Real Christian discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 6160 comments Mod
I feel really crazy I forgot this :\ Better late than never, eh? ;D

Days!!

First Week of March: Cait
Second Week of March: Sara
Third Week of March: Me
Fourth Week of March: Tamara

Thanks so much for these awesome volunteers :D *handclaps* Gee, this group just would NOT even be a bit awesome without y'all!

If you would like to volunteer to have a week, then let me know below, or message me.

Thanks!
Lots of love *walks away singing*

message 2: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 6160 comments Mod
Yays!!! God gave me a song *throws confetti* :D
Okay, so honesty, I made some photos that go with this analyzation, but I'm not sure how to post them here... So, if you want to see them all, and the links I've included, (that I also don't know how to add) you can go to the blog link here: *
http://wp.me/p727FD-c1*
Let's get to it ((;

Deeper Than The Sound - "Another Day," by Carman!!

Hi there *waves crazily*
I haven't done one of these in several months, and I'm really looking forward to this! :D

(If you are not familiar with this topic, this is a post where I will list a song, its artist's background, the lyrics, and analyze the song at hand!
The point is to grant us more thought, and knowledge toward a particular song, and likewise provide some inspiration, hope, and creative encouragement! I hope you enjoy it!
These posts are always open to comments, questions, or etc... I'd love to hear from you!! ;))

((Check out the last, "Deeper Than The Sound," here: ["What Salvation's Done For Me!" by, The Booth Brothers.]))

("Another Day," by, Carman)

This song really has been upon my heart for, really, the last month!
I've been dealing with a lot of questions, worries, and heart aches, and, this song has played such a huge part in reminding me that Christ is always listening, and already has a plan - all I have to do, is trust!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Background:

(Taken from, Wikipedia...)

Carmelo Domenic Licciardello (born January 19, 1956) known by his stage name, Carman, is a contemporary Christian music artist and evangelist.

Carman was born in Trenton, New Jersey.
As a child, he played drums in his mother's band, then as a teen, he formed his own group. Around the age of 20, he moved to California.

While attending an Andraé Crouch concert, Carman became a born again Christian, and embraced evangelicalism.

Carman has received 15 gold and platinum albums and videos, and has sold over 10 million records. He holds the world record for the largest single Christian concert in history.

----------------------------------------------------------

Carman's music has been a big part of my childhood, and continuing now as well.

His music always has a meaning, whether it be to praise the Lord, tell of some encouraging Biblical message, or just to make us smile!

Along with the deep meaning, Carman's music always has a good beat, and is one of my favorite tools when I'm feeling down!! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Analazying:
(Lyrics in italics, my thoughts in regular text.)

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When I pray I seek an answer
I don’t want a song and dance or
Assume I know and take a chance or go astray..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayer is one of the greatest gifts God has given us - (James 5:16.)
However, many times we feel like God is not listening, and we are merely talking to ourselves... *sigh*...
We pray, for we want to know the leading of God; we are not looking for simply a good feeling from praying, nor just a silence around us...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Listen now to my request and
Send a word so I can rest and
Get direction to my question, and feel okay..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We cry for God to hear us, and know, that if we could know God's answer, to this so aching question, we could relax, and have peace!
An answer to a question that has frazzled you, is what we pray for... (Romans 8:26)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"But I know not now don’t mean never
So I’ll just do what I must do and trust You forever..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Above all, a fret I face a lot, is that of coming to terms with knowing, that sometimes, we don't get an answer.
Yes, we came to God in prayer and supplication, like He tells us, and yes, we asked continually, but, no, we do not get an answer...
One may start to think they've done something wrong, or need to keep asking, but, sometimes, God wants us to trust Him first and foremost.
Even if that means, not getting an answer.
An answer does not supply our mental stability, and if we start to depend on life, and it's occurrences, we will only start to believe in ourselves, and in that way, we will only fail.
However, when we trust in Jesus Christ, and whatever He plans for us, even when we may not be aware of this plan, we will be like the man who built his house on the rock - steadfast!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Chorus:)
An answer soon will come my way, but it may come another day
The wind will blow the clouds away, but it may blow another day
God’s promises are always true, a rainbow somewhere waits there too
But until then, You’ll see me through another day
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The answer God has for us, is not always given when we want it to be - sometimes, all we are given is the knowledge of knowing God is in control, no matter our unknowing of the situation, (Proverbs 19:21.)

