Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS) discussion

2016 Archives > The New Romance Novel -- Annjea Morgan Llewor

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annjea (last edited Mar 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

message 2: by Annjea (last edited Mar 25, 2016 01:02PM) (new)

Annjea Llewor (goodreadscomannjeamorganllewor) | 10 comments Welcome to my booth!

I'll be offering a chance to win a free eBook copies of Cards and Consequences! Like my facebook page, add me on GoodReads, and comment here for a chance to win! eBooks are available in Nook, Kindle, and iTunes formats.

Feel free to message me, also, if you are interested in a signed copy of the paperback!

Map categories: #Romance #WomensFiction #Giveaway

message 3: by Annjea (new)

Annjea Llewor (goodreadscomannjeamorganllewor) | 10 comments Here's the link to my podcast with fellow author Charlene Jones!

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/1o...

message 4: by Annjea (last edited Mar 25, 2016 01:06PM) (new)

Annjea Llewor (goodreadscomannjeamorganllewor) | 10 comments So what do I mean by "the *new* romance novel"? Did you read romance novels as a young woman? Did you choose simple ones, with castle-in-the-cloud endings? Let's face it, Disney princess stories are, in many ways, romance novels. A beautiful young lady is faced with problems, but her inner beauty wins the day and the prince, and she is carried off on a white horse to live happily ever after.

But, where is this place, HappilyEverAfter?

I haven't found it. Nor have I heard of anybody else who has.

The *new* romance novel is for the more sophisticated reader, one who wants to read about love, romance, and desire, but still wants an underlying story and characters that are realistic and situations that are intriguing and thought provoking. Perhaps the book stimulates the reader for personal growth; maybe, just maybe, it reignites a flame with a significant other.

What romance novels have you read, and which ones are your favorites? Do you prefer the ones with happy endings, or the ones with realistic endings? Everybody has their opinions; I want to hear yours!

Like me on Facebook!

Facebook.com/AnnjeaMorganLlewor

Add me on GoodReads, then reply to this thread with your favorite romance novels / thoughts / opinions on the "new" romance novel, for a chance to win a free eBook copy of Cards and Consequences!

message 5: by Annjea (new)

Annjea Llewor (goodreadscomannjeamorganllewor) | 10 comments Be sure to check out the Out and About blog by my friend Natalie Neece if you live in, or will be visiting, San Diego. Natalie keeps us up to date on all the latest happenings around town!

http://natalieneece.wix.com/outandabout

message 6: by Annjea (last edited Mar 29, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Annjea Llewor (goodreadscomannjeamorganllewor) | 10 comments I'm very excited to be taking part in the Readers' Fantasyland Facebook Takeover which will happen in conjunction with the Cybercon, 9-10 April 2016. My time slot is 5:00 Eastern, 2:00 Pacific, on Sunday the 10th and we will have some fun games! If you haven't read Cards and Consequences, don't worry! It isn't necessary to have read the book in order to play for a chance to win cool prizes. Like and follow me on Facebook for all the updates: Facebook.com/AnnjeaMorganLlewor

message 7: by Skylar (new)

Skylar Nightingale | 11 comments Annjea wrote: "So what do I mean by "the *new* romance novel"? Did you read romance novels as a young woman? Did you choose simple ones, with castle-in-the-cloud endings? Let's face it, Disney princess stories ar..."

Hi Annjea,

I like romance novels with an HEA. I'm a huge fan of New Adult. It like the characters with flaws, but they work through it. Some of the New Adult stories that I've read has ailments such as mental illnesses, paralysis, etc... So although it may end with the characters being together, it leaves the door open to show that working through these issues are necessary to continue in the love story that they desire.

message 8: by Annjea (new)

Annjea Llewor (goodreadscomannjeamorganllewor) | 10 comments These are great thoughts! I personally think the real piece is essential to a book that is interesting because without it, the characters are too plastic and a more sophisticated reader loses interest. And to Skylar's point, HEA doesn't have to mean castle-in-the-clouds, but can be a more real kind of "happy".

message 9: by Annjea (new)

Annjea Llewor (goodreadscomannjeamorganllewor) | 10 comments Now, for a more provocative question. Are sexual descriptions important in a romance novel?

message 10: by Skylar (last edited Apr 09, 2016 06:34PM) (new)

Skylar Nightingale | 11 comments I agree with David, giving depth to the emotional aspects. It may be important to see the intensity between the two, especially if it has been building throughout the story. Sometimes, it is amazing to readers when they watch character emotions explode on the page. When it is done well, it can be breathtaking.

message 11: by Annjea (new)

Annjea Llewor (goodreadscomannjeamorganllewor) | 10 comments Great discussion! Thanks for that. Please join me NOW on the Facebook takeover! Readers' Fantasyland. See you there!

message 12: by Annjea (new)

Annjea Llewor (goodreadscomannjeamorganllewor) | 10 comments Wow that was fun! I'm back from the Facebook Takeover. Please check it out! My games have moved over to my own page, but go to the Takeover page and read about them, then play by Midnight Pacific time tonight for a chance to win!

Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cards and Consequences (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Annjea Morgan Llewor (other topics)