Queen Maas' Assassins discussion

ACOTAR #2: ACOMAF > ACOMAF ~ Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 425 (425 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Danielle (last edited Mar 06, 2016 09:10AM) (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments Hey guys, ICYMI, there's a pre-order incentive for ACOMAF: http://worldofsarahjmaas.com/post/139...

AAAAANDDDD
if you order via Target, there will be bonus scenes http://worldofsarahjmaas.com/post/140...

:D

message 2: by Giada (new)

Giada http://worldofsarahjmaas.com/post/140...

Read the snippet on the cover..!

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane (mystifiedswift) Giada, that's awesome! At this rate, we're all gonna die from the anticipation...

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlacey) | 13 comments Omg!!!

message 5: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 97 comments Omg the excerpt was amazing. I am gonna die of waiting from waiting for the book.

Rachel (Royal_Reading_Company) | 128 comments Hey guys! There's an excerpt of ACOMAF up on ew.com // the link is posted on the throne of glass Facebook page!

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 86 comments Do u have a link?

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments I kept scrolling for more... but there was none.

message 10: by Giada (new)

Giada Ok if these are the premises, every Tamlin shipper including me will be damned. They don't speak each other.. I don't see their relationship in good health anymore.,,. Damn it! We'll see but I don't have many hopes

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Sunga (amelsunga) | 17 comments Whaaaaaaat. I should not have read that excerpt.

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Sunga (amelsunga) | 17 comments I ship them so baaaaad, but those few sentences seem like they were pretending to be okay. Well of course what happened with Amarantha was very traumatic. But huhu.

message 13: by Alia (new)

Alia | 76 comments Wow so yesterday I went to Sarah's book signing and I'm still a little starstruck! I can't believe I got to meet her but anyway she mentioned that ACOMAF is as thick as QoS so I'm super excited for that

message 14: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 97 comments @Alia That's awesome!

message 15: by Birjis (new)

Birjis Afroz  | 122 comments Where can I read the excerpt? Ah the wifi here is shit. I have to wait forever for everything.

message 16: by Birjis (new)

Birjis Afroz  | 122 comments Where can I read the excerpt? Ah the wifi here is shit. I have to wait forever for everything.

message 17: by Birjis (new)

message 18: by Birjis (new)

Birjis Afroz  | 122 comments Sorry about for repeating the same comment. Like I said, the internet is bad.

message 20: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 97 comments In the excerpt it said that even though Feyre was awoken by nightmares, Tamlin didn't do anything to comfort her. I don't believe he just slept through it so why wouldn't he get up and comfort her?

message 21: by Megan (new)

Megan Cheang | 142 comments Ooh, I wish we had more excerpts. Preferably when we finally get to the wedding!!! Right now we have the various synopsis and I am assuming the first chapter, oh and some quotes. Am I missing anything?
ACOMAF cannot get here soon enough! :)

message 22: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (ravenandthehawk) | 387 comments I need more of this book, I remembered I how much I like it.

message 23: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 97 comments @Megan What if Rhysand interrupts the wedding, taking her to the Night Court?

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan Cheang | 142 comments Xoxoasia wrote: "@Megan What if Rhysand interrupts the wedding, taking her to the Night Court?"

Oh that is definitely expected from the synopsis.

message 26: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 97 comments @Giada The real question is who is it talking about, Rhysand or Tamlin?

message 27: by Megan (new)

Megan Cheang | 142 comments If it were Rhys, I would say his power had been let loose in an emotional kiss. If it were Tamlin, the Stars falling could be a silent interpretation of Rhys unhappiness?

message 28: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (ravenandthehawk) | 387 comments O_O

message 29: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (bookblubbs) | 116 comments Has to be Rhys. I'm pretty sure the spark that was between Tamlin and Feyre has died out

message 30: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 97 comments @Sandra I love Tamlin, but I feel that you're right. Even though Feyre went through the whole ordeal with Amarantha, she spent time away from Tamlin. In that time she got "closer" to Rhys.

message 31: by Liv (new)

Liv Whyte (livwhyte) | 3 comments No! I love Tamlin and Feyre as a couple there perfect for eachother. I love Rhys but I don't think that Maas would end up making him with Feyre cause the whole first book was about tamilin and feyres relationship and it was just to 'deep' to mix it up if you get what I mean

message 32: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 7 comments Honestly I don't know how to feel about Feyre with Rhys or Tam. I feel like she would fit with either. I do see @Liv point though. It is logical that Feyre would stay with Tam. But then again we all know Sarah J. Maas, and is she really gonna keep everyone happy with each other.

message 33: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 7 comments I feel like Maas is just gonna go: " Hmm, Feyre and Tamlin are really happy together. Let's tear them apart!" Also I am kinda liking Rhys and Feyre together, but I have no idea if it will actually happen.

message 34: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments Olivia wrote: "Honestly I don't know how to feel about Feyre with Rhys or Tam. I feel like she would fit with either. I do see @Liv point though. It is logical that Feyre would stay with Tam. But then again we al..."

