind, but nothing stood out to me as something I really didn't like.

Britt | 4 comments This book is my favorite fluff I have ever read. It's so sweet and touching. My favorite part may actually be Charlotte and Emi's relationship. It's so real and close and perfect and supportive in the right way.

Adele i loved it so much!! it was my favourite fluffy contemporary book at the time I read it :)

Jennifer (genoveffa) | 48 comments Of the two books, this was by far my favourite. I enjoyed the characters and the little bit of mystery that was Ava's back story. It helped to move the plot along and lent a little bit of something extra to the "thing" Toby wanted her to make happen while he was away. And the couch! I too want that couch for myself. The way she described it when she saw it, and the fact that it had those leaves that were there but subtle ....

Martha | 2 comments I loved it SO MUCH. Parts of me wanted to be critical of the sort of rich LA!teen lifestyle that was at the core of much of the book, but my cynicism was just totally demolished before how damn wonderful the story and relationships were.

Rebecca Hawkins-Lee (beccainabook) | 102 comments Mod
I really liked the story, the characters, and the getting to know what exactly goes into designing the sets of a movie. However, I felt like something was missing. The story was very cute, but I wanted more than it was giving me and I didn't get to know the characters as much as I would like to.