Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge discussion

23 views
2016 - Level 2 (Investigator) > Traci's 2016 Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments I used to read a lot. I need to get back to reading. I'm going to try to read at least 12 cozies this year. In the last two weeks, I have read:

Wedding Cake Murder

Christmas Carol Murder


message 2: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Good luck, Traci! I always find reading cozies easy. They just seem to fly by once I get started on one.


message 3: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments We are going on a road trip soon. I'm hoping to get some reading done while riding in the car.


message 4: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) I used to listen to audio books while driving to and from work. It was an easy drive, mostly in the country with two stop signs and no traffic.


message 5: by Traci (last edited Mar 10, 2016 03:27AM) (new)

Traci | 30 comments Berried Secrets: A Cranberry Cove Mystery

Third book read Berried Secrets by Peg Cochran.


message 6: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments Dagny wrote: "I used to listen to audio books while driving to and from work. It was an easy drive, mostly in the country with two stop signs and no traffic."

We do that on vacation. We are taking my car. The radio is messed up so we are getting it replaced before the trip so that we can listen to audio books. My 12 and 10 year old love reading and listening to audio books so we do this instead of having a tv in the car.


message 7: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 650 comments Mod
Good luck with your challenge. I love reading cozies when I want something light to read. sometimes they can be predictable but are still good reads.


message 8: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments Mattress Mart Murder

Quick and easy read


message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori | 74 comments You know if you ever need any books I have some I will glad pass off to you.


message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 5 comments What did you think about Wedding Cake Murder? I've read the rest of the Hannah Swenson Series, but have been less than impressed with the last several books. I'm not sure if I'm even going to read the Wedding one.


message 11: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments It was okay. I have mixed feelings about who she ended up marrying.


message 12: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments Lori - I have a big pile of books to read but I will take you up on the offer if I need any.


message 13: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments RaspBuried Torte

I just finished reading this book. It was a good book even though I was confused about the relationships of the characters.


message 14: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Traci wrote: "RaspBuried Torte

I just finished reading this book. It was a good book even though I was confused about the relationships of the characters."


That happens to me a lot, especially if I'm starting several new series at around the same time.


message 15: by Traci (last edited Apr 24, 2016 05:59PM) (new)

Traci | 30 comments Here's my current list of books read since I last posted.
Blueburied Muffins (Black Cat Cafe Cozy Mystery #1) by Lyndsey Cole

Dying for Chocolate (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #2) by Diane Mott Davidson

A Tine to Live, A Tine to Die (Local Foods Mystery, #1) by Edith Maxwell

The Chocolate Moose Motive (A Chocoholic Mystery, #12) by JoAnna Carl


message 16: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Traci wrote: "Dying for Chocolate (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #2) by Diane Mott Davidson"

I read a few of the early Goldy Bear mysteries and really enjoyed them. I think I'm going to pick up that series again. Just trying to decide if I should reread the early ones to refresh myself or if it will all come back to me.


message 17: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments Dagny wrote: "Traci wrote: "Dying for Chocolate (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #2) by Diane Mott Davidson"

I read a few of the early Goldy Bear mysteries and really enjoyed them. I think I'm going to pick up that series again. Just trying to decide ..."


I really enjoyed reading the Goldy Bear mystery. I'm going to read more once school lets out for the school year in a couple weeks.


message 18: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments The Chocolate Pirate Plot (A Chocoholic Mystery, #10) by JoAnna Carl

If Fried Chicken Could Fly (Gram’s Country Cooking School Mystery #1) by Paige Shelton

To Brew or Not to Brew (Brewing Trouble, #1) by Joyce Tremel

I've reached my goal of 12 cozies. My next goal is to read 20 cozies.


message 19: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Traci wrote: "I've reached my goal of 12 cozies. My next goal is to read 20 cozies."

Congratulations, Traci! Good reading.


message 20: by Traci (new)


message 21: by Traci (new)


message 22: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Traci wrote: "Murder by Mocha (Coffeehouse Mystery, #10) by Cleo Coyle"

I have the first one, On What Grounds, on hold. Should get it next week.


message 23: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments I read the first one years ago and for some reason decided to read the tenth one last week.


message 24: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Traci wrote: "I read the first one years ago and for some reason decided to read the tenth one last week."

So you haven't read the ones in between?


message 25: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments Nope. That is going to be my goal this summer after school gets out.


message 26: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Enjoy, Traci! I've been on a bit of a series marathon myself, except it's not a cozy one. Mystery, just not cozy. Michael Connelly.


message 27: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 650 comments Mod
I hear the series talks more about coffee and has a mystery. It gets good reviews. I myself hasn't read any.


message 28: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments Book #15 'Til Dirt Do Us Part (Local Foods Mystery, #2) by Edith Maxwell


message 29: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments Book #16 Mistletoe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #1) by Leslie Meier

Book #17 Murder on Amsterdam Avenue (Gaslight Mystery, #17) by Victoria Thompson

Book #18 Holiday Buzz (Coffeehouse Mystery, #12) by Cleo Coyle


message 30: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Traci wrote: "
Book #17 Murder on Amsterdam Avenue (Gaslight Mystery, #17) by Victoria Thompson
"


