Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > I own editions of some books that currently have no covers. Can someone add the covers to the listing?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jillian (last edited Mar 05, 2016 11:40AM) (new)

Jillian (wordcauldron) | 3 comments Hello,

From my personal childhood collection, I own a few editions of books that are listed here on GoodReads (I have checked ISBN #s and other data to make sure), but which have only the generic cover. I can provide pictures of the true covers for those editions from my personal library.

The books are:
- 1955 hardcover edition of The Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek by Evelyn Sibley Lampman
- 1979 paperback edition of Snow White by Ruth Ainsworth
- 1979 paperback edition of The Witch Grows Up by Norman Bridwell
- 1984 paperback edition of Snoopy's Brother Comes to Town (Random House book designed by Terry Flanagan*
- 1977 hardcover edition of The New Color-Picture Dictionary for Children**
- 1977 hardcover edition of The First Dictionary by Banner Press
- 1992 hardcover edition of Elizabeth's Castle Adventure by Cherie Rayburn***
- 1981 hardcover edition of Fairy Tales Around the World by Edward Holmes****

*I think there is an error on this book data that needs to be corrected. It is not by Charles M. Schultz. Inside the book it says, "Based on the Charles M. Schultz Characters, Designed by Terry Flanagan". There is NO byline for Schultz in this book. I can provide a photo of this page as proof.

**There is an error with this book (it is "Color-Picture" and not "Color Picture") and missing info (the version I have from that matches that ISBN # is from 1977).

***There is an error in which this book is listed as "unknown binding". It's a pop-up book and it's hardcover.

****There is an error with this book, too. It was not first published in 1988, but in 1981; I can provide a photo with proof if necessary.

Is there someone who can work with me to tell me if we can use my pictures of the covers and, if so, replace them? (Or, let me know if none of them can be used and then I can stop trying and just make peace with the fact that the cover photo will be generic. ^_^) And also someone to work with me to correct the data for the various books?

Thank you for your time,

Jillian

message 2: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3672 comments Jillian wrote: "Hello,

From my personal childhood collection, I own a few editions of books that are listed here on GoodReads (I have checked ISBN #s and other data to make sure), but which have only the generic ..."

Jillian, you can scan or photograph covers of books you own, and we can use those for cover images. See details here:
https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...

In your request, be sure to provide the ISBN in addition to the other information you listed above. I did not make any of the corrections you noted as I hesitated to do so without an ISBN. Be sure to make those correction notations when you request the cover addition, and we can research the information at that time.

Thanks for taking the time to do this!

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13731 comments Dobby0390 wrote: "In your request, be sure to provide the ISBN in addition to the other information you listed above."

A direct link to the edition on GR also helps (in case the book doesn't have an ISBN, or the ISBN has been assigned to another edition).