You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Tell the Wolves I'm Home
This topic is about Tell the Wolves I'm Home
Buddy Reads > Tell the Wolves I'm Home

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments Some of us are participating in a buddy read of Tell the Wolves I'm Home beginning May 15th . Please join the discussion here. Everyone is welcome.

Sandra (sanlema) | 9170 comments I'm in. Thanks for setting the thread, Kristie.

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments You're welcome, Sandra. Glad you're in.

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Thanks for setting up the thread, Kristie. May 15th is fine with me.

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments I am hoping to join you with this one. This book has been on my TBR for a very long time.

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Cherie wrote: "I am hoping to join you with this one. This book has been on my TBR for a very long time."

Yay, Cherie!

message 7: by Sarah, Moderator (new) - added it

Sarah | 18116 comments For info, the previous griup read discussion for this book can be found at https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Dominique  | 1075 comments I just finished the book this weekend, very good story.

message 9: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments Thanks, Sarah. I didn't even think to look for a previous group read.

message 10: by Kirila (new) - added it

Kirila | 612 comments I am reading it for the association challenge this month! (so a bit early for the buddy read unfortunately)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments Kirila wrote: "I am reading it for the association challenge this month! (so a bit early for the buddy read unfortunately)"

You can still join our discussion, Kirila. ;0)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9170 comments I brought it from the library today. I'm ready to go. :)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments I down-to-earth the ebook from my library tonight. I'm ready.

Sandra (sanlema) | 9170 comments Great, Cherie. I'm really looking forward to reading this book.

message 15: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments Does the 15th still work for everyone?

Sandra (sanlema) | 9170 comments I have a couple of books on the go, but I think I can manage to start on the 15th. That said, if someone need more time, it's also fine withe me. I'll have the book for a long time.

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments Hahaha. I just saw what the spell check did to download in my last post. We are starting the Harry Hole buddy read on the 15th too, but it is up to the rest of you. I can jump back and forth.

message 18: by Lisa (last edited May 11, 2016 08:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments I have another buddy read on the go at the moment too (which I'm not sure I will finish before the 15th) but I should be able to flit between the two. However, if the rest of you want to push the date back a bit, that's fine too.

message 19: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments We're all so indecisive. Haha I will be ready on the 15th, but I can read my Agatha Christie first if you'd all like more time. It doesn't make a difference to me one way or the other.

message 20: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments I started earlier today. I am up to Chapter 17 (page 72).

I have been impressed with what I have read so far. I really like the writing style and the chapters are quite short so it's pretty quick and easy to get through. I have seen it classed as both an adult and a young adult novel but so far, it feels more like an adult novel to me.

(view spoiler)

I think this is going to be a really great book to discuss!

message 21: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments Lisa - I think it is an adult novel and the YA label was put on it accidentally because the MC is young.

re your spoilers: (view spoiler)

I made it to chapter 24 today (view spoiler)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments I just finished chapter 1.
I will make my comments later, after I get to work and a real keyboard. I better read the summary. I have no idea what this book is about.

message 23: by Lisa (last edited May 16, 2016 11:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments I read up to Chapter 36 today.

(view spoiler)

message 24: by Cherie (last edited May 16, 2016 06:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments I just finished chapter 9. I did read the summary. Wierd to be reading another story with a MC called June. So much has been laid down so far. June seems to be a very special person. I thought the stories about her and her sister have been "enlightning". Her walks in the forrest and much of how she feels, remind me a lot about myself at her age. (view spoiler)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments Lisa wrote: "I started earlier today. I am up to Chapter 17 (page 72).

I have been impressed with what I have read so far. I really like the writing style and the chapters are quite short so it's pretty quick ..."

I like the short chapters and the feel of the story.
Re - June (view spoiler)

message 26: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited May 16, 2016 07:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments I got nowhere today! No reading time at all. :(

Cherie - (I'd wait a bit to read this, just in case the part I mention hasn't happened yet. I'm at chapter 24, so if you could read it around then, I'd love your thoughts.) I feel like her (view spoiler)

message 27: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Kristie, (view spoiler)

message 28: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments Lisa, that's what I thought and I wonder if it was intentionally written that way. I thought it was and was curious where she was going with it, but now I'm not sure. Do you think she was just trying to (view spoiler)

message 29: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Kristie, (view spoiler)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments I fell asleep in my chair before I had a chance to read anything last night.

