Kenyons Minions discussion

Dark Hunter: General discussions > Tiyana Deveraux Spoiler alert

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (katpreece) | 532 comments This thread has a spoiler from Son of No One.

Anyway Josette hears Tiyana's voice. And I'm just wondering if any of you have some wild theories. I have a few wild theories, some far fetched some plausible.

It doesn't matter how wild and out there your theories are.

If you can't think of any theories, then what do you think of my theories? ;)

Theory number 1: Tiyana knew she'd die being a voodoo priestess and all, and she allowed it to happen; because there is crap going on in the spirit world; which is causing crap to happen in the normal dark hunter world. And she is one of the only ones that can fix it. And to fix it she needed her soul to leave her body. But she created some sort of spell to stop her soul going to it's resting place because she'll need to be reincarnated to come back.

Theory number 2: Tiyana created some random voodoo spell which allows her to talk to her family after death.

Theory number 3: She created a random voodoo spell which will allow her to talk to her family, and reincarnate herself in a different body when her job is done. She also created a voodoo spell to stop herself from forgetting her family.

Theory number 4: Tiyana is somehow special and she let off some form of magical energy which got the attention of some higher power, and now she's trapped and ready to be rescued.

Theory number 5: You know how Chthonians are mortal born? Next thing you'll know Sherrilyn might create some new designations which are also mortal born, and also chosen by the fates because of their awesomeness. And Tiyana might be one of them? ;) Eh you never know eh ;)

Theory 6: Tiyana is just finding a way to reincarnate herself and to get better communication reception.

Theory 7: This higher power that captured her has become her friend and is helping her on a mission to save the world, but they still can't figure out how to get Tiyana back into a new body.

Theory 8: The friend of Tiyana dies, and she happens to be a demon, were hunter, god, fey, nymph....whatever she happens to be and before her soul leaves her body she gives her body over to Tiyana to take over. And Tiyana is like "no I can't do that" but then she's like "please Tiyana you are our only hope, take my body..." And after a small and quick argument Tiyana reluctantly agrees.

Theory 9: The barriers between alternate worlds are being breached, And Tiyana in the other universe comes over to the normal dark hunter universe.

I'm just being creative in my theories ;)

message 2: by Slick (new)

Slick | 451 comments She's just chillin out as a ghost. Will become the Heroine in Battle Born/Urian's book.

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat (katpreece) | 532 comments For reals? How do you know?

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat (katpreece) | 532 comments Oh wow what a great theory Slick! But 2018 uhh lol too far away!

message 5: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments I gots to read it again to see what I think. I haven't thought of Tiyana in so long that I never imagined that she could possibly be in another realm or underworld waiting

message 6: by Slick (new)

Slick | 451 comments I don't know haha just a theory. I can't imagine Sherry just keeping T there/in between worlds for no purpose, the Dragon's mostly have their Mates except Falcyn but i can't see him with T.

Don't want to be offensive but im not really into the whole Dragon thing... I'd literally rather read about Urian or CON but i will probably still read it..

message 7: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Gasp...chokes and withers away. What you mean you no likey dragons? They big, they strong, they the original gangsters of going Medieval on yo ass!!! Just saying... :P

message 8: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments I thought everyone loved dragons. They are friggin beasts lol
Beautiful, savage beasts. I loves em

message 9: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments High Five Shari!

message 10: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Whoop, whoop!!

message 11: by Slick (new)

Slick | 451 comments No.. I like them but i don't love them..The best parts were when old characters reemerged.. Meh hardly call them the original gangsters haha

Im all hyped for Dead Mans Cross though :P Looks fun

message 12: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Okay you still coolz then. And yea be interesting to see how Deadman's Cross goes down. I'm not a fan of historical romances even if there are pirates involved. So fingers crossed I like it.

message 13: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments I might skip Deadman's Cross. I don't like historical romances.

message 14: by Kat (new)

Kat (katpreece) | 532 comments I agree with Slick I prefer it when old characters revisit. I'd love to see Astrid -Zarek and Tabitha- Valerius hanging out on a play date with their children.

