All About Books discussion

General Archive > 2016 Contemporary Fiction - Books to look forward to

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caecilia (last edited Mar 07, 2016 12:20AM) (new)

Caecilia Saori :-) As many of us are reading contemporary books, I thought we could collect lists of new releases and also discuss newly released books here.

Please, find below some of the lists I have used as a reference so far...

a list by >> Huffington Post.
32 New Books To Add To Your Shelf In 2016

a list by >> Millions
Most Anticipated: The Great 2016 Book Preview

a really great >> Goodreads list
Anticipated 2016 Literary Fiction

a list of possible >> Man Book Prize candidates for this year
Man Booker Prize Eligible 2016

Any particular 2016 release books you have read already?
Which books are you looking forward to?

I have read "Blackass", "The Vegetarian" and "My Name Is Lucy Barton". Out of these, I clearly liked "My Name Is Lucy Barton" the most.

Am currently reading "Girl Through Glass" :-)
and have "Your Heart Is A Muscle.." and "The Portable Veblen" on my TBR shelf to be read soon.
"The Children's Home", "The Doubter's Almanac" and "What Lies Between Us" are also, on my TBR shelf.

Eagerly awaiting the availability of "What Is Not Yours Is Not Yours".

:-) We sure need much more reading time!
-- So looking forward to your replies.

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom | 819 comments Commenting just so I can see what people say, since I doubt I will have anything to add. Why? Because I feel like I do when it's Oscar season and I've only seen 1 of the films on the entire slate if I'm lucky.

Oh wait, maybe I do have something to contribute... BookRiot has a podcast called All the Books which discusses the new releases on their radar.

message 3: by Caecilia (last edited Mar 09, 2016 03:54AM) (new)

Caecilia Saori hi Tom :-)

that BookRiot link looks great - thank you so much for sharing!
I'm just now browsing their reviews, checking out what they have to say about the books I have also read ...

:-) I am always eager to hear or read reviews on new books. this is one great source!

btw ~ also wanted to add, the new year has just started. the majority of books mentioned on the lists that I have shared have not even been released. I'm just too impatient to wait ;-)