Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Infidel by Ayaan Hersi Ali - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) The story of the early life of Ayaan Heirsi Ali. Born in Somalia, she spends her life, up to about 20 yrs old, shuttling between Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Nairobi, until she finally ends up in Holland. The details of life in these war-torn countries is harsh and the treatment of women abismal (sp?). But the book is about being a Muslim and what it has done to cause these conditions in her country. The author gradually begins to question her faith.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6261 comments I read her follow-up book, Heretic: Why Islam Needs a Reformation Now, and just saw Ms. Ali speak here in Baltimore.

She's a pretty compelling woman to say the least. I can't decide whether to read Infidel or not since I already know her perspective and at least an outline of her life story, but a few people have told me it is the best of her books.

message 3: by Denizen (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments I found Infidel very informative and hope to be able to read Heretic sometime this year.

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I have it on my shelf it am yet to read it. Thanks for the review!