All of issues will be taken care of, (blown away like the heavy clouds settled in the sky,) but, the solution may not be immediate. We can trust, however, God will take care of it, even if it is another day!

God's word to us will always be true - never failing!
He promises us to lead us, when we seek Him, (Philippians 4:19.)

The rainbow, a promise set in the sky, by God, after the flood, to remind us of a very important truth:
"The rainbow appears when we have most reason to fear the rain prevailing; God then shows this seal of the promise, that it shall not prevail. The thicker the cloud, the brighter the bow in the cloud. Thus, as threatening afflictions abound, encouraging consolations much more..."
(Taken from - Matthew Henry's Commentary...)

Therefore, this line is very deep, and tells us that when God gives an answer, we will know it is perfect, even if it comes after the rain!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like the boy with loaves and fishes
I got hopes and lots of wishes
It would be just so delicious to hear Your voice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boy, who gave his lunch to Jesus, was used to feed thousands, and show Christ's power - and this line shows, that we want to be used of God, with our talents!
Our hopes, dreams, and wishes are with us, but to follow them in peace, we must have God's answer and leading, and for now, we only find silence.

We need God's voice, and like a scrumptious dinner to our taste buds, so would God's answer be to our ears!
(Jeremiah 33:3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh sometimes I want to weep Lord
A hundred prayers and not a peep Lord
Give me something I can keep Lord through the noise
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the storm is upon us, we want to cry, and weep in our utter distress - and, those who know the Creator of the world, like we do, want to pour out of hearts to that Someone who keeps the earth spinning!
However, as the desire to pour this out before the Lord, we also are in so much distress, we don't want to let our voice call out...

When in these moments, we want God, yet, feel as though we can't reach out toward Him, and so, we do what we can, and that is ask for something we can know, and be sure of within these troubles!
(1 John 3:20)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cuz I know not now don’t mean never
So I’ll just do what I must do and trust You forever
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And still, we know that the silence, doesn't mean we are left alone, but rather that God already has a plan, just not for us to see quite yet!
Our trust in Him, even when life makes no sense, and our hopes seem to be vanishing before our eyes, strengthens us, and ironically, provides a serene peace -- for, we know God is the reason for our plans!

Trust is so much more than a word - trust is what keeps us heartily connected to the Saviour!
We were not here when the heavens were fashioned in a keen, and perfect manner, and they were still made - for we must realize nothing comes by our own hands, because everything good comes from Jehovah, and without Him nothing would be!
(John 1:3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
God’s promises are always true, a rainbow somewhere waits there too
But until then, You’ll see me through another day
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall, this message is one we all need to take to heart!

Where is your trust? If you have placed your belief, and hope in worldly possessions, occurrences, beliefs, or people, then it will all fail, like a heavy rock through a paper napkin.
But, on the other side, is your trust put into the Almighty, and everliving Christ who gave His life for yours?

He is the only peace, rock, strength, and love that is steadfast through the storm!

Even when we don't get an answer, doesn't mean God no longer cares, for, in fact the silence may show us that God cares so much more than you may think!
Like a parent who loves their child, will scold, and teach them in the right way, so will God lead, and guide us where we are needed - and, sometimes that may be where you don't want to go, or maybe not what you want to hear - but, His plan is perfect, and will always be true!

Our answer is there, and sometimes when we only hear silence, it just means to trust, because in this present world of total distress, and evil, we need that trust that builds faith to carry us through!

Trust Christ - He is All In All!!

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Listen to the song: ("Another Day," by Carman...)

I really enjoyed this one y'all, and I'm sure that's probably because I was preaching to myself! :P
Haha, this is something I needed for sure, and maybe you did as well?

Do let me know what you think below, and if you like what you read here, go over and press that follow button to get updates when I post something new! Hehe... :D

God bless, and prayers!

Do trust - an answer is on it's way!

--------------------------------------
For more info:

** Lyrics Here: **
** Carman's Website: **
--------------------------------------

Jesus loves you, always!

