All About Books discussion

Just for Fun > A Book closeby

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Caecilia (new)

Caecilia Saori What is the title of the book close to you?

in my case,
"The Secret History" ...

message 2: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments Do you mean physically closest to me at this moment?

Cary Grant: Dark Angel (sitting on top of Hubble: The Mirror on the Universe) and A Prayer for Owen Meany (sitting on top of And Quiet Flows the Don) are about equidistant though in different directions.

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen  | 344 comments Daughter of Fortune - sitting under my arm and my current read.

message 7: by Zippergirl (new)

Zippergirl The Bone Clocks The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell (in the outhouse)

message 8: by Caecilia (new)

Caecilia Saori David Duchovny's "Holy Cow"

message 9: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 537 comments You're Mine Now by Hans Koppel on my Kindle!

message 10: by Tweedledum (new)

Tweedledum  (tweedledum) | 2016 comments The Examined Life: How We Lose and Find Ourselves . I should keep this by me at all times in case I lose myself...

message 11: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 638 comments Matched by Ally Condie

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments My coffee table books remain the same (Cary Grant: Dark Angel and Hubble: The Mirror on the Universe) and on my sofa back, Black Plumes (on top of And Quiet Flows the Don).

message 15: by Tweedledum (new)

Tweedledum  (tweedledum) | 2016 comments Faber Book of Utopias I'm searching for a better life.... Or at least a distraction from this one. It's Sunday evening and I can't put off report writing any longer.

message 16: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 1082 comments "Bing Crosby: Call Me Lucky" by Bing Crosby is opposite me.

message 17: by Tweedledum (new)

Tweedledum  (tweedledum) | 2016 comments Dirty Old London: The Victorian Fight Against Filth a Mother's Day gift from a daughter who knows her mum is actually interested in public health!

message 18: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 1082 comments By my foot is "Dragonfly in Amber" by Diana Gabaldon. It's the second one in the Outlander series, easily one of my favourite series.

message 19: by Tweedledum (new)

Tweedledum  (tweedledum) | 2016 comments Brooklyn wrote: "By my foot is "Dragonfly in Amber" by Diana Gabaldon. It's the second one in the Outlander series, easily one of my favourite series."

Mmm love those books too.

message 20: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceypb) | 1191 comments Right next to me is my current read Bird Box by Josh Malerman.
About 3ft away is my other read Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. :)

message 21: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 1082 comments I've been meaning to read Anna Karenina :)

Next to the Bing Crosby book, again, opposite me, is a stack of Agatha Christie novels, including a first edition of Dumb Witness and The Hollow.

message 22: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 638 comments I have some books on my Nook, Matched, and Across The Universe

message 23: by Zippergirl (new)

Zippergirl I have but two real books within view:

Leaves of Fire Leaves of Fire (The Newirth Mythology #2) by Michael B. Koep

The Bone Clocks The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you!

message 24: by LauraT (last edited Apr 15, 2016 12:23AM) (new)

LauraT (laurata) | 13040 comments Mod
My ereader with White Teeth White Teeth by Zadie Smith opened.
That's close by, but in view I've got my whole library: over 3000 volumes!!!

message 25: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 1082 comments Niiiiice, Laura T!! :D

For me right in front are:

"The Audrey Hepburn Treasures" by Ellen Erwin and "Jimmy Stewart: a biography." By Marc Eliot

message 26: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 11480 comments Mod
The Map of Bones by Francesca Haig

message 28: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 1082 comments PD James - The Skull Beneath The Skin

message 30: by Shay (new)

Shay (shayreader) | 25 comments Um. Mine's on my kindle in my hand. A Court of Thorns and Roses.

message 31: by David (new)

David Ruffle | 67 comments Hannah wrote: "Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel"

Not many better books to have by you.

For me, The Tempest is by my side together with an adapted script.

message 32: by Tweedledum (new)

Tweedledum  (tweedledum) | 2016 comments A little pile on the garden table

Apple Tree Yard
On top of
The History of Mr. Polly
On top of
Cuckoo: Cheating by Nature

message 33: by Shay (new)

Shay (shayreader) | 25 comments Endure

My current read.

message 38: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 60 comments Next to me currently is The Eye of the World

message 39: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments Well, my Kindle is closest to me so hundreds of books! But ignoring that, The Unreal and the Real: The Selected Short Stories of Ursula K. Le Guin is on my end table.

message 40: by Shay (new)

Shay (shayreader) | 25 comments Night Study is in my backpack.

message 41: by Karin (last edited Feb 07, 2017 10:43AM) (new)

Karin | 1925 comments Three library books are equally close in my bag.

Howards End
Wake-Robin
Improving Your Serve

message 43: by Jason (new)

Jason | 1051 comments The Haunting of Hill House - I always take a book with me in my messenger bag (or my 'man purse' as my wife refers to it) that way I can read during my lunch break if I so wish.

message 44: by Tweedledum (new)

Tweedledum  (tweedledum) | 2016 comments The Crooked Sixpence top of my bedside pile - rediscovered this impulsive purchase from last year and now nearly halfway thru'.

message 45: by Shay (new)

Shay (shayreader) | 25 comments Dawn Study is the closest, but it's on my Kindle.

message 46: by Tweedledum (last edited Apr 24, 2017 03:53PM) (new)

Tweedledum  (tweedledum) | 2016 comments In a Different Key: The Story of Autism by John Donvan

A very fascinating book. I have to keep quoting new delights from it here and there.

message 48: by Petra (new)

Petra | 3244 comments The Pater: My Father, My Judaism, My Childlessness

A GR Giveaway win that is turning out to be a very good read.

message 49: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 411 comments The book sitting close to me that I will read - one of these days - is How to Read Literature Like a Professor: A Lively and Entertaining Guide to Reading Between the Lines by Thomas C. Foster. I skimmed the pages. It is a lively and absorbing book. I'm just not ready.

message 50: by Antonio (new)

Antonio Gallo (galloway) | 1729 comments How to Be Human The Ultimate Guide to Your Amazing Existence by New Scientist How to Be Human: The Ultimate Guide to Your Amazing Existence We all belong to a unique, fascinating and often misunderstood species. This is a most recent guide ...

« previous 1 3