Sword & Sorcery: "An earthier sort of fantasy" discussion

Sword & Sorcery in other media > Red Sonja MA-TV

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.E., Gray Mouser (new)

S.E. Lindberg (selindberg) | 2183 comments Mod
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/0...

Reports of a Red Sonja series for TV is circulating.

message 2: by Ashe (new)

Ashe Armstrong (ashearmstrong) | 205 comments I'll be interested in seeing more concrete details.

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan (TheGreatBeast) | 213 comments Can't view the link at work. But I'm down. Can't have enough S&S TV series, though I wonder how much viewership it would garner...

message 4: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 787 comments Looks like someone is trying to generate interest, since they don't even have a network for it yet. Might not even have pitched it to any networks yet.

message 5: by Dan (new)

Dan (TheGreatBeast) | 213 comments I'm not sure what I would want of this... It might be fun to have something Raimi produced like the Spartacus series or to a lesser extent Legend of the Keeper (and Hercules and Xena too), a bit cheesy, but action packed, violent and sexual. Or something more serious like A Game of Thrones or The Last Kingdom.

message 6: by Martin (new)

Martin Christopher | 67 comments I have to say I am extremely doubtful about this. I very much expect it to be awful and canceled after 8 episodes. I just don't see how current TV could make anything good out of that material.
But then, I applaud the attempt. Better try and crash and perhaps keeping producers away from the genre for another 10 years than not trying at all.