Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > I officially ended things with Shelfari

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7759 comments Well, I did it. I deactivated my Shelfari account. I haven't checked in over there is quite some time and I felt it was time to officially end things.

I feel good about this. I ended things on my terms and I really didn't want to just leave my profile active as Shelfari drifted off into the oblivion.

Good-bye, Shelfari. I am making my relationship with GoodReads Facebook official.

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2143 comments I ripped the bandaid off about 2 weeks ago. Can't say it was easy but it had to be done.

message 3: by Nicole R (last edited Mar 07, 2016 08:24AM) (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7759 comments I mean, I am not going to lie, I took a screen shot of my final post to look at when I feel nostalgic. Luckily, I cannot drunk text Shelfari....

Elizabeth (Alaska) I can only imagine your sense of loss. I would be bereft if something happened to Goodreads. I hope you come to feel completely at home here.

message 5: by Red52 (new)

Red52 i hadn't been able to get in for weeks! so thanks for the post. i went back and deactivated my account

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 195 comments I'm just going to let mine sit there, or whatever it is that happens to things on the internet when you don't use them.

message 7: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7016 comments I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have one last friend there who likes to communicate with me there so I haven't closed my account, I might just let mine sit there like Sarah is doing.

message 8: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1315 comments Congratulations! I know it was hard to do. I killed my account in January and I felt very sad doing so. But, like you said, I did it on my terms, which helped. I'm glad you're happy with Goodreads (or at least as happy as you can be). I'm in the same boat.

message 9: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8342 comments I'm going to be there till the end. I am also planning to take a few screen shots. Still the best looking site...

message 10: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7016 comments LibraryCin wrote: "I'm going to be there till the end. I am also planning to take a few screen shots. Still the best looking site..."

Oh, yes, I should take a few screen shots. My kids do this, but I tend to forget I can.

message 11: by Red52 (new)

Red52 It was the best looking site.

message 12: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7016 comments Rina1775 wrote: "It was the best looking site."

It still is until March 16.

message 13: by Red52 (new)

Red52 Karin wrote: "Rina1775 wrote: "It was the best looking site."

It still is until March 16."

I deactivated my account so it's past tense for me.

message 14: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7016 comments Rina1775 wrote: "Karin wrote: "Rina1775 wrote: "It was the best looking site."

It still is until March 16."

I deactivated my account so it's past tense for me."

Right :)

message 15: by Paige (new)

Paige P (paigepradko) | 22 comments Nicole wrote: "I mean, I am not going to lie, I took a screen shot of my final post to look at when I feel nostalgic. Luckily, I cannot drunk text Shelfari...."

Ok, that comment cracked me up, Nicole.

message 16: by Brandy (new)

Brandy (romansgirl) | 87 comments I took screen shots too, lol. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

message 17: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8342 comments Brandy wrote: "I took screen shots too, lol. Glad to know I'm not the only one."

Nope! I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one! :-)