Ian Somerhalder Foundation Book Club discussion

First Question for Leaving Time

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian Somerhalder Foundation (iansomerhalderfoundation) | 62 comments Mod
Did you see the twist ending coming. Do you feel all the characters got the closure they needed?

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresa69) | 7 comments I am about half way through the book just starting Part II

message 3: by Debby (last edited Mar 08, 2016 07:01AM) (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) No, I did not see the twist ending coming, but I am not that familiar with being psychic. Felt sorry for the psychic. Also, I don't understand how it was possible for multiple "timelines"? to exist in the same physical space, but that's just my lack of knowledge.

message 4: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) Debby wrote: "No, I did not see the twist ending coming, but I am not that familiar with being psychic. I felt sorry for the psychic, in the end, as she was left behind. Also, I don't understand how it was possi..."
So enjoyed reading this book!

message 5: by D (new)

D | 5 comments What is the book called if I may ask?

message 6: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresa69) | 7 comments Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult

message 7: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresa69) | 7 comments I don't want to give away the ending of this book but no I didn't see the twist coming.However, I felt something was suspicious about Virgil throughout the story. No spoilers. I believe Jenna was given the closure she was searching for and Virgil found the closure he didn't fully understand he needed. Reading about the elephants was a beautiful and heartbreaking look into the deep emotions of these majestic animals. I enjoyed reading this book very much.

message 8: by Chantal (new)

Chantal (misschantilly) | 2 comments I didn't see the twisted ending coming, however throughout the book I wondered how it was possible the girl could be absent at her house so often without questions asked. Makes sense now :)

I think they all got the closure they needed, but they also needed each other for that. It couldn't have happened without 1 character.

message 9: by April (new)

April Hamilton | 4 comments I didn't see the twist coming but it was a refreshing change I thought.