Harry Potter discussion

Questions > James Potter books Series

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna | 8 comments I've just stumbled across the fact that an American Author has written a series of books about Harrys first son. Firstly has anyone read these? and were they any good? Part of me wants to read them and another part thinks I shouldn't as it feels wrong for an Author to use another's characters. I did look for threads regarding these books but couldn't find any so I apologise if this topic has already been covered.

message 2: by Weatherby (new)

Weatherby I generally don't like fan fiction because the characters never behave the way they do in the original books. But I enjoyed this series of books because none of the characters has appeared before in the actual Harry Potter series. We get to visit familiar places like Hogwarts and new, exciting places like a wizarding school in the USA. We get to see people playing quidditch and also a new sport whose name I forget. It's like a new story set in the same world, and it doesn't contradict any of the original Harry Potter books. Go for it!

message 3: by Weatherby (new)

Weatherby Take a look at James Potter (series...) for a similar thread.

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna | 8 comments Thanks for taking the time to post. So relieved he doesn't try to replicate the characters, I was worried reading this series would ruin the original for me. Ive tried to find the series on amazon with no luck. I'll have to do a bit more searching when I get five minutes.

message 5: by Weatherby (new)

Weatherby I don't know if the books are there on Amazon, but you can find them for free on the author's website: http://www.jamespotterseries.com/inde...

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna | 8 comments brilliant, thanks I'll take a look.

message 7: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (abooknut) | 42 comments Its been years but I did read the first two books in the series. I was just thinking the other day I should re-read them and read the two I didn’t read. For the most part the Author tries to stay as true to cannon material from HP series as possible but adding his own characters and things to the world. There are times he’s made mistakes but if I recall it’s not a ton and obviously there was some information we know now that wasn’t known when he wrote the books (such as the American school)

You will not find these books on amazon they cannot be sold for a profit because they are fan-fiction. I do know there were some people that paid to have the books bond into book form but you can read all the books on the website. I think they are good but you just have to remember they are fan-fiction.

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna | 8 comments Thanks. Most people have been very positive about this series. I will definitely give them a go.