Beta Reader Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (last edited May 28, 2016 11:06PM) (new)

Kim  Daniels | 10 comments Not available at this time.

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Weil Kim, email you thanks

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim  Daniels | 10 comments Thank you to those that have sent me inquiries! I’m looking forward to getting started.

message 4: by Ariel (new)

Ariel | 15 comments I am curious if Fantasy something you are interested in?

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim  Daniels | 10 comments Yes Ariel, absolutely.

message 6: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Ekeke (ccekeke) | 19 comments Hi Kim. Just emailed you. Thanks!

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim  Daniels | 10 comments At this moment if the authors I’ve responded to do send me their manuscripts I’m currently booked for March.

message 8: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Morris | 19 comments I was wondering if my book would be interested in taking on.
-Non-Fiction Paranormal Memoir, titled : 'Me MyGhost and I'
(my 24 year odyssey with my Green Man Ghost.)

About 'Me MyGhost and I'

Everyone has that one special person in their life who’s influence and guidance profoundly altered their direction and future. But what if that ‘Special Someone’ was a Ghost?

My dad didn’t believe in anything he could not see, touch, taste or smell. If he didn’t experience it, it didn’t exist. So at the age of four we moved into a house that we were told was haunted, -but just didn’t believe it. It didn’t take long to witness the fasted conversion I have ever seen in my life.

That was also the beginning of my 24 year odyssey with My Green Man, which not only challenged my inherited beliefs of what is and is not possible in this world, but changed the course of both of our destinies as well. I truly believe that I would not be here today, if not for My Green Man.

'Me MyGhost and I' is not just a ghost story, but one of redemption, guardianship, and friendship. The friendship between a particularly nasty ghost and a strong willed little girl, -me, and the many perils he saved me from.

But mostly it is a story that shows even if we think it has to be, it is never too late to change, grow and even redeem ourselves. Some may not believe in all this ‘supernatural stuff’, but an open mind can change your life, and even save it. Or so I have found.

If you are interested in reading my memoir, I will start with the first 4 chapters, and if you are still interested we can take it from there.

Thank you for your time,
Lyn

message 9: by Kim (new)

Kim  Daniels | 10 comments Lyn, I absolutely love ghost stories so yes, I would most definitely be interested. Thank you for contacting me!

message 10: by V (new)

V Valdes (vvaldes) | 50 comments Hi Kim, I can imagine you're very busy. Is Ya fantasy something that holds your interest? Here's a description:

Karina’s one of the Changed now— an evolved freak of nature with the ability to control the elements. It’d be awesome if she didn’t have a brutal king breathing down her neck or his Sergeant creeping into her heart.

When Karina Delane’s elemental powers decide they’ve been caged long enough, her abilities are revealed, and a friend nearly killed in the outburst. Branded a monster by the humans, Karina is then exiled to the kingdom of Vincam. There she comes across weather-wielding Sergeant Caleda, who’s almost as stubborn as she is. They’re constantly at each other’s throats— unsure if it’s a blade or their hearts that keep clashing.

Despite Caleda’s loyalty to a King who governs with fear and cruelty, Caleda warns Karina to keep the extent of her powers secret. With her ability to manipulate air, the King is already eager to forge her into the ultimate weapon for his arsenal of deadly Elites. From what she's seen in the kingdom-- witnessing her friends suffer under the King's rulings, it's not a job she'll accept willingly. If the King wants a weapon, he'll have to deal with a double-edged sword.

But Karina has gone beyond an asset, with her power to control all of the elements, she’s marked a threat. Contemplating an alliance with rebels, Karina must end his reign before the King ends her life.

Thank you! My email is valdes.vanessa2330@gmail.com

message 11: by Kim (new)

Kim  Daniels | 10 comments Vanessa, sent you an email. Thanks!

message 12: by Amara (new)

Amara | 3 comments Hi Kim, can't see your email address

message 13: by Kim (new)

Kim  Daniels | 10 comments Amara, thank you! I had not noticed half of my original message disappeared.

message 14: by Amara (new)

Amara | 3 comments So please send your email. I'm looking for a beta read for my work. My email is nafty.am@gmail.com

message 15: by S. (new)

S. McPherson (smcphersonbooks) | 14 comments Hi Kim,

I have just e-mailed you regarding my upcoming YA, Fantasy series about an ordinary girl who has to face extraordinary demons in this world and another. I look forward to hearing from you :)

message 16: by Randy (new)

Randy Smith | 68 comments Hello Kim, I've emailed you my novel and a synopsis. I hope you're interested in helping me with this writing.
Randy

message 17: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Atrianty | 19 comments Hi Kim, I just sent you an email. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

message 18: by Kim (new)

Kim  Daniels | 10 comments I am impressed with the level of talent I have come across in the manuscripts I have read so far. Beta Reading has been a joy. Currently I have 11 more manuscripts I'm committed to and 3 more that are pending. Any new requests I won't be able to schedule until May. If you want to be added I'm happy to add you otherwise I'll start a new post when I am caught up. Thank you!!!

message 19: by Dareia (last edited Apr 01, 2016 07:51AM) (new)

Dareia | 9 comments Hi Kim,

I was wondering if you'd be interested in taking a look at the first couple of chapters of my YA story. It's an idea I've been nursing for over a decade and finally, was brave enough to start putting it down on "paper". I was thinking of sending you the first two chapters to start with (I'm constantly working on it), those are around 23k words.
Like I said, I'm in the middle of working on the story so I'm in no hurry. I might add English isn't my first language.

Summary: Léda Rose lived in a nunnary but her life was avarage, filled with friends and parties until the day she was attacked. After the night when she nearly died the man who saved her earlier frames her with murder and takes her away to a hidden headquarter, claiming that she's half angel. Léda thinks that it couldn't get worse than being dragged away from her life, from caffeine, or sugar but the more time she spends with trying to get out, the deeper she gets in this world, the closer she gets to a secret not only her but no one is ready for.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Szandra

My email: szandra.vadasznagy@hotmail.com

message 20: by Kim (last edited Apr 01, 2016 01:00PM) (new)

Kim  Daniels | 10 comments Szandra,

Sending you an email

Thanks!
Kim

message 21: by Derek (new)

Derek | 45 comments Hi Kim! Would you be available to beta read my novel? Below is a blurb of the story.

Andrew Kirshner had worked for months perfecting his hypnotherapy research for the university grant committee, and all that preparation came down to not having real world results. The board wants more, and an old friend may have just what he’s looking for, a patient with such a strange case that could push the boundaries of hypnotherapy. When this patient reveals a secret that threatens Andrew’s marriage, he begins to question whether it’s worth it. And now the problems have gone past secrets and into real physical danger, and not just for him.

message 22: by Kim (new)

Kim  Daniels | 10 comments Hi Derek,

I'm sorry I'm not taking anymore until June. I booked myself pretty heavily until then. Your manuscript sounds interesting though! I'll repost when I have openings again. I'm sorry!

message 23: by Derek (new)

Derek | 45 comments Not a problem! Thanks for replying. I'll be sure to check back in June, thank you!

message 24: by Polly (new)

Polly Zetterberg | 75 comments Greetings Derek-
I am interested in reading your ms. Hypnotherapy sounds like an interesting platform to start a story.
Please see my website for more about my approach to words an writing, and contact me if you want to continue.
http://www.zetterbergediting.com/

Thanks,
Polly