Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Random Topics/Off-Topic > Favorite emotional scene with dangerous hero

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Charles | 10 comments There have been some books I've read where certain scenes were so emotionally pulling that I've gone back to read the book again for those scenes alone. It's those books that tend to get a 5 rating from me. A few have been steamy but emotional sex scenes, most aren't. My favorite is in Roxie Rivera's Nikolai from Her Russian Protector series after Vivian finds out Nikolai shot her. He drops to his knees and crawls to her and she can feel his tears on her leg. Second favorite is in Kristin Proby's Safe With Me when Caleb has his nightmare and then later in the book tells Brynna about what happened to his team, those made him so much more real for me. Anyone else have a favorite?

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 259 comments Definitely have a favorite. A much-needed and all-too-rare groveling scene at the end of one of Anne Stuart's Ice novels. He cries. Me too.

message 3: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Charles | 10 comments Hmmm...sounds like I might need to check those out.

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 259 comments All dark-hero books IMO could use a groveling scene.

message 5: by Taina (new)

Taina (stupidlyawesome) | 5 comments Favorite emotional scene is in faefever when Mac turns pri-ya and Barrons do all he can to get her out of it... Favorite quote in that scene is when he starts to notice she's getting back to normal and says to her "you're leaving me, Rainbow girl."

message 6: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Charles | 10 comments Susan wrote: "All dark-hero books IMO could use a groveling scene."

I tend to agree. I love the strong alpha type, but I also like to see that they are capable of great emotion.

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 259 comments That's why we're drawn to the alphas and gammas, isn't it, Lizzie? We want to see all of that restraint and apparent coldness ignited, not just in an erotic way but an emotional release.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I just finished reading Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1) by Bec McMaster and the emotion scenes at the end are fantastic.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (psylaw04) | 7 comments Taina wrote: "Favorite emotional scene is in faefever when Mac turns pri-ya and Barrons do all he can to get her out of it... Favorite quote in that scene is when he starts to notice she's getting back to normal..."

THIS!

message 10: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Charles | 10 comments Susan wrote: "That's why we're drawn to the alphas and gammas, isn't it, Lizzie? We want to see all of that restraint and apparent coldness ignited, not just in an erotic way but an emotional release."

I think that's definitely what makes them so desirable, when they do express their emotion it's powerful.

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 259 comments Yes, and once they admit they're in love they become Perfect. I'll bet that's how George Clooney's fiancée feels right now. :-D

message 12: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Ireland (goodreadscomdawn_ireland) | 50 comments For me it's the aloof male who fights falling in love for reasons of his own, but when he finally meets his perfect match he realizes there really was something missing in his life. Love always completes us.

message 13: by Sweet Daisey (new)

Sweet Daisey (daisey12) | 20 comments Dawn wrote: "For me it's the aloof male who fights falling in love for reasons of his own, but when he finally meets his perfect match he realizes there really was something missing in his life. Love always com..."

Yes!!! Absolutely love that.

Anna the Naughty Nun (amc23) | 4 comments My favorite is from Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley. Twice in the book, Lahn in his way grovels to Circe for his insensitive ways. The first time was when they are getting ready to leave and he comments that she (Circe) hides her teeth from him. The next after Circe (view spoiler) So sweet.