What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > a nation-on-a-ship (made with petrol barrels) fiction that I read 23 years ago

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vinh (new)

Vinh | 3 comments Hi everyone,

I am not sure if you could help me on this one. I remember reading this book when I was child, the book roughly mentioned a about man or a group of man who voyage a huge ship that is created with petrol barrels (thousands or millions of them). On the ship a micro nation is created or maybe a small city. Law is enforced, the social crisis occurred... I am not sure if this is enough to ring a bell...

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2036 comments There's a sea-faring nation in David Brin's Earth Earth, as I recall.

message 3: by Vinh (new)

Vinh | 3 comments Thank you very much for your input, but it does not look like I one I have read, the one I read is more focus on human civilization, politics and a bit in the 19 century thing...

message 4: by Jai (new)

Jai Baidell Maybe James Blish, the Cities in Flight series? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cities_...

message 5: by Vinh (new)

Vinh | 3 comments This one looks a bit closer ... in terms of year published :) but so sorry to say it does not look like the one I have read.

The micro nation in that story as I can remember is built by linking a lots of petrol barrels together, or some kind of barrels and they cover it with soil to form land and that piece of land float on ocean... the society on that land starts with happy things but then later things got worse...

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Vinh, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Earth (other topics)