What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > You know those alpha brooding hero types? Well Im looking for alpha brooding heroines

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rae (new)

Rae | 258 comments Hey there, I am looking for books with bad ass heroines who are like the typical alpha heroes normally featured in romance novels. It would be great to get recs of heroines in law enforcement and/or snipers and assasins.. Thanks in advance.

message 2: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments Marge Piercy novel "Vida" has a pretty bad ass heroine.

Anya is another alpha female novel you might enjoy.

message 3: by Rae (new)

Rae | 258 comments Laurie wrote: "Marge Piercy novel "Vida" has a pretty bad ass heroine.

Anya is another alpha female novel you might enjoy."

Thanks for the recs Laurie

message 4: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments You're welcome Rae, I hope this helps.

message 5: by Anna (new)

message 6: by Rae (new)

Rae | 258 comments Anna wrote: "Perdition (Dred Chronicles, #1) by Ann AguirrePerdition sci-fi
Forbidden Forest (The Legends of Regia, #1) by Tenaya JayneForbidden Forest fantasy"

Thanks for the recs

message 7: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 234 comments Kate, in the Kate Daniels series, is moody at times and she is definitely badass (she has a saber called slayer) and is sort of a hired mercenary, although her job changes a bit. Another thing I like about the series is that the heroine doesn't let the alpha male hero of the series, Curran, who is also the Beast Lord (top shifter), push her around and their dominance battles are funny and hot at times. Their romance is a slow build; I don't think they really get together until the end of the second book, maybe third.

I recommend it.

message 8: by Salome (new)

Salome | 9 comments I agree with Carissa. Check out the Kate Daniels series Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

message 9: by Rae (new)

Rae | 258 comments Thanks! Ill be sure to check this out

message 10: by Amy (Other Amy) (last edited Mar 07, 2016 03:12PM) (new)

Amy (Other Amy) | 162 comments October Daye (first book in the series is Rosemary and Rue ) is my go-to brooding heroine.