I'm actually expecting another dude to come in the story and marry Feyre. hahahaha

message 35: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 86 comments I could see that happening @Danielle!! Just like in ToG everyone thought it was between Dorian and Chaol and then Rowan swoops in!

message 36: by MJ (new)

MJ | 10 comments I think Feyre's ACOTAR journey was less about her and Tamlin's relationship and more about HER journey. As shown in Heir of Fire, Sarah J. Maas never really develops a relationship by itself. She uses the character's romantic bonds to spur them along in their journey and strengthen each other. The relationship that prevails is the one in which both partners can help each other in their troubles. Meaning, it's more about the character development than the relationship itself. The relationship is just an effect of the character development. As seen in the excerpt, it doesn't seem like Tamlin and Feyre are able to help each other like that right now. They have reached a low that they are both stuck in, not knowing how to help each other. That is why I think Feyre and Rhysand have a chance. They are both traumatized and they can communicate with each other, which could set them up for character development that uses romance as added support. Tamlin can't communicate with Feyre and doesn't really take action, so I think he will be left to either sort out his own problems or find someone else to help him along the way. Or maybe I just ship Feysand too much and am completely wrong about this. Who knows.

By the way, I know with Queen of Shadows people were able to read parts of it on Amazon or something before the release date. Could this happen with ACOMAF? I am so desperate for this book I would take anything at this point. *hides face in shame*

message 37: by MillieS02 (new)

MillieS02 | 112 comments MJ wrote: "I think Feyre's ACOTAR journey was less about her and Tamlin's relationship and more about HER journey. As shown in Heir of Fire, Sarah J. Maas never really develops a relationship by itself. She u..."
I agree, but also ACOMAF will have a Persephone/Hades turn to it so I think the book would mostly be about Rhysand and Feyre. Also, Persephone is the goddess of Springtime. Coincidence? So I think she would go back to Tamlin in the end of the book, however I am not so sure in the third book to come :)

message 38: by Noris (new)

Noris | 574 comments I don´t feel like Tam and Fayre´s relationship is that strong. I mean -don´t get me wrong I DO like Tam -but Feyre is was he needed to save his court, it was such a damn good thing that in the way, he could develop real feelings for her. And I´m not sure Feyre is in loved with Tam (not close to be her mate, either). Ok, she´s done too much for him, but in the end... she save a continent too. Perhaps she´s just astonished cause Tam is the first hot like hell and sweet like a chocolate she has had the luck to meet. She´s young. It´s easy to confuse the feelings.

message 39: by MillieS02 (new)

MillieS02 | 112 comments Noris wrote: "I don´t feel like Tam and Fayre´s relationship is that strong. I mean -don´t get me wrong I DO like Tam -but Feyre is was he needed to save his court, it was such a damn good thing that in the way,..."

Yes, but Tamlin also gave her freedom and an art room. Something her sisters and parents could have never given her. He was also so caring towards her and thats why he told Feyre to stay away from the Fairy Sex Party. However, I have a thing for bad guys and maybe so does Feyre. I mean, I can't wait to see who she "loves" next. Either way, It would be interesting. Maybe after ACOMAF comes out I will have a more of a straighter vision for the third book?

Btw, are you pre ordering the book? I am, and nobody I know is xD

message 41: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (TigeroftheTowerGuard) | 356 comments I'm more into Sara's other series than this one but I'll probably read ACoMaF at some point.

"Curiosity killed the cat..." :D

message 42: by MillieS02 (new)

MillieS02 | 112 comments Giada wrote: "New teaser: http://worldofsarahjmaas.com/post/141..."

SO DAMN EXCITED

message 43: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 97 comments Loved it but why can't the book be out already?

message 44: by MillieS02 (new)

MillieS02 | 112 comments Xoxoasia wrote: "Loved it but why can't the book be out already?"

Shes just finished writing ACOMAF, and now she'll start writing Empire of Storms! Good books take a long time, Cassandra Clare's imortal instruments were sometimes 2 YEARS apart!

message 45: by Kirti (new)

Kirti  (kingcobra88) I just found that the ACOTAR and the TOG (almost) series are based on different European/Celtic faerie myths. Also, Tamlin was an actual legend! He had to be rescued from the Queen of Fairies.
I found another myth about how someone's wife was dragged to the underworld by a fae or some thing like that.
(Maybe ACOMAF is based on that and myth of hades and persephone?)

message 46: by MillieS02 (new)

MillieS02 | 112 comments King Cobra wrote: "I just found that the ACOTAR and the TOG (almost) series are based on different European/Celtic faerie myths. Also, Tamlin was an actual legend! He had to be rescued from the Queen of Fairies.
I f..."

Yes. Sarah J mass said Tamlin was because of Tamlin the myth, and ACOMAF is based on Hades/Persephone like ACOTAR was Sleeping Beauty.

message 47: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Wasn't ACOTAR Beauty and the Beast?

message 48: by MillieS02 (new)

MillieS02 | 112 comments Lexie wrote: "Wasn't ACOTAR Beauty and the Beast?"

OMG IM AN IDIOT HOLY SHIT I MEANT BEAUTY AND THE BEST OMGGGGGGG
WAIT THIS MIGHT BE A SIGN, WHAT IF BOOK 3 IS SLEEPING BEAUTY!!!:!!

message 49: by Noris (new)

Noris | 574 comments Beauty and the Beast... Hades and Persephone... yeah. Considering that Sarah inspired on Cinderella for ToG... The Sleeping Beauty could be a high possibility.

message 50: by Megan (new)

Megan Cheang | 142 comments I don't think so. :( much as I love the tale of Sleeping Beauty, it isn't exactly a tale where Feyre could do much as a fighter is it? I am more in favor of Cupid and Psyche.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9