I'd love to see more of Styxx and Acheron slowly strengthening their bond as brothers again.

I'd love to see more Savitar.

message 15: by Kat (new)

Kat (katpreece) | 532 comments When random characters that I really don't know it kind of makes me uhhh....I prefer characters that have been briefly mentioned over a few books, or even at least one book before they got a book for themselves.

So I'd prefer Remi to have a book, because I've gotten to know him slightly.

But when Sherri puts in a complete random I'm just like "huh? Whose this guy? Where'd you come from?"

message 16: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Deadman's Cross guy isn't random though. He's been mentioned in CON. He even had a small part in one of the CON books.

message 17: by Kat (last edited Mar 06, 2016 04:50PM) (new)

Kat (katpreece) | 532 comments Who is the deadman's cross guy? And know I'm talking about other characters. The more a character is mentioned the more I want their story.

Remi has been mentioned more than Maxis...so I wanted his story more than Maxis.

Also in all honesty if Simi had never had sex with Nick, then I would not have wanted her to have a story.

I know I know, it just seems like Simi is too childish for me to entertain the idea of her having any sex. I can see it in Xirena, but Simi not really. When Simi hooked up with Nick...I was kind of disgusted, because Simi reminds me of a 5 year old child, in spite of the fact she has the physical body of an 18 year old.

But then I decided oh well since she has carnal knowledge, she might as well have her own book.

message 18: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Oooooo I got you now. I completely understand what your saying. I think between Remi and Maxis, I don't mind that Maxis got one first. I love them both and wanted em equally. Thst goes for any other character that was mentioned in the past. But say it was like between Remi and Falcyn, I'd want Remi. We just met him.

message 19: by Kat (new)

Kat (katpreece) | 532 comments Yeah totally because I don't even know who the heck Falcyn is. No offence. And when Maggie got a book...I was like eh who the heck is this chick? But I loved Wren enough...and Maggie wasn't too bad so she grew on me.

message 20: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments And with all of what you said Kat is why I wished they kept the profiles from the old sort of the same for the new site. Cause Maxis and some of the other guys that seemed kind of "new-ish" now were on those sites waaaaaay back in the day. Not sure about Falcyn, but Maxis and his brother Illarion was on there for sure. Have no clue on the Deadman Cross peeps at all aside from Thorn.

message 21: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Yeah I remembered Illlarion. I been waiting on him all my life. I remember fiending over his profile back in the day. I forget who his rival/nemesis was but I found it interesting and also not being able to talk.

message 22: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Blaine!? I think Deadman Cross dude is Blaine. He was one the Malachai Generals and hung with the Death at first but started hanging with Thorn

message 23: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Oh yea, wait wasn't he supposed to have something to do with Pestilence, the Blaine dude that is.

message 24: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Yeah that's him.

message 25: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Gotcha. Must have missed him in CON.

message 26: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Lol Pestilence and Blaine are the same person. Remember the four horsemen all have different names.

message 27: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Girl, the actual most stand out horsemen in my frontal lobe are Larissa Ione's Lords of Deliverance peeps, lol. Everybody is just "and them", haha. So apparently I do not.

message 28: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Hahahaha. I love Ione's Horsemen. All of em were amazing. Well I was disappointed with Limos's story but still love her

message 29: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Really?! I loved her story for all the juicy drama of it all. And the fact I thought Thanatos was going to break bad all over her. Reseph's story was the one that went kind of limp for me. I mean took him from all the badassery that was Pestilence down to the ol' country slow poke that liked country living after all. Like say what?!?!

message 30: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Oh it was good, don't get me wrong but I was expecting a bit more badassery from her. We got most of that from Arik which I thought was weird cause you know she's Horsemen and he was just human. I did enjoy the drama from all the lies she's told especially the big one.

message 31: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Ah I gotcha. But yea, I sorta lost that expectation of her once I saw she was into Hawaiian print. I've never been able to take anybody seriously in that, aside from Nick, but whole other set of books on that one, haha.

message 32: by Slick (new)

Slick | 451 comments No Deadman's main character Devyl Bane is not Bane from CON.
CON Bane is pestilence one of the horsemen, they are different characters i thought that too but apparently they are not. Completely different guys.

