THE Group for Authors! discussion

Writer's Circle > Author Pat Conroy Has Died

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (last edited Mar 05, 2016 08:19AM) (new)

Jim Vuksic Author Pat Conroy has died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 70. He died at his home in Beaufort, South Carolina. Mr. Conroy is best known for his best selling novels Prince of Tides and The Great Santini.

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Bradley (slavetopassion) | 2 comments I think you mean Pat Conroy?

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Vuksic Jason wrote: "I think you mean Pat Conroy?"

Jason,

I stand corrected. Thank you for noticing and pointing it out. The original post has been edited.

message 4: by Elise (new)

Elise McCune (elisemccune) | 5 comments Literature has lost a man of grace and courage.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Laird | 8 comments Loved The Great Santini, right up there with To Kill a Mockingbird for me. It was one of those few books I'll remember crucial parts of forever.

message 6: by Inna (new)

Inