Play Book Tag discussion

A Thread of Grace
This topic is about A Thread of Grace
February 2016: World War II > A Thread of Grace - Mary Doria Russell - 5 Stars and ♥

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristal (last edited Mar 06, 2016 04:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristal | 35 comments Italy is not a country one would normally associate with the Nazi invasion but it did happen and I am grateful to the author for allowing us a glimpse into this horrific time.

The story starts out with two Jewish families fleeing the Germans and escape into the mountains of Italy. There they find locals who are willing to hide them, to share the few meager pieces of food they themselves have and to offer friendship. Some are willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice for a person they don't even know.

There are many characters in this story and some play more than one role, but like any good spy story, one must be able to blend in to secure the valuable information that will help them achieve their mission.

I absolutely loved this book. It made me feel hope for mankind, it made me smile, it made me cry.

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2053 comments This sounds good. Thanks for the review (and for adding to my TBR!).

Anita Pomerantz | 6259 comments Dang, this one is on the PBT top 100, and somehow I didn't realize it fit the WWII tag, or I might have tried to squeeze it in.

Glad to see how much you loved it. I hope to read all of the PBT Top 100 Fiction selections so eventually, I'll get to it.

Jgrace | 2715 comments I'm so glad you liked this one. It was my introduction to Mary Doria Russell. I still think it's my favorite of all her books.

Elizabeth (Alaska) I agree this was excellent. And, like Jgrace, it was my introduction to Mary Doria Russell. I haven't read any others, but will try to make places for her.

Booknblues | 5358 comments I am a huge fan of Mary Doria Russell and I loved this book. So very moving.

message 7: by Red52 (new)

Red52 Booknblues wrote: "I am a huge fan of Mary Doria Russell and I loved this book. So very moving."

I've loved everything she written

Booknblues | 5358 comments Rina1775 wrote: "Booknblues wrote: "I am a huge fan of Mary Doria Russell and I loved this book. So very moving."

I've loved everything she written"

She is so good. I'm anxiously waiting her next book.

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments Thread of Grace is undoubtedly my favorite by Russell.

message 10: by Barbara M (last edited Mar 20, 2016 04:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2151 comments This is on my TBR, I need to get it to move up! I like Russell's novels.