Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Medieval Murder Mystery/Thriller, 78k words complete

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Devine | 17 comments The terrifying gallows in the twisted English town of Framlingham saw three innocent men hang in the year of 1426. It was just another day of work at the stables when Edmond Zandor woke up to find his wife brutally murdered and eight of his nine children missing. Having a life of poverty, he turns towards the only liable source of wealth he knows to help him launch an all-out bounty for his wife's killer.
Having conglomerated a large group of so-called professionals to track down the killer, the crowd of twelve gets trapped inside the Zandor manor, also known as the Framlingham castle. With the blizzard of a century raging outside, Edmond has no choice but to stay in the warmth and comfort of his father's manor, only for the group to discover the hard way that his wife's killer is among them.
When push comes to shove, Edmond finds himself struggling for survival as he tries to keep the group alive while simultaneously trying to discover the killer's identity.
In this tragic mystery, experience the terror that everyone in the Zandor manor had to trial through during the storm, and the dark truth behind the ones Edmond needs to save. Time is running out, their numbers are dwindling, and the killer won't hide forever. Will Edmond be able to discover the killer and save his guests? ...Or will he die tying?

message 2: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Devine | 17 comments I'm not looking for proofreading or line-editing, it is the final draft (before I send it to editors) so there shouldn't be too many spelling and grammar issues, but some are still there. I'm looking for someone to give me feedback on the plot, characters, and story as a whole. I will send the whole story at once as opposed to the chapter-by-chapter method I used to do. I would prefer if it could be read in 2-3 days. If you find yourself interested, shoot me an email at "dylandog112@gmail.com" and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Happy reading!

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Conrad Dylan, this sounds fascinating. Would you be willing to read my historical novel in exchange for your piece? How long is this, since you say you want it read in 2-3 days.

message 4: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Devine | 17 comments Sure, history books are some of my favorite. It's 78k and roughly 236 pages. I may trim it down a bit by the time I finish this final draft. For more info on the book you can click on the link at the top, also you can read what my last beta thought of the story as well. How long is your piece?

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Conrad Awesome. My piece is 63k right now, though I'm looking to expand it. It takes place in 18th century London. It's about a young woman working in a coffee house. Why don't you email me your piece at laucon@optonline.net. Then I'll email you the first 60 pages of mine. I like to do that so that we can see if we mesh well as beta readers/critique partners.