Mythological RP discussion

Mythological Academy > Private Garden

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

[image error]

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle and the other students bounced into the garden. "Hopefully you all brought your notebooks. Now we are going to do pairs. Gemstone and Yukiko are a group. Violet and Lydia are a group. Use your spells and experiment with them. And no one worry there was no harmful spells on that page. Have fun!" she said as she sat down and started to pet a bunny.

message 3: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 52 comments Mod
Alex, knowing he was late, decided to make an entrance. he appeared in a massive cloud of black smoke and made a gesture with his hand, capturing everyone in a magically grip. "if i had been a real enemy you wouldn't have survived. in Magical Defense you will not only learn how to survive such a confrontation but will learn how to fight back and defend yourselves." Alex said in his smooth and beautiful voice.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle looked up at the teacher. She then stood up and dusted herself off. "Sorry. I took them here because your classroom is so stuffy. How do you work in there? Anyway students your teacher is here. And if you don't mind" she started looked at Alex. "I'm gonna stay here a bit. If you and the class are going to stay out here that is. But either way I'm staying." she said sitting back down and petting the bunny.

message 5: by Demon Dragon (new)

"i am Alexander Van Helsing, teacher of Magical Defense. i have a vast knowledge of magic, although i can only use the darker arts. it makes me highly qualified to teach you to defend and protect yourselves against the less....civil beings of this world." Alex said, brushing some of his hair from his handsome face.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Lydia, Yukiko, and Violet looked at Alex. Yukiko smiled. "Finally an actual teacher." she mumbled.

message 7: by Demon Dragon (new)

"for those of you or haven't figured it out i am in fact a hybrid, a vampire and incubus. for those of you with problems with either i'd suggest you keep them to yourself while your in my presence." Alex said, finally coming out of the shade.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Violet stopped bouncing. She looked at the substitute and then Mr. Helsing. She then bit her lip.

message 9: by Demon Dragon (new)

"now question. what is the one of a few ways to keep an ancient vampire from harming you?" Alex asked as he walked among the students.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Violet bit her lip. She didn't know this. She might have read a bit of the book but that was different.

Lydia flipped through pages of her book. She recalled going past that.

Yukiko tried to remember what the answer was. She new she heard or read about that somewhere.

message 11: by Demon Dragon (new)

"times up. the answer is simply, do not give them permission. this is tricky as ancient vampires, those over a thousand, are masters of illusions and trickery and can compel you to give them permission." Alex sighed as he thought of an easier question. "what's the most sure-fire way to kill a Lycanthrope?"

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"A what??" Violet asked looking at her teacher confused. "What is a Lycanthrope?"

message 13: by Demon Dragon (new)

"i ancestor of the werewolf. unlike the werewolf seen now a days the Lycanthrope, or Lycan as they were called, were an immortal race that could only create more be spreading their blood to other races. they are the vampires natural enemy, as their wild-natures and berserker tendencies make them impossible to manipulate and are immune to vampiric transformation. the most sure-fire way to kill one, other than chopping their heads off, is with pure silver straight to the heart." Alex sighed as he looked at his students. "they teach you anything useful now-a-days?"

((please wait until i finishing posting please, makes things less confusing.))

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

"Not really." Yukiko mumbled.

Lydia and Violet looked at the teacher confused. "Yes they do!" they said together.

((Sorry))

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ohh! That could be it." Violet said smiling at her friend

message 16: by Demon Dragon (last edited Mar 07, 2016 10:08AM) (new)

Alex stared at them with his bright red eyes then, with a sigh, said, "do any of you know how to defend yourselves at all?" he looked at the one who said that and contemplated smacking them upside the head as his master had done to him years ago. "it is a Lycan, not a vampire." he said slowly.

message 17: by Demon Dragon (new)

((re-read post please.))

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

"Not really." Yukiko said sulking. She did not know the tiniest thing about defense. If she did she probably wouldn't be there at the moment.

"Yes! but only from wild pigs, and birds and all." Violet said smiling.

"I'm okay." Lydia said uneasy. She knew somethings about defense but not that much.

message 19: by Demon Dragon (new)

"then today you learn the basic and most important rule: if you face a beastie stronger than you, run like your backside is on fire and live to fight the next day." he said simply and noticed what they were thinking from their faces. "not what you thought you'd learn? i teach what you need to survive, and survival means living to the next day in my book, even if it is by cowardly means"

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 07, 2016 10:16AM) (new)

"Um, Okay." Violet said rubbing her arm. She normally wasn't told that.

Lydia stared at the teacher shocked. She gulped.

Yukiko glared at the teacher. "We come here to learn and that is what you teach us?! The bouncy teacher was better! We were actually gonna learn what certain spells do!?" she mumbled.

message 21: by Demon Dragon (new)

"you will, but keep that in mind. would you rather die stupidly fighting a Leviathan or run and learn it's weaknesses over time and kill it when you are ready? i will teach you to fight smart, how to defend yourself against creatures that would happily kill you.....or worse, if they ever catch you." Alex said turning his bright red eyes on them in turn as he spoke.

