Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Monday Puzzler > Monday Puzzler- 07 March 2016

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2089 comments Mod
*posting early. -Swoon. I love reading a males POV and this one is sigh worthy. I just lurve romance!

Hero stared helplessly at the ravishing blond sylph in blue who imagined she could stand up to him. And against all expectations, seemed to have prevailed.

His family was respectable. His father had been a mine manager, so he'd been brought up with a modicum of decency. He'd never gone hungry. He'd had a good education. He'd had an adventurous life, discovering the world and its wonders.

But never in his travels had he seen anything to match Lady D.

Since he'd made his fortune, many a lording had been eager to take advantage of his business acumen. But ladies remained an unfamiliar breed. Especially ladies like this, as fragile as a new rosebud or the Venetian glass he imported to such a great profit. When he'd stopped shouting long enough to notice what she looked like, his mind had immediately turned to custard.

When his brain resumed working, all he knew was how huge and clumsy and unrefined he was compared to her graceful perfection. It was like Caliban yearning after Ariel, if Caliban was a great bear of a blockhead with a booming voice, and hands like dinner plates, and the manners of a stevedore. By rights, she should shrink from his uncouth presence.

But this creature of air and light possessed surprising courage. No common sense at all, of course. or else she'd see that her plans were totally unsuitable.

He definitely knew one thing about gentlewomen. Rules hedged them about, tighter than the strapping on a bale of fine merino wool from New South Wales.

But somehow despite being a foot shorter and half his weight, she'd forced an agreement from him. Another item to add to his list of facts about the nobly born female. They were damned slippery customers.

"Mr. T?"

He must be gawping at her as if she'd clouted him on the noggin with a cricket bat. Which was fair description of his state. "Aye, you can come. But cause any trouble and I'll unload you at the first inn we come to and send a carriage to collect you when everything's over."

"That's a bargain." Her smile intensified the sensation of having been hit with a blunt instrument.

Dear Lord above, but she was pretty.

She was completely out his sphere and pointless to want, but nobody could stop a man from taking pleasure in a bonny lass.

When he was alone, he lifted her untouched brandy and downed it in one gulp. Even though he was a fellow generally abstemious habits.

The liquor hit his throat with a hot burst and shocked him back to the current moment. But as he went outside to check the horses, he could swear he wasn't the same man he'd been half an hour ago.

message 2: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments Oh! I just read this one. It was lovely.

message 3: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1184 comments Ooh no idea!

message 4: by Okie (new)

Phoenix77 wrote: "Oh! I just read this one. It was lovely."

Isn't it? :) I enjoyed this one as well. This author Never disappoints. Love her!

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1275 comments It kind of sounds familiar. :-)

message 6: by Okie (new)

Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Ooh no idea!"

Hint- this is book 2 in a novella series.

message 7: by Okie (new)

Stacey is Sassy wrote: "It kind of sounds familiar. :-)"

I know you know this one :D

message 8: by Stacey (last edited Mar 06, 2016 09:38PM) (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1275 comments Okie wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "It kind of sounds familiar. :-)"

I know you know this one :D"

I can't believe I didn't realise what it was straight away. Long weekend. :-)

message 9: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments I don't have a clue.

message 10: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1184 comments I've worked it out via my detective abilities Hehehehe
Haven't read any of them so think I will start with the first one!

message 11: by Okie (new)

Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Okie wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "It kind of sounds familiar. :-)"

I know you know this one :D"

I can't believe I didn't realise what it was straight away. Long weekend. :-)"

Loads of reading will do that to ya, Stacey <3
I see your reading US by S Bowen- can't wait to read your review!!

message 12: by Okie (new)

Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I've worked it out via my detective abilities Hehehehe
Haven't read any of them so think I will start with the first one!"

Funny! Happy Reading! :-)

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1018 comments I read this last week!

message 14: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments No clue, but sounds fun! I also love reading a male's POV, Okie!

message 15: by Okie (new)

Susan wrote: "I read this last week!"

I think she's doing an awesome job with this novella series, Susan.

message 16: by Okie (last edited Mar 07, 2016 09:13AM) (new)

Irisheyes wrote: "No clue, but sounds fun! I also love reading a male's POV, Okie!"

I love getting the males insight, Irish! Especially in Regency Romance. As we read in this passage, everything is always so prim and proper. Having a man in Regency Romance describe his version of insta lust is just swoon worthy.

message 17: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1917 comments Mod
I have a guess...

message 18: by Okie (new)

Manda wrote: "I have a guess..."

Without giving too much away- I believe your guess is spot on. lol!

message 19: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I suspect many of us have read this one very recently. :)

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments Definitely have not read this, I have no clue/:

message 21: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
I am halfway through it

message 22: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
I am halfway through it

message 23: by Okie (new)

Many of y'all have guessed, (lol!) this weeks Monday Puzzler is- Tempting Mr. Townsend (Dashing Widows #2) by Anna Campbell.

Happy reading! : )

message 24: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1275 comments It's so funny Okie, I was away at Readers and Writers Down Under on the weekend and didn't have time to read. It took me 5 days to read this novella and it had nothing to do with the quality. When you put this up I thought there was no way it could be the book I just finished...so I started to doubt myself and was looking for an alternate. CRACK UP!!

message 25: by Okie (new)

Dls wrote: "I am halfway through it"

Isn't it lovely, Deb? This one in particular because he's self made.

message 26: by Okie (new)

Stacey is Sassy wrote: "It's so funny Okie, I was away at Readers and Writers Down Under on the weekend and didn't have time to read. It took me 5 days to read this novella and it had nothing to do with the quality. When ..."

Funny, Stacey! I'd seen your review so I knew you knew it. Hope you had a wonderful time this weekend. You had a lot goin on.

message 27: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments LOL! I just downloaded both of Anna's novellas yesterday morning. Was planning on reading them this weekend! Now I'm really looking forward to them. Thanks, Okie!

message 28: by Okie (new)

Irisheyes wrote: "LOL! I just downloaded both of Anna's novellas yesterday morning. Was planning on reading them this weekend! Now I'm really looking forward to them. Thanks, Okie!"

I'm thrilled about Anna's Dashing Widows novella series. I wish more authors did this. I know most writers are on a deadline and or committed to several project, but a little bit extra throughout the year is always an awesome thing for us rabid readers. Happy reading, Irish!

message 29: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1275 comments Okie wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "LOL! I just downloaded both of Anna's novellas yesterday morning. Was planning on reading them this weekend! Now I'm really looking forward to them. Thanks, Okie!"

I'm thrilled ..."

I totally agree with you...and they're affordable too ;)