The Party Journal!! discussion

General > Book Talk!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by SmilingDork (new)

SmilingDork | 2519 comments Mod
Just a folder to talk about books. Like books you are buying, books you are looking forward to, and just anything books.

message 2: by SmilingDork (new)

So I am SO EXCITED cause mom is letting me buy some books on the first of April. I have at least six books I want to buy of my Kindle and I hope I can buy them all.

message 3: by Saarah (new)

Saarah | 1899 comments Mod
I bought Legend, Infinity, Invincible, Cinder, Scarlet, Shadow and Bone, Tiger Lily, Dorothy Must Die, and 5 calvin and hobbes books for my last b-day :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I buy books at Yard Sales. Older ones to be exactly and some newer ones.

message 5: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

Ravanna Dee (ravannadee) | 2989 comments Mod
My birthday is next Monday, and I'll be getting birthday money, so hopefully I will be able to get some great new books also. Any suggestions?

message 6: by Saarah (new)

I have sooo many suggestions. first off, Dorothy Must Die, infinity, the young elites, and half-blood. those are some of my alltime fav books. you HAVE to read them. if you haven't already of course :)

message 7: by SmilingDork (new)

Same as Sarah! Plenty of Suggestions!

message 8: by SmilingDork (new)

So I think I will get........

Ignite and Endure (#2 #3 books of Defy)

Yellow Brick War (#3 of Dorothy Must Die)

Pure (#2 of The Covenant)

Figment (#2 of Mad in Wonderland)

And I have one more that I desperately want to buy but can't remember.

message 9: by SmilingDork (new)

Ravanna you DEFINITELY NEED to get Dorothy Must Die!

message 10: by Saarah (new)

have you read pure yet?

message 11: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

NO! I know Smiles! I REALLY want to read that one. You know what? I'm going to order it form the Library right now! Dorthy must die, here I come! I also have the Night Circus on hold!!!! Yay!!!!

message 12: by SmilingDork (new)

No but I want too!!!! I want to...... NO NEED the rest of the Covenant series!!!!!!!! Same with the Insanity Series!!!!!

message 13: by SmilingDork (new)

Good Ravanna! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVEN'T READ NIGHT CIRCUS YET!!!!!!!!!! One of My ABSOLUTE favorite book!!!! SO GLAD I HAVE IT!!!!!

message 14: by Saarah (new)

I can't believe you haven't read the rest of the covenant series smiley!!!!! hurry up, so we can fangirl ;))) especially over seth.

message 15: by SmilingDork (new)

I will!!! If I don't get the second book on the first then I will look for it in the library.

message 16: by Saarah (new)

I would definitely recommend to read it in paper form. although I recommend that for every book :)

message 17: by SmilingDork (new)

Lol! I would but I already bought the first book on the Kindle and I HATE having a series bought in one form and not finishing it out in the same form. I almost would rather not buy or read the rest of the book.

message 18: by Saarah (new)

oh I guess then you should read them on kindle. or maybe start the series over? but I dunno, as long as you read it, I'm happy :P
I definitely have to read the young elites again though :( I hate not remembering small details. I also think i'm going to re-read throne of glass and red queen before I read the books after them.

message 19: by SmilingDork (new)

Once I start the next book the little details I forgot I remember through the second book. And get to it!!! I am already more then half way done with Rose Society and I NEED someone to talk about it with!!!! So much is happening!!!!! And possibly a new love for our hero who is slowing becoming a anti hero!!!

message 20: by Saarah (new)

I tried, but every time I open the book I feel like screaming from excitement. I just can't :" I should get a grip though
NO!! she doesn't end up with Enzo??? actually nevermind don't tell me.
also, I would love for her to become fully evil :) that would be so fun to read.

message 21: by SmilingDork (new)

I had read the last page and flipped through random sections of the book and read passages and I love what is going to happen! She does become evil but it is SO much more than evil. It is something sad and needful and I can't describe it to you until you read the book cause then you will understand. I so badly want to pull her into a hug and give her the comfort she needs. That is why am happy that there might be a new love relationship going on between her and another Elite who is SO awesome. But still ENZO!!!!!!! Oh! And plus you won't believe what they are trying to do to him and how he will be brought back into the story!!!

message 22: by Saarah (new)

you're getting me super hyped up :) but don't tell me any more! I have to read this for myself :))

message 23: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

Gosh, you guys are making me root for characters I've never even heard of. I'VE SERIOUSLY GOT TO READ THIS SERIES!! AHHHH!!!!!!!

message 24: by Saarah (new)

you haven't read the young elites??!!! WHYYYYY!!!????

message 25: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

I'm ordering the series from the library RIGHT NOW!