I was a little excited for Maxis' book but when i read it.. i was kind of just rolling my eyes during the mushy scenes he acted like a whipped dog more than a bad ass dragon. Obviously i love Sherry she's one of my top authors but Seraphina and Maxis just didn't do it for me.. Illarion has real potential though and i really quite liked him.

message 33: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Aaah gotcha. Thanks Slick. I'm definitely not reading Deadman's Cross now lol. I have no clue who that is.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the Seraphine and Maxis romance......ok I just didn't like Seraphine.

message 34: by Slick (new)

Slick | 451 comments Acheron, Adarian, Thorn, Menyara, Noir, Ravennah, Jean-Luc, Azura, Janice, Grim and The original Deveroux ancestor will be in it!

Im not really a pirate fan myself but the cast should be good plus there are apparently quite a few reveals.. That's the main reason im reading it.. :P

message 35: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Adarian!? Adarian!? Why does that ring a bell!? Dream-Hunter Adarian!?

Oh wow, Jean-Luc and Janice...Haven't heard those names in awhile

message 36: by Slick (new)

Slick | 451 comments ;)

message 37: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Yeah, Bane in Deadman's Cross is definitely different from Bane in CON. (I know, I'm being Captain Obvious, here. XD)

Also ... yes, Adarian is slated to appear in Deadman's Cross. Adarian as in ... MALACHAI Adarian. =)

Oh yeah, Rafael is supposed to be at least mentioned, too. =)

I think originally, characters from Sea Wolves were supposed to appear in DC, but now it doesn't look like they do. But DC looks like it takes place around the same time as the Sea Wolves books. But definitely not necessary to read Sea Wolves, especially as they are historical romances, whereas DC is historical fantasy. =)

message 38: by Slick (new)

Slick | 451 comments Thorn & Ash dressed as a pirates. Lol.

Yeah the big Papa Malachai. Nick Gautiers father.
He was the one Thorn was fighting in Cades book when he recruited him to his campaign.

So excited to see him fighting Thorn also dressed as a Pirate!!!... BADASS ALERT!!!

message 39: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Slick wrote: "Acheron, Adarian, Thorn, Menyara, Noir, Ravennah, Jean-Luc, Azura, Janice, Grim and The original Deveroux ancestor will be in it!

Im not really a pirate fan myself but the cast should be good plus..."

Woot now I really got to read it. I'll just put on the same cap I did for the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. But looking forward to it.

message 40: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Slick wrote: "Thorn & Ash dressed as a pirates. Lol.

Yeah the big Papa Malachai. Nick Gautiers father.
He was the one Thorn was fighting in Cades book when he recruited him to his campaign.

So excited to see ..."

Is it bad of me to wonder who will have a parrot on their shoulder?

message 41: by Slick (new)

Slick | 451 comments If it is. We're both guilty.

message 42: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Haha I can so see it being Savitar if he was there. Nothing like surfing and having a animal companion. Anybody else probably be swatting them away or blasting them left and right. But would be perfectly timed moment for somebody like Noir to get pooped on, lol.

message 43: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5271 comments OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH! Malachai Adarian!!!! The hell did I get Dream Hunter from!?

*sighs* Guys, I really didn't wanna read it but y'all are starting to get me interested.

message 44: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Haha that is the beauty of this group. Positively wonderful reading peer pressure of the author goddess stuff. :D

And I think you might have been thinking Alerian instead of Adarian when you said the dream-hunter thing.

message 45: by Slick (new)

Slick | 451 comments What about Madoc? His real name is Adarian, so i will forgive you ;)

Ahhhhh peer pressure.. My old friend! ;)

I was rereading a few DH Books recently and i realized i really missed those Nick and Zarek scenes... They're mostly in the earlier books but they're both so funny together..