First Two Sentences discussion

Book starters, post first or first two sentences here

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron (last edited Mar 06, 2016 04:16PM) (new)

Aaron Rockwell (aaronwrockwell) | 1 comments Mod
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

Pride and Prejudice, By: Jane Austen

message 2: by Lenita (last edited Mar 06, 2016 05:40PM) (new)

Lenita Sheridan | 1 comments In the kingdom of Harroway in the year three-hundred-and-eight of the second sun there lived two sisters, Camari and Mila. Camari was twelve and had tawny hair and large brown eyes like those of a young doe.

Guardian of the Gauntlet, By: Lenita Sheridan

message 3: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Skendrovich | 2 comments He’d been summoned, summoned for an audience with the Commandant. No pirate ignored a summons, especially if the Commandant of the Confederation of Pirates happened to be your father.

The Pirate's Bride By: Cathy Skendrovich

message 4: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 1 comments "Ten little soldier boys went out to dine; One choked his little self and then there were nine. Nine little soldier boys sat up very late; One overslept himself and then there was eight."

I'll give you one guess as to the book I am reading ☺ ☺

message 5: by Ica (new)

Ica Iova | 6 comments Any given day that Johanna White did not have to interact with Detective Louis White, her ex-husband, or Melinda Morton, his douchebag lawyer, was a good day in her book. By that rule, the past two weeks had been full of good ones.

Resilience (book 2) By Ica Iova

message 6: by Ica (new)

Ica Iova | 6 comments A late afternoon sun oozed into the tiny kitchen, adding to the colors, smells, and sounds of a fast-approaching spring in Vancouver. Gabriela Parson smiled, swiped a finger over her cheesecake frosting and popped it into her mouth, humming, as she savored it.

Boundaries by Ica Iova

message 7: by Ica (new)

Ica Iova | 6 comments Homo-Sapiens—the species of bipedal primates to which modern humans belong, characterized by a larger and well-developed brain capacity…
Bullshit! Olivia ripped the sheet out of her spiral notebook, crumpled the piece of paper into a ball and threw it in the trash on top of about twenty others.

She Never Got To Say Goodbye by Ica Iova

message 8: by Ica (new)

Ica Iova | 6 comments I felt pleased and troubled in the same breath. My own image—aged image—gazed back at me from the mirror.

Unsung Victims (book 1) by Ica Iova

message 9: by Ica (new)

Ica Iova | 6 comments Daddy would never do this to me. Never. The thought buzzed in Kylee Sidhu’s head like a swarm of wasps.

Unbullied by Alexa and Angel Dumas

message 10: by Ica (new)

Ica Iova | 6 comments Sofia reached and gently massaged the back of her neck. Were her nightmares just nightmares or were they more?

Whispers by Ica Iova

message 11: by Sheena (new)

Sheena Baker | 1 comments They say that life, our existence, contains more unknown than known. That must mean that in death we find out what the rest of the unknown is.

I Am Haunted Living Life Through The Dead, By: Zak Bagans

message 12: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Skendrovich | 2 comments C’mon, Luce, it’ll be fun; a girls-only weekend. We can do manicures, pedicures, take walks along the lake, and dish about men.

Prisoner of Love, by Cathy Skendrovich

message 13: by shadowkissed (new)

shadowkissed heartrender (fireheartlunar) | 1 comments "Shadow Market nights were Kit's favorite. They were the nights he was allowed to leave the house and help his father at the booth."

The Dark Artifices #1: Lady Midnight, by Cassandra Clare

message 14: by Raúl (new)

Raúl Gilo | 1 comments "This is not a tale, nor an invented story, since it happened as it was, and condemned me since that time, forcing me to tell it, share it and even he talks to me.

I met him a night of heavy rain and cold, the doors of hell, or of heaven, had opened, and the air whistled to stun..."

message 15: by Reader (new)

Reader (yourmomchoselife) | 1 comments "Better you hear the bad news from me than from someone else like Hotspur: You are in serious trouble. Your client has not only embraced our Competitor's enterprise but also had become involved in one of their local business units."

flambeau@darkcorp.com - By: Don Hawkins