Sandra (sanlema) | 9170 comments Me too, Cherie! I've read only ch 1, but I expect to do some advance tonight.

message 32: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments Lisa wrote: "Kristie, [spoilers removed]"

I thought the same thing. Completely agree. :)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments Slow day at work - waiting for requests/meetings so I got a little reading done. I am in Chapter 21 (view spoiler)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments I just finished Chapter 40.

I am dead tired, but I couldn't stop.

Kristie - I've been thinking about June the whole time. I don't think anything is wrong with her or her feelings for her Uncle. The whole story is so sad. About Danni and and Finn and the girls and every thing that has happened and there is still 44 % of the story left. I don't understand Greta. It feels like we are being left out about what is going on with her and her story.

message 35: by Lisa (last edited May 18, 2016 03:39PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments I read up to Chapter 45 yesterday.

Cherie, I agree, it's a very sad story. What I like the most about it is that it's not just a story about (view spoiler)

Greta - (view spoiler)

message 36: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments I'm in chapter 31. I haven't gotten very far because I've had another migraine the past couple of days. I'm heading to the neurologist today. Hopefully, I'll be able to read more and catch up a bit later. I can't wait to find out what happened between Danni and Finn.

My thoughts so far: (view spoiler)

It seems I have a lot more questions than answers right now.

message 37: by Sandra (last edited May 18, 2016 10:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sandra (sanlema) | 9170 comments I just finished chapter 12 (view spoiler)

I still cannot read spoilers, since I'm way behind...

Sandra (sanlema) | 9170 comments I hope you feel better soon, Kristie! Migraine is terrible.

message 39: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Get well soon, Kristie! As a fellow migraine sufferer, I feel your pain. Hopefully the neurologist will be able to help.

message 40: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments Thanks, ladies. Hopefully, it will pass soon. :)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9170 comments I got to chapter 17, so I read the first series of spoilers (view spoiler)

I feel like I'm starting to enjoy more the story now. It's not that I didn't like it, but only now I think it really caught me.

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments Lisa wrote: "I read up to Chapter 45 yesterday.

Cherie, I agree, it's a very sad story. What I like the most about it is that it's not just a story about [spoilers removed]

Greta - [spoilers removed]"

Yes, Lisa. I totally agree with both of your comments. I am really looking forward to seeing where this goes.

message 43: by Cherie (last edited May 18, 2016 04:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments Kristie wrote: "I'm in chapter 31. I haven't gotten very far because I've had another migraine the past couple of days. I'm heading to the neurologist today. Hopefully, I'll be able to read more and catch up a bit..."

Wow, Kristie. I loved your questions. I had the same thoughts.
Re: Danni - I think Lisa answered this well.
Re Drawing (view spoiler)
Re Toby (view spoiler)
Re June and her family (view spoiler)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments Sandra wrote: "I just finished chapter 12 June seems to be such a sensitive girl. And I can't believe how mean Greta can be with her. Is the reason for that only that June was Finn's favorite? It seems too much. ..."

I was shocked at how mean Greta comes off too, Sandra. I do not think she lets her parents see this though. (view spoiler)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9170 comments Finished chapter 26 (view spoiler)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments Sandra wrote: "Finished chapter 26 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler) keep reading :)

message 47: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments Sandra wrote: "I just finished chapter 12 [spoilers removed]"

I thought the same thing about (view spoiler)

I have additional thoughts now, but don't want to spoil anything. :)

message 48: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments Cherie wrote: "Kristie wrote: "I'm in chapter 31. I haven't gotten very far because I've had another migraine the past couple of days. I'm heading to the neurologist today. Hopefully, I'll be able to read more an..."

Made it to chapter 39 today. Migraine is breaking and will hopefully be completely gone tomorrow. Phew!

Re: The drawing, I think you're right. Actually, at this point, I'm almost certain that is right. :)

Re: Toby, again I agree. (view spoiler)

Re: Greta - I agree, I think she(view spoiler)

message 49: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 12943 comments Also (view spoiler)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19580 comments Kristie wrote: "Cherie wrote: "Kristie wrote: "I'm in chapter 31. I haven't gotten very far because I've had another migraine the past couple of days. I'm heading to the neurologist today. Hopefully, I'll be able ..."

Re Greta (view spoiler)

« previous 1

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tell the Wolves I'm Home (other topics)