I've had the first Gaslight Mystery for ages now. I'm finally going to get to it since I put it on my list for the 20 Books of Summer Challenge! https://madamevauquer.wordpress.com/2...


message 31: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments The gaslight books are good.


message 32: by Traci (last edited Jun 03, 2016 03:56AM) (new)

Traci | 30 comments Book #19 A Familiar Tail (Witch's Cat Mystery, #1) by Delia James
(First book done for the summer reading program at the library.)


message 33: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments Book #20 Foreign Éclairs (A White House Chef Mystery #9) by Julie Hyzy (Second book for the summer reading program at the library.)

I've reached my second goal for the cruisin' through the cozies. I'm going to create a third goal which is reading 30 cozies this year.

I'm currently reading Here Comes the Bribe (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #30) by Mary Daheim That will be #21 once I finish the book.


message 34: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) I read some of those B&B cozies years ago and then sort of forgot about them. Can't believe there are so many of them now!


message 35: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments Dagny wrote: "I read some of those B&B cozies years ago and then sort of forgot about them. Can't believe there are so many of them now!"

Neither can I. The first one I read of the series was Holy Terrors (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #3) by Mary Daheim many years ago,


message 36: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 650 comments Mod
Congrats on finishing your second goal. You are really cruising along. I have never read any of the B&B cozies. I'll have tochevk them out.


message 37: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments I still haven't gotten to reading the Coffeehouse Books by Cleo Coyle.

#21 - Here Comes the Bribe (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #30) by Mary Daheim

#22 - Killer Cruise (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #8) by Laura Levine (Funny story)

#23 - To Cache a Killer (The Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries #5) by Karen Musser Nortman

#24 - The Chocolate Frog Frame-Up (A Chocoholic Mystery, #3) by JoAnna Carl


message 38: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 329 comments Traci wrote: "I still haven't gotten to reading the Coffeehouse Books by Cleo Coyle.

#21 - Here Comes the Bribe (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #30) by Mary Daheim

#22 - Killer Cruise (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #8) by Laura Levine (Funny story)

#23 - [bookcover:To ..."


I really liked the early coffeehouse books by Cleo Coyle but not the later ones.


message 39: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) I started reading the first coffeehouse book (On What Grounds) but was a bit turned off by the stalker prologue.


message 40: by Lori (new)

Lori | 74 comments Dagny wrote: "I started reading the first coffeehouse book (On What Grounds) but was a bit turned off by the stalker prologue."

They actually get better. I'm almost caught up with the entire series and love them.


message 41: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Lori wrote: "They actually get better. I'm almost caught up with the entire series and love them."

Thanks, Lori, I'll keep that in mind.


message 42: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments #25 - The Chocolate Clown Corpse (A Chocoholic Mystery, #14) by JoAnna Carl

#26 - A Clue for the Puzzle Lady (Puzzle Lady, #1) by Parnell Hall

#27 - Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril, #7) by Maddy Hunter

#28 - Alpine for You (Passport to Peril, #1) by Maddy Hunter

#29 - Death by Tiara (A Jaine Austen Mystery #13) by Laura Levine

#30 - Trouble at High Tide (Murder, She Wrote, #37) by Jessica Fletcher

#31 - Destination Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #20) by Jessica Fletcher

#32 - Lowcountry Boil (A Liz Talbot Mystery, #1) by Susan M. Boyer

#33 - Cloche and Dagger (Hat Shop Mystery, #1) by Jenn McKinlay

#34 - Vi Agra Falls (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #24) by Mary Daheim

#35 - A Deadly Cliché (A Books by the Bay Mystery #2) by Ellery Adams


message 43: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments These are all of the books I read during the summer.


message 44: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Traci wrote: "These are all of the books I read during the summer."

I keep meaning to try those puzzle lady books. I like his Stanley Hastings series.


message 45: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments Dagny wrote: "Traci wrote: "These are all of the books I read during the summer."

I keep meaning to try those puzzle lady books. I like his Stanley Hastings series."


It took a little while to get into the book. Once I did, it was good.


message 46: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) Traci wrote: "It took a little while to get into the book. Once I did, it was good."

Thanks, Traci. I'll remember that.


message 47: by Traci (new)

Traci | 30 comments #36 - Lethal Letters

#37 - Written in Stone

I had a setback almost two months ago. My sister passed away suddenly in late August. I've not read any books since then. It took me a while but I started to listen to books instead.

I also listened to the majority of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I had to return it and then request it. It's going to be a while before I can finish listening to it.


message 48: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, Traci. I hope you and all the family and friends are doing as well as can be expected.


message 49: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 313 comments Traci wrote: "#36 - Lethal Letters

#37 - Written in Stone

I had a setback almost two months ago. My sister passed away suddenly in late August. I've not read any books since the..."


I'm so sorry about your sister Traci.


message 50: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 650 comments Mod
Sorry to hear about your sister.


back to top