All Booked Up discussion

Group Reads > March Reading!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (caitlin_hendrie) | 60 comments Mod
Hey guys!
I'm sorry for not being active for months.
This month, I've decided to make it the Classic Reading month.
So, what that means is that we read classic books/novels, and talk about the ones we're currently reading, have read or want to read.
I'll start.

I've read The Great Gatsby and absolutely loved it! It is my favourite Classic at the moment.
I'm currently reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac because I love the Beat Generation and I eventually plan to read The Picture of Dorian Gray.
I've also tried reading To Kill A Mockingbird, but I couldn't get into it after 70 pages. One day, I hope to finish it.

What books have you read or want to read?

Mary Elizabeth  (melizabethgoodreader) | 38 comments Mod
My two of my favorites are A Tale of Two Cities and Journey to the Center of the Earth. I've got a collection of H. G. Wells stories I need to read, so I was thinking of starting with the Island of Dr. Moreau.

message 3: by Roxy (new)

Roxy  (roxx727) | 15 comments I've got to agree on The Great Gatsby. I adore that book so much. Easily a favorite I read while in high school.

And though there are people that don't consider it one, I'd like to read Dracula sometime soon. I've always wanted to finally sit down and read that one. But I don't know, I guess I've always found it a bit intimidating.

A Tale of Two Cities is definitely one I've got on my to-read list.