All About YA discussion

Archives > March Wrap Up!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by These Violent Delights (last edited Mar 23, 2016 07:57AM) (new)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1232 comments Mod
What have you read this month? Any new favorites? Any books that really let you down? Let us know here!

Read:

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi The Queen (The Selection, #0.4) by Kiera Cass Facsimile (Facsimile, #1) by Vicki L. Weavil

message 2: by Audryaunna (new)

Audryaunna | 119 comments So far I have read Landline, Hero, and read two books by Kira Adams. I have to say that I enjoyed Landline and the two books by Kira Adams the best. Hero was okay, I am not saying it was a horrible book. I just do not think that I would re-read the book.

message 3: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
Read:

Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer The Leaving Season by Cat Jordan

Reviews can be found on my blog, The Hardcover Lover.

message 4: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 89 comments I've re-read Shadow and Bone so far.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Read:

Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky

message 6: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 388 comments Mod
In March I read:
Machinal by Sophie Treadwell , Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare , The Museum of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman , Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie , and Dada Performance by Mel Gordon
My favorite was Matched

message 7: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
I read five books in March:

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton Wandering Star (Zodiac, #2) by Romina Russell Why You Need a Passport When You're Going to Puke by Mitchell Symons The Horla by Guy de Maupassant

All great books, but I'm still searching for my elusive first 5 star book of this year! :D

message 8: by Tasya (new)

Tasya Dita (giselatasya) | 35 comments I read 7 books last month

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare A Room with a View by E.M. Forster A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller Hai, Miiko! Premium vol. 28 by Ono Eriko

and I'm halfway through Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1) by Colleen Hoover

message 9: by fleur ☆ (new)

fleur ☆ (fleurbooks) | 5 comments I hadn't realised how many books I read in March until now.
Last Month I read:
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3) by Brandon Sanderson Steelheart (Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Firefight (Reckoners #2) by Brandon Sanderson To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown

I loved pretty much all of them (as you can see, most of them are all consecutively read books in a series that I loved). This was a brilliant month for me because I adored pretty much every book that I took out, with the exception of
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs

message 10: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Zoë wrote: "I hadn't realised how many books I read in March until now.
Last Month I read:
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom RiggsThe Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson[bookcover:The Wel..."

Wow, that's a lot of books! Especially with those Brandon Sanderson ones - I've heard his books are super long. What was it that you didn't like about Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children? I think the concept sounds pretty cool but I'm always hearing bad reviews about it so I'm unsure what to make of it really. :)

message 11: by fleur ☆ (new)

fleur ☆ (fleurbooks) | 5 comments Daisy wrote: "Zoë wrote: "I hadn't realised how many books I read in March until now.
Last Month I read:
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom RiggsThe Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson[bookc..."

Yes, they're massive! I just loved them way too much to take a break haha c: I didn't dislike Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, it just seemed to be lacking something. I came out of it feeling unsatisfied, maybe the pictures make us expect a bit more from the writing as well. It also seemed a bit childish at some times, especially considering the age of some of the main characters.

message 12: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Ah, I see. It has had a lot of hype so I can't really see any book living up to that anyway. :)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1232 comments Mod
Great reading month everyone! Lots of great books!

message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments (better late than never)

Read:

Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky Kiss of Broken Glass by Madeleine Kuderick The Siren by Kiera Cass Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1) by Jenny Han The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas Invaded (Alienated, #2) by Melissa Landers Seriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres Skyscraping by Cordelia Jensen Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

I'd say I had a pretty successful reading month; However, I did not love any of these books enough to give them 5 stars. My favorite for the month was probably Salt to the Sea