Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Series of translations

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Coenraad (new)

Coenraad (boekkoper) | 10 comments I've created a series for the Afrikaans translations of the How to train your dragon series by Cressida Cowell. But, because the translations are combined with the English originals, only the English titles display when I add books to the seies. How do I get the Afrikaans titles to display?

The titles in series sequence are:

Hoe om jou draak te tem
Hoe om 'n seerower te wees
Hoe om Drakonees te praat

message 2: by Coenraad (new)

Coenraad (boekkoper) | 10 comments Even if I add books by using the correct ISBNs, only the English titles come up.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments If the series order is same and each Afrikaans book is a translation of corresponding English edition, there need not be an additional series for Afrikaans. You can update the English series description and mention the name of Afrikaans series. Individual Afrikaans titles can have Afrikaans series name in parantheses..

message 4: by Coenraad (new)

Coenraad (boekkoper) | 10 comments I still want to see the Afrikaans titles on a list without having to wade through all the other combined titles. Similarly, I would like to see the Dutch titles on a list, and any other language in its own right. Seems as if a new bit of programming is necessary to make this posdible?

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14171 comments I don't think that is going to happen, since it's against policy. From the librarian manual:

Please do not add a new series for each language the books have been published in, unless the numbering of the books differs from that of the existing series. (https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...)

message 6: by Coenraad (new)

Coenraad (boekkoper) | 10 comments The question remains: Why?

message 7: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14171 comments That is a question for the Feedback Group, or Support.

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 8: by Coenraad (new)

Coenraad (boekkoper) | 10 comments Thanks!