Perpetual Booknerds discussion

Awake at Dawn > Monday: ch 1-5 (pg. 1-54)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 295 comments Mod

message 2: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 295 comments Mod
I like how the story picked up right where we left off. I am still not 100% sure about Derek. He seems genuine, but I'm not sure how I feel about their relationship.

So this new development with her enjoying blood makes me think that maybe she is a god descendant and that she will prove to have something from each species. Maybe that's why no one can figure out exactly what she is because she is a bit of everything. But I could be completely off.

message 3: by Eve (new)

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 480 comments Mod
Oh I was thinking the same thing as Bo about what she is. I think it's something unique and combining everything. I'm glad she was able to make peace with Della though. It's sad her dad didn't even know what they are and he has to go and we just got to know him.

Now about this wolf. I want to know more and I hope Della never tries to eat it :(

Also agree with Derek. I think he may be a good guy though I'm still suspicious why he's tried so hard to get her to like him. He knew nothing about her and had no idea she was a good person when he started trying so hard so I find it fishy. Also his gift still makes me not trust him. Not that it's his fault but not telling someone about a gift like that and actively avoiding telling someone who asks until after you've used it on them is WRONG!

message 4: by Eve (new)

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 480 comments Mod
Also almost forgot! Love the girl bonding. They are strong together. Looking out for one another. Not sure how I feel about Miranda kissing Kevin. But I think if Perry likes her he needs to step up maybe this will push him to step up (but hopefully not cause issues between him and his roommate)