Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > simply feedback, nothing more.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick | 30 comments Hey everyone.

I’m looking to do some beta reading while I take a break from writing for a few weeks until I can go back to it later with new and more objective eyes.

I prefer to read paranormal/supernatural/horror/strange and weird, but I’m very burnt out on female protagonists that are hitting puberty and realizing they have magical powers. I’d like something from a different angle…please.

I fully acknowledge that as a beta reader I’m here to help writers with stories that are NOT READY for publication and I hold no such expectation when I give my feedback.

And to be clear, I’m here to simply give feedback. You serve me a dish and I’ll tell you what it tastes like. I’m not going to pretend that I’m an editor and start highlighting passages of questionable grammar or structure, unless of course it stands out so much that it prevents me from moving forward in your story—in which case I will tell you that. I’m more interested in the plot, characters, and the setting, and this is what I’ll be giving feedback on.

I give all my feedback using the track changes comment bubbles in MS Word so that there’s no question as to what part of your manuscript my feedback is referencing.

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Weil Sent you a message
Thanks

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I have a novel in need of a beta reader. It's dark fantasy, about 71K words. I've done two edits and could use some outside comments on the plot, the characters, everything. It's supposed to be the first book of a series. If you're interested let me know. Thanks.

Sarah

message 4: by Derek (new)

Derek | 45 comments Are you available to read a 60k thriller novel? What you're offering is exactly what I'm looking for at this stage.

message 5: by Karissa (new)

Karissa (madam_muffins) | 5 comments Hi Nick,

Would you be available for/interested in an apocalyptic themed thriller?

I've got about 75,000 words written so far and I'm looking for input on my characters, story flow, plot details and so on. I really just want to know what people think about it and if there's an area that drags too much, or is too confusing as I'm too close to the story to really tell.

The MC is a female, 19 and in the army. There is no romantic plot involved and she isn't going through some amazing 'coming of age'. She's simply trying to survive.

Please send me a message if you're interested. Thank you for your time.