#AYEARATHON discussion

March 2016 - Horror/Suspense > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 1 & 2

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
How's your reading coming along? Did you start you reading early or are you waiting until midnight?

If You started on the Group Read "And Then There Were None" by "Agatha Christie" let us know you're thoughts!
(Non-Spoiler):
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
(SPOILERS):
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I actually started a bit early on And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie , I also finished Deadly Descent by R.G. Porter by R.G. Porterand loved it,.

message 3: by Jake (new)

Jake Kropik (jkjkjk15) Just started my first read! It's a collection of short stories, obviously for a younger audience, called Horowitz Horror. Must say I am not enjoying haha.

message 4: by Heli (new)

Heli | 13 comments Just started my first read, which is Dark Places by Gillian Flynn , am currently on page 12 and it seems very promising from the start!

message 5: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 11 comments Heli wrote: "Just started my first read, which is Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, am currently on page 12 and it seems very promising from the start!"

That was a really interesting read!!!!

message 6: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 11 comments I just started And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie !!!

message 7: by Jake (new)

Jake Kropik (jkjkjk15) Started And Then There were None! Just got to chapter two and all the character introductions.

message 8: by Meneniareads (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 93 comments Day 1: Been reading all day almost. And watched The X-Files (kinda horror-ish/suspense).

Reading: Stephen King: Carrie
Today: 140 pages
Total: 140 pages

message 9: by Yashika (new)

Yashika Ahuja | 9 comments Going to start The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkings.

message 10: by Heli (new)

Heli | 13 comments On page 104 on Gillian Flynn's The Dark Place and enjoying it eventhough it's really dark and heavy.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Had to stop reading, have a bad migraine headache.hopefully I'll be able to read some before going to bed.

message 12: by Mabel (new)

Mabel (friendlvr) Just finished reading On the Day I Die by Candice Fleming, it wasn't scary at all which was really disappointing. When I read that this book had a bunch of scary stories I pictures Scary Stories to tell in the Dark not remakes of stories and ghosts in a cemetery.

message 13: by Jake (new)

Jake Kropik (jkjkjk15) I had an ok reading day today.

Read...
66 pages of Horowitz Horror.
44 Pages of And Then There Were None.
Day 1 total- 100 pages.
Overall total- 100 Pages.

message 14: by Noseinabook (new)

Noseinabook (goodreadscomnoseinabook) | 55 comments Read 144 pages of Martini's & Mayhem. About 50% of the way through. I'll try to finish it by tomorrow.
-- Pages read --
Day 1: 144
Total: 144

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth just finished And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie , so now I got 2 books to go. maybe 3 if I still pick up the audio book of H.P. Lovecraft

message 16: by Shaeron (new)

Shaeron | 39 comments I read 55 pages of The Girl on the Train yesterday.

message 17: by Heli (new)

Heli | 13 comments On page 210 on Gillian Flynn's Dark Places. It's a quick read I think but due to lack of time can't fly through it as quick as I'd like....

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth i'm 291 pages in my The Skin Collector by Jeffery Deaver The Skin Collector and i'm loving it.

message 19: by Meneniareads (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 93 comments Day 2: finished one book, Started a new one.

Finished: Stephen King: Carrie
Currently reading: Ira Levin: Rosemary's Baby
Today: 73 pages
Total: 213 pages

message 20: by Maija (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments I'm currently reading The Seventh Bride by T. Kingfisher The Seventh Bride by T. Kingsfisher (or Ursula Vernon), which is a fairytale retelling, but it's quite chilling since it's a version of Bluebeard of sorts. I'm 43% through.

I haven't started my main pick (The Red Tree) yet, since I want to finish The Seventh Bride and one library book first.

message 21: by Jake (new)

Jake Kropik (jkjkjk15) Day 2:

I read 63 pages of And Then There Were None.
I also read 29 pages of Horowitz Horror.

Day 1 Total: 100 pages.
Day 2 Total: 92 pages.
Overall Total: 192 pages.

Since Horowitz Horror is a short story collection I have it planned to read one a day, one day I'll have to read 2.

I am hoping to finish ATTWN on Thursday so I can begin my final book on my TBR. May also throw in Doubt Vol, 2 if I have time!

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) On Day 2, I finished my first book: The Eye of Minds (The Mortality Doctrine, #1) by James Dashner

I loved it and gave it 5 stars! I recommend it if you're a fan of Ready Player One or Illuminae. Book 2 in the series wasn't on my original TBR but that's what I'm reading now.

message 23: by Clara (new)

Clara | 26 comments I've read 200 pages of my first book, hopefully I can finish it tonight and start another one tomorrow!

message 24: by Noseinabook (new)

Noseinabook (goodreadscomnoseinabook) | 55 comments I finished Murder She Wrote: Martinis and Mayhem and got about 8 pages in to The Mirror Crack'd by Agatha Christie before I fell asleep. Martinis and Mayhem only got 2 stars from me. I love the show, but the book was lacking in suspense. It didn't inspire any strong emotions. Just...blah. I have more hope for this next one. I enjoyed And Then There Were None when I read it, but this is my first Mrs. Marple mystery.
--Pages Read--
Day 2: 103
Total: 247

message 25: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 166 comments Starting off slow but I got 20 pages read between day 1 & 2 but I plan to bounce back and finish Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs by the end of the week since it is pretty small

message 26: by Sofie (new)

Sofie | 26 comments Day one: Read 162 pages of Färjan (The Ferry) by Mats Strandberg. It´s a book about people going on a booze cruise and something sinister is on the boat and people start dying but the don´t stay dead..

Day two: I only read 24 pages of Färjan.

message 27: by Shaeron (new)

Shaeron | 39 comments I read 140 pages of Girl on the Train yesterday.