Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

The book covers

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dominique (new)

Dominique I always thought that the book covers were very beautiful. They're also supposed to symbolize with the summary of the books, too, which I find pretty neat.
So, when they released new editions of classic romances, like Pride & Prejudice, Wuthering Heights, etc., I thought, 'Strange, but interesting.'
I think those stories were the inspiration for this series?
What I find a tad disappointing, though, is that they all just feature flowers. This series, other than a flower, had pale-white hands holding a red apple, a red torn ribbon, and a checkerboard.

wiggly I've always thought the Twilight covers are great but I wish Stephenie had got her wish with the second books cover. She wanted a clock to symbolise the passing of time or something. I can't remember exactly.

****Kelly***** I never liked twilight but I do love the covers!

wiggly ****Kelly***** wrote: "I never liked twilight but I do love the covers!"

why don't u like twilight?

message 5: by ****Kelly***** (last edited Apr 27, 2016 05:32PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

****Kelly***** Aestas wrote: "****Kelly***** wrote: "I never liked twilight but I do love the covers!"

why don't u like twilight?"

I read the first book and thought it was stupid. I'm not into romance books but it was there at TJMax on sale with all the other books ('how to become a excellent cook without trying', 'Elmo's trip out', and 'baby's first book') and I started reading. I had looked and poked around every part of the store while my family went to do whatever and had nothing else to do (I didn't have a cell phone at the time). Maybe it was because I was bone tired waiting for my ride or maybe it was the uncomfortable woven wicker chair but I just associate twilight with the most boring hours of my life.

wiggly Okaaaaay... I can see why you don't like it if you aren't into romance.

****Kelly***** Plus I was creeped out by Edward he was weird but the eclipse book cover was always my favorite even though I didn't read it. I like the red/black/white color scheme

wiggly Edward isn't my favourite character. Why did he creep you out? I didn't really find anything creepy about him. He was just real annoying! "Oh, Bella, you can't become a Vampire because you'll loose your soul."
My favourite book cover is Eclipse I think, though their all great.
If you had to pick a favourite character who would it be?

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia ****Kelly***** wrote: "Plus I was creeped out by Edward he was weird but the eclipse book cover was always my favorite even though I didn't read it. I like the red/black/white color scheme"

yea tell me about it. i mean when it 1st came out, it was ok here and there cause it was bit new, then later on it got bit on the boring side that here, but only book that was ok was eclipse cover, for that 1 there. what does everyone think about think about the diff twi book series cover, that SM wrote out there?

wiggly I thing the second book cover is pretty. But I must admit that the Twilight cover is my least favourite.

****Kelly***** My least favorite is breaking dawn. I like the twilight book cover because the pop of red in the apple.

message 12: by Rae (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rae Beautiful covers. Really. The books were so repetitive.

message 13: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Keeley wrote: "Beautiful covers. Really. The books were so repetitive."

@Aestas, i would think so to as well. i mean just by the diff covers that from the twi book series, that was made by SM, i think she did quite the job of making the diff covers, that fro those books that there..

wiggly yeah.

wiggly I still love the books tho

message 16: by Dominique (new)

Dominique I learned on Wikipedia that Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream was also an inspiration for the series. It's a shame that HarperTeen didn't give this play the same treatment, and went with Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility instead. But I guess it's because Midsummer isn't really a romance (though I'm not sure, since I've never read or seen it - sadly) like the rest.

message 17: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Dominique wrote: "I learned on Wikipedia that Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream was also an inspiration for the series. It's a shame that HarperTeen didn't give this play the same treatment, and went with Jane..."

well that is really intersting there, i didnt know that there.@Aestas when u read the twi books series that from SM, that did u think about the book covers and the books that there? what everyone think about all the twi books that was written and when it came out?