College Prepster Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana (last edited Mar 07, 2016 05:42AM) (new)

Dana (somethinggoodblog) | 10 comments I was looking through an email I got about new books coming out this month and I noticed that a new historical fiction book about Sisi has come out. Here's the description:

Sisi
By Allison Pataki
HISTORICAL FICTION
A striking, free-spirited young woman marries into the royal family and earns the love of the people while facing troubles at home. Sound familiar? It’s not Princess Diana who’s the subject of this story but a figure in the Habsburg Empire: Empress Sisi, who was known as “the most beautiful woman in the world.” Pataki’s sweeping tale captures the court intrigue, the emotional turmoil and the lavish settings of this turbulent 19th-century world.

I thought that anyone who read the Fortune Hunter may be interested in reading it. I think I may order it from the library and give it a shot!

message 2: by Leah (new)

Leah | 1 comments This book is the sequel to Allison Pataki's "An Accidental Empress" which is about the beginning of Sisi's life! I really enjoyed it and would recommend if you liked "Fortune Hunter"!

message 3: by Dana (new)

Dana (somethinggoodblog) | 10 comments Leah wrote: "This book is the sequel to Allison Pataki's "An Accidental Empress" which is about the beginning of Sisi's life! I really enjoyed it and would recommend if you liked "Fortune Hunter"!"

I just ordered An Accidental Empress!

message 4: by Carly (new)

Carly Riordan (carlyriordan) | 30 comments Mod
Oh! Amazing– thanks for the recommendation!!