For Jesus first loved me <3

~M.K.

message 3: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Sorry it took me so long to post this...

This week I’m choosing a more contemporary hymn that fits the theme of Easter/Resurrection Sunday. Yeah I know it’s a week late, but why do we have to be “on time” to celebrate the resurrection of Christ!? I’m also learning a dance to this song, it’s a drama/lyrical that depicts the words to the song in dance form. You’ve probably heard this song before, it’s called “Man of Sorrows” and I’m using the lyrics from Hillsong.

Here are the lyrics:

“Man of Sorrows” by Hillsong

Man of sorrows Lamb of God
By His own betrayed
The sin of man and wrath of God
Has been on Jesus laid

Silent as He stood accused
Beaten mocked and scorned
Bowing to the Father's will
He took a crown of thorns

CHORUS
Oh that rugged cross
My salvation
Where Your love poured out over me
Now my soul cries out
Hallelujah
Praise and honour unto Thee

Sent of heaven God's own Son
To purchase and redeem
And reconcile the very ones
Who nailed Him to that tree

BRIDGE
Now my debt is paid
It is paid in full
By the precious blood
That my Jesus spilled

Now the curse of sin
Has no hold on me
Whom the Son sets free
Oh is free indeed

See the stone is rolled away
Behold the empty tomb
Hallelujah God be praised
He's risen from the grave

I find these lyrics so beautiful, inspiring, and touching. The tune is very melancholy and sad, but remains hopeful during the chorus and bridge.

The first few lines of the song go like this:

Man of sorrows Lamb of God
By His own betrayed
The sin of man and wrath of God
Has been on Jesus laid
Silent as He stood accused
Beaten mocked and scorned
Bowing to the Father's will
He took a crown of thorns

This is talking about the events leading up to the crucifixion of Jesus. He was betrayed and abandoned by His disciples and then the wrath of God was placed upon Him as he was beaten, accused, mocked, and scorned. But even through all of that He stayed silent and submitted to the will of the Father. I always find it so amazing that He kept His peace through all of His trials, most would get angry if they were being falsely accused, I know I would, but Jesus knew that it was God’s will for Him and He surrendered to it.

The chorus goes like this:

Oh that rugged cross
My salvation
Where Your love poured out over me
Now my soul cries out
Hallelujah
Praise and honour unto Thee

This is talking about the death of Jesus on the cross for our salvation. We should always praise our Lord for what He’s done, He poured out His love on us, we should honor and praise Him!! I love where it says “now my soul cries out Hallelujah” just the words “crying out” give a feeling of desperation or in this case extreme thankfulness. First we cried out to the Lord in desperation and now we cry out to Him “Hallelujah” in our thanks and praise!

The next line goes like this:

Sent of heaven God's own Son
To purchase and redeem
And reconcile the very ones
Who nailed Him to that tree

This further explains the will of God and the purpose for Christ’s death. He was sent to us to purchase, redeem, and reconcile His children, even the ones who were responsible for His death, in this case every single one of us! But it was the will of the Father, He sent His son to redeem us!

The Bridge goes like this:

Now my debt is paid
It is paid in full
By the precious blood
That my Jesus spilled
Now the curse of sin
Has no hold on me
Whom the Son sets free
Oh is free indeed

This is the climax of the song and brings everything to it’s final peak before it is resolved. Our debts are paid because Jesus spilled His blood to release the hold of sin in our lives. We are free! Free from the curse of sin, free from our debts, and free from all our trespasses!!

The final verse goes like this:

See the stone is rolled away
Behold the empty tomb
Hallelujah God be praised
He's risen from the grave

This really gives the spirit of celebration. Jesus is risen from the grave, hallelujah!!! What is more joyous than that!? God raised up Christ from the dead and that was His biggest victory over Satan, the final victory is yet to come! So praise God and look forward to the day when Christ will overcome the World, defeat Satan and his minions, and take His children to be with Him for eternity!!

You can listen to the song here:
http://www.songlyrics.com/hillsong-ch...

message 4: by Karis (last edited Apr 03, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

Karis | 739 comments Thanks you two. You both did a great job *round of applause* Those are really amazing songs. I loved the pictures you used, MK ;) Great job too, Tamara. Keep it up!