Also, Night Circus is ready for pick up! Yay!

What a great way to start my day! :P

message 26: by Saarah (new)

good :)

yay!!! night circus was awesome :) hope you like it

message 27: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

So do I!

I'm so looking forward to this months book list. I've got so many new ones to read! *Happy squeal* XD

message 28: by SmilingDork (new)

RAVANNA!!!! I THOUGHT YOU READ YOUNG ELITES!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!!! OMG RAVANNA!!!!!! I THOUGHT YOU DID!!!!!!!!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG I read The Young Elites, and I started The Rose Society today!

message 30: by Saarah (new)

really??!! nice :) I honestly can't wait to start it :)

message 31: by SmilingDork (new)

I was hoping to finish it today but I was too tired but I am on the last thirty pages so I might finish it tomorrow before school. OMG!!!! I am LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~

Can't wait to hear what you think of is Aurlis!

message 32: by SmilingDork (new)

Bad Auto correct!!! Aurelis*

message 33: by SmilingDork (new)

third time is the charm! Behave auto correct! *Aurelius!

message 34: by Saarah (new)

don't tell us any more!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE SPOILERS!

message 36: by Saarah (new)

I hate them :) possibly the worst thing ever for me

message 37: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (last edited Mar 08, 2016 09:05AM) (new)

Saarah wrote: "I hate them :) possibly the worst thing ever for me"

Hahahaha....I'm Switzerland. Sometimes I love them, other times, they just ruin everything. :D
Or I just like a half of a spoiler just so that i'm intrigued a little.(That probably doesn't make sense)

But I always try to keep them out of things for respect of others. Or put them in Spoiler captions.

message 38: by SmilingDork (new)

Oh! I love spoilers cause then I try go spot when they are put in place but I never do catch them.

I'll refrain from anymore spoilers just for you guys BUT I finished the book and OMG!!!! YOU GUYS MUST READ IT!!!!!! I GOT TOO MUCH FEELS AFTER THAT ENDING!!!!! I was grinning like a mad fool after I finished it and I was in the library when if was most crowded and my music blaring but yeah I was grinning like a mad fool and when I went go turn in the book I skipped up and hugged the book tight.

message 39: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 08, 2016 04:06PM) (new)

Reading The Rose Society (not too far in, just found out who Magiano is) and I'd just like to say I really wanted Adelina to be a heroine at first but I've come to enjoy the fact that she has a dark side. I just worry for Violetta, because her sister may be overcome by all that darkness and then who will she have?

(If this makes you think of any spoilers, don't tell me or I'll cry, with books like this one I like to have the complete suspense)

message 40: by SmilingDork (new)

Okay but I waiting to hear what you think!!! Trust me the ending will have to swept to the stars!!!!!!

message 41: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (last edited Mar 16, 2016 07:35AM) (new)

Okay, so I just finished The Young Elites. (Well, actually I finished it yesterday morning...) Anyway it was so different from what I usually read, and AMAZING! I've always wondered what it would be like to hear from the villains side. I even found myself cheering for her at one moment. (Okay so technically I cheered for her more then once) I'm kinda sad about Enzo, but the way the book ended was quite intriguing.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should read The Night Circus next, or Dorthy must die.

What do you girls think?

message 42: by SmilingDork (new)

Grrrrr!!!!! Such a hard choice!!!!! I love both those books SO much.... hhhmmmmm...... Dorothy Must die is my vote

message 43: by Saarah (new)

dorothy must die :)

message 44: by Saarah (new)

guys! I think you know, but I was sick so yesterday I read both the young elites (again) and The Rose Society!!! oh gosh I don't want to wait for the next book :' but I'm gonna go read six of crows today!! hope it's good :)

message 45: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

Okay, so I'm starting Dorthy must Die!

Now that i've read the first book to the Young Elites series, I MUST get the second one. HOW COULD IT END LIKE THAT!

P.S. Darn it! I just spilled tea all over me! Grrrr

message 46: by Saarah (new)

yes!!! I hope you love it :)))

wasn't it so amazing?!?!

message 47: by Ravanna Dee, Top Mod (new)

It was!

message 48: by Saarah (new)

told ya ;) it's gonna suck after you read the rose society though. 'cause we have to wait sooo long till the next book :'(

message 49: by Saarah (new)

do you like dorothy must die so far?

message 50: by SmilingDork (new)

I know!!!!!! I am dying from the wait!!!!!

« previous 1 3