Play Book Tag discussion

Lost Boy
This topic is about Lost Boy
Archive: Other Books > Lost Boy / Brent W. Jeffs. 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8032 comments Lost Boy / Brent W. Jeffs
4 stars

Brent Jeffs was born into the FLDS, the polygamous Mormon sect. His father had three wives and numerous children. Warren Jeffs, who later became the “prophet” after his father (and Brent's grandfather) died, is Brent's uncle. Brent and many of his older brothers left the FLDS, and their parents were also excommunicated. This is Brent's story.

I've read a few autobiographies of former FLDS members, so I suppose there wasn't too much shocking to me in this one. What was different about this one (for me), though, was that it was from a male point of view. Many of the boys who leave or are kicked out of the FLDS for some reason or other end up having a hard time outside their culture and often turn to drugs, etc. So, for me, this was a different viewpoint on a topic I've read a bit about already. Easy to read and still very interesting.

message 2: by Denizen (new) - added it

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments I've had this book on my TBR for years but have never seen feedback on it. I've not read much on the topic other than Krakauer's Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith. Maybe some day it will fit a tag and I can work it in.

LibraryCin | 8032 comments I hope you can fit it in. The first book I read about polygamy within the FLDS was Escape by Carolyn Jessop and it hooked me.