Harry Potter Fans discussion

What do you think > How many times have you read the entire Harry Potter series

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia How many times have you read the Harry Potter Series?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Too many times to count.

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia I think I am going to be surprised at how many times everyone has read the books, or maybe not.

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia I have read the entire series 9 times

message 5: by Sophie, Advisor Mod (last edited Jul 29, 2016 08:33PM) (new)

Sophie Simpson (sophiecool123) | 1008 comments Mod
I've been trying to read the series once a month for a while now so I have probably read the series at least 30 times and then the first few at least 35.

message 6: by Eragon10316, Hufflepuff Mod (new)

Eragon10316 | 225 comments Mod
over 45 or 50

message 7: by Julia (new)

Julia Thats Awesome!!!

message 8: by Eragon10316, Hufflepuff Mod (new)

thanks...

message 9: by Jaide (new)

Jaide | 32 comments I've actually only read it twice, because there are so many books I want to read.

message 10: by Sophie, Advisor Mod (new)

Sophie Simpson (sophiecool123) | 1008 comments Mod
Yeah. There are so many books that I want to read, but whenever I am waiting for a book from the library or something and I don't have anything else to read I try to read Harry Potter.

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin | 167 comments I have read the Harry Potter series eight times :)

message 12: by Eragon10316, Hufflepuff Mod (new)

nice

message 13: by Erin (new)

Erin | 167 comments thx!

message 14: by Eragon10316, Hufflepuff Mod (new)

welcome

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

About 10 times. I would happily read it more, but there are just so many books that I also want to read...

message 17: by Alex (new)

Alex (alex1320) | 10 comments I think whole series (1-7 at once) I've read 4 times (so far) and each book separetly like 5 or more times.

message 18: by Grace , Head Mod (new)

Grace  Wright | 657 comments Mod
I just read bits and pieces all the time. So I'm not exactly sure.

message 21: by Jaide (new)

Jaide | 32 comments Currently reading the series for the 3rd time!!

message 22: by Jo (new)

Jo Robson (jorobson) | 2 comments I've read the series 4 times and once backwards (starting with DH and finishing with PS/SS) but yeah I want to read so many other books, if I didn't I bet I would have read them at least 40 times

message 23: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (GoldDragon) | 64 comments Just one, but I love them so much, I will probably read them a thousand more times!

message 24: by Keira (new)

Keira Johanna wrote: "I've read the series 4 times and once backwards (starting with DH and finishing with PS/SS) but yeah I want to read so many other books, if I didn't I bet I would have read them at least 40 times"

SAME!! But, i can always find time for a little Harry!

message 25: by aarifa (new)

aarifa 2 times. But I will read them until I reach 30. Heheh.

message 26: by aarifa (new)

aarifa I mean the 30th time.

message 27: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 90 comments I try to read it once a year.

message 28: by aarifa (new)

aarifa me too.

Alex ~They/them~ ~Annabeth Chase and Alex Fierro are the best~ (percybluefood) | 148 comments Twice, I'm planning to re-read them for the third time because I need to refresh my memories, if I can get around to them

message 31: by aarifa (new)

aarifa Same! I'm going to read them for the third time this year!

message 32: by Julia (new)

Julia I have now read the series 10 times.

message 33: by aarifa (new)

aarifa 3 times:-D
4th time when school starts again

message 34: by Destinee (new)

Destinee Walker (captainkream) | 210 comments Twice!

message 35: by Sunray (new)

Sunray | 52 comments 3 times, 1 time in English and 2 times in another language.

message 36: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Rosewalk (jessicarosewalk) I think around 10 - 15, depends if we're including listening to the audio books

message 37: by Christine (new)

Christine Malec | 56 comments I'm so jealous of people who can read in more than one language. I think it would make an amazing topic thread for people who've read HP in other languages, to give us little tidbits of comparing details or names between English and other languages. Translators have a big job with something like this, with unique names and fanciful ideas in it.

message 38: by aarifa (new)

aarifa Christine wrote: "I'm so jealous of people who can read in more than one language. I think it would make an amazing topic thread for people who've read HP in other languages, to give us little tidbits of comparing d..."

That would be amazing!

message 39: by Sunray (new)

Sunray | 52 comments Well, I've read it in Dutch, and personally, I found the original version much better. In Dutch, a lot of names are changed so it was a little confusing when I read the English version for the first time, for example: Hermione Granger was Hermelien Griffel, Tom Riddle was Marten Vilijn (because of 'my name is Voldemort' they had to make it Marten Vilijn). The quotes are also not as good as in the original version, but yeah, you can't demand too much so I was satisfied.

message 40: by Ian (new)

Ian Holmqvist (acdcfan) | 32 comments I started reading it when I was in first grade, but when I was eight, and on the fourth book, my mom made me wait to read the last ones until I was ten, so I've probably read the first four 60 or 70 times all ready, an then 30 or 40 times for the last ones.

message 41: by Kohon (new)

Kohon I read the whole series just last year. And I have re-read them a lot of times since then. Specially, The Prisoner of Azkaban.

message 42: by aarifa (new)

aarifa The first time I read Harry Potter I read the whole series in 2 months. If I read it again, it will be my 4th time reading the series

message 43: by Anna (new)

Anna | 112 comments 2 or 3 times...can't really remember

message 44: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) 4

message 45: by Elissa (new)

Elissa | 18 comments I read the series for the first time in third grade, and have probobly read it 5 or 6 times since :-)

message 46: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 32 comments I have read the whole series plus all the other books, like Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard once. I have started reading them again for another experience.

message 47: by aarifa (new)

aarifa I haven't read Quidditch Through the Ages yet. I can't find it in any of the libraries, but will try to get it from Barnes & Nobles.