What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA murder mystery - popular girl at a boarding school is killed but police think it's a suicide because of pills found in her hand; her friend is suspected. Spoilers included... [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna Fan (emeraldaphoenix) | 5 comments The book I want to find is about a murder mystery at a boarding school. A popular girl was killed. Her friend is suspected of killing her. I read it in 2011 or 2012. I can't remember title or author. It seems to not be talked about. I searched on the internet for it and couldn't find a book fitting the exact description. The main character, the one being framed for the popular girl's death, is in a dorm with the twin sister of someone the popular girls' bullying has put her in an asylum. The twin sister is getting revenge on the main character by sneaking in dead popular girls' belongings to make her find it and freak out. At one point, it was the dead girl's perfume. It is part of a series of maybe two or three books. I think the author was female. Can't remember the cover art or character names.

I suddenly remembered more. The dead popular girl's death was ruled a suicide by police because they found pills in her hand. The twin sister getting revenge was hiding in dead girl's room when she came in from having fun with her friends. The twin had put a gun to her head and told her to take the pills or she would shoot her. So she did. The boarding school is for kids from wealthy families.

message 2: by Hillary (new)

Hillary | 277 comments Just from the plot it sounds like it could be one of the paperbacks by Christopher Pike or possibly Caroline B. Cooney. Maybe scroll through the covers and see if anything rings a bell, they both wrote a lot and at around the same time.

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna Fan (emeraldaphoenix) | 5 comments Sorry, nothing rings a bell for both authors.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Fan (emeraldaphoenix) | 5 comments I found the book. It is Revelation in Kate Brian's Private series. It is the only book I've read from the series.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32272 comments Mod
Thanks for the update, Anna. Glad you found your book. Here's the link - Revelation by Kate Brian.

Added plot details to the topic header.