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 07, 2016 10:23AM) (new)

That made Yukiko snap. "Really. Yea just research the creature up and in what a couple years after it murdered people then you kill it! Unbelievable." she muttered glaring at the teacher with disgust.

Lydia stared at Yukiko surprised.

Violet looked around for information. She stopped paying attention.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle jumped. "Okay. Um I'm gonna go now!" she said sprinting out of the garden.

message 24: by Demon Dragon (new)

"when i was younger i was like you. i would hound my enemies, keep them from feeding, drinking, or resting for weeks at a time. but not only was i trained from day one to do so i had the strength and abilities to do so. you do not have either. plus i never said allow them to kill, i said study. sometimes that means showing yourself to see how the move, how they fight, what their favored strategies are, etc." he said, not the least bit bothered by her out burst.

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 07, 2016 10:30AM) (new)

Yukiko was taken aback. She did not know what to say to this teacher. She looked at him appalled.

message 26: by Demon Dragon (new)

"i am over 5,000 years old girl, if you live to see even a portion of it you'll learn the price one must pay for the heroics you speak of, often it is more than one can bear," Alex shook his head, not allowing the memory to haunt him. "now since you have so much energy give me your best shot, hit me with your strongest attack."

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"What? Who? Huh?" Violet said looking at everyone confused. She had no idea what was going on.

message 28: by Demon Dragon (new)

Alex, sighing, grabbed the girl and flipped her on her back, knocking the breath out of her. "now your turn." pointing to the girl who looked at him with such anger.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

"Excuse me?!" Yukiko said looking at him. "Me strong attack. Pfft! Yea I don't have one." she said in a mocking tone.

message 30: by Demon Dragon (new)

"then you have nothing, for how can one as weak as you mock someone who has thousands of years of experience and strength?" he said, mocking her. with a snap of his wrist he pinned her to the ground on her back with his magic, holding her tightly. "break out of the hold, if you can."

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yukiko just sat there breathing slowly. She never read about magic as strong as this. She might be a ghost but she couldn't ghost through.

Violet stood there shocked. She finally knew what was going on. She started to shake.

Lydia looked at all four of them not knowing what to do. She quickly ran toward Gemstone to help her up. "Are you okay?" she whispered.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Violet looked over at Lydia and Gemstone. She gaped. "Here l..l..let me help you." she said helping her walk straight. "I'm t..t..t..aking Gemstone to the hospital wing." she said shuddering.

message 33: by Demon Dragon (new)

Alex then began speaking in a dark language, after saying several words he snapped his fingers. Gemstone was healed, although she'd feel it for several hours, and he revealed the force holding Yukiko down, turning it pitch black. "you must think light and force then say these words." he spoke in a lighter much more pleasant language but nothing happened after saying the words.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

"Think light?! And how is that done?" Yukiko asked confused. She never thought light or positive.

message 35: by Demon Dragon (new)

"think of the light of the sun, how it feels like, and think of pushing, the feel of it and the reaction doing it has. it is the only way to get out of the Dark Grip Spell." Alex said, briefly changing into black smoke before appearing again under a tree, sitting comfortably.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh yea. Sun means sunburn and skin cancer. Then there is the blistering pain that it causes. Nice one." Yukiko said.

message 37: by Demon Dragon (new)

"it means life." Alex said as he pulled a small book from a coat pocket.

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 07, 2016 10:57AM) (new)

"Sure it does." Yukiko countered. "What means lif more than sickness?"

message 39: by Demon Dragon (new)

"the more you complain the more you'll be stuck in there." he said as he opened his book and started reading. he was currently studying some of Earth's more natural wildlife and was reading a little book on some birds.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"Complaining? Bah. I have not complained at all." Yukiko muttered darkly.

message 41: by Demon Dragon (new)

"still complaining." he said in a singsong voice as he continued reading.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Yukiko sat quietly. She glared as she stared forward.

message 43: by Demon Dragon (new)

Alex sighing in annoyance, said, "you are a ghost. you simply have to think the correct way and you can phase through the spell."

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ooo, and what way would that be? All smarts teacher?" Yukiko said annoyed.

message 45: by Demon Dragon (new)

"to become the spell. you take a bit of it into yourself and the spell, believing you to be itself and without a target dissipates."

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yea. I'm here to learn that. Not by actually doing it this early but by reading it." Yukiko said frightened.

message 47: by Demon Dragon (new)

"it is not written in any book, nor is most of what i teach you. i believe, and was taught, that it is best to experience something firsthand rather than read about it or hear about from someone else."

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well that's helpful." Yukiko said miserably.

message 49: by Demon Dragon (new)

"simply reach out with your mind and grasp the spell. you're instincts should take over from there."

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Yukiko sat still. She started to try but she gave up. She then pouted.

« previous 1