What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Castle Tourmandyne
This topic is about Castle Tourmandyne
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's Suspense - Haunted Dollhouse /s

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (shelley0saurus) | 5 comments Hi,
I am looking for a book I read when I was younger but was too afraid to finish at the time and it has been bothering me since. It's about a young girl who was given a dollhouse to put together but her older cousin puts it together for her because the main character was not "doing it right". I believe her cousin became possessed or something like that shortly after the house was complete and I remember something about the designer/maker of the dollhouse dying/committing suicide because he was lonely or unloved.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

message 2: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2108 comments The dollhouse murders by Betty Ren Wright?

message 3: by bookel (last edited Apr 30, 2014 05:10PM) (new)

bookel | 2108 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/simila...
Similar book? Some listed are, some not.

message 4: by bookel (last edited Apr 30, 2014 05:10PM) (new)

bookel | 2108 comments Midnight in the dollhouse By Marjorie Filley Stover
While Melissa is recovering, her cousin Valerie comes from South Carolina to visit. The Southern family suffered ...

message 5: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (shelley0saurus) | 5 comments So after many weeks of searches I have been able to cut out some more obvious answers. It is not one of these:
- The Dollhouse Murders
- Sweet Miss Honeywells Revenge
- Midnight In The Dollhouse

Thanks for such a quick reply though bookel!

message 6: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2108 comments When the dolls woke?
OK good to see some eliminated. I suggest use worldcat to search. Also look up reviews on Google books or Google.

message 7: by bookel (last edited Apr 30, 2014 05:12PM) (new)

bookel | 2108 comments https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Post to browse suggestions.

What year did you read it? 1970? 1990?

message 8: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2108 comments Also try this list:
Evil in the Dollhouse: Haunted, Possessed or Cursed Dolls
http://www.amazon.com/Evil-Dollhouse-...

message 9: by bookel (last edited Apr 30, 2014 05:40PM) (new)

bookel | 2108 comments Castle Tourmandyne by Monica Hughes?
“Be careful to make this house with love,” reads the cryptic instruction tucked into an antique Victorian cut-out doll house. Soon the warning takes on an even more sinister meaning for 12-year-old Marg and Peggy, her 14-year-old cousin and summer visitor.
Review.

message 10: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments It sure sounds like Castle Tourmandyne. If not, a little while ago I made a Listopia on this subject (haha). It could be on there.

message 11: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (shelley0saurus) | 5 comments Castle Tourmandyne!

I am going to the local library to get it when it opens! It's been bugging me forever to finish the book. It's been 18 years so hopefully it won't scare me off this time lol! Thanks everyone for your help!

message 12: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2108 comments Great! I have it but haven't read that one yet. I like Monica Hughes' books.

message 13: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
Monica Hughes must be a great writer. We've had a lot of people looking for various books she's written. Clearly I'm going to have to go on a hunt for her books in thrift stores, used bookstores etc and start amassing them for when my grandkids have kids. (They are 15 and 17 now, so think themselves too adult to read kids books any more.)

message 14: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2108 comments I never stopped reading children's/YA books and am catching up on all I never had access to that interests! Yes Monica Hughes, Canadian author now deceased, is most well known for her science fiction. But did write a few others. Don't confuse her with another author by the same name. Librarything's website differentiates the two.