COMIC BOOK CRAZIES discussion

Book nominations > April Book Club Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Damon (new)

Damon (drasmodeus) | 158 comments Mod
Is there anything in particular that you would like to read in April?

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (iamhorriblylimited) | 20 comments What about Ms. Marvel vol. 4?

message 3: by Donovan (new)

Donovan Ms. Marvel is an amazing series! We're selling the hell out of it in my bookstore. I am only on Vol. 2 at the moment. I'm planning on reading Shazam! (Geoff Johns), Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow (New 52), East of West Vol. 1, Final Crisis, and Forever Evil, to name a few : )

message 4: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 3 comments I will be reading Descender v.1, Sons of the Devil v.1, Manifest Destiny v.3, the Woods v.3. I will try reading some of the comics being read by group members (past, current and future group reads) like Ms. Marvel, East of West, Hellboy, Red Sonja, Southern Bastards and others.

message 5: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Standal | 8 comments The Fade Out, Act 3--I love anything by Brubaker and Phillips

Drinking at the Movies, an Eisner nominee, so should be worth a shot.

Getting caught up on some Secret Wars stuff.

I also love Ms. Marvel, Southern Bastards and I like East of West, although I think it's sometimes inconsistent.

message 6: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Standal | 8 comments And I'm finishing Nimona by Noelle Stevenson, which is incredible. Funny, exciting, and appropriate amounts of pathos.

message 7: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (iamhorriblylimited) | 20 comments C.J. wrote: "And I'm finishing Nimona by Noelle Stevenson, which is incredible. Funny, exciting, and appropriate amounts of pathos."
I just loved Nimona, it is soo good. Definitely a new favorite for me!

message 8: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericatyler) | 4 comments I am finally reading Batman vol 6 and 7. Plus I'm looking forward to East of West vol 5, Pretty Deadly vol 2, Velvet vol 2, and Trees vol 2.

message 9: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Standal | 8 comments Danielle (iamhorriblylimited) wrote: "C.J. wrote: "And I'm finishing Nimona by Noelle Stevenson, which is incredible. Funny, exciting, and appropriate amounts of pathos."
I just loved Nimona, it is soo good. Definitely a new favorite f..."

I also agree! Funny, but with an appropriate dash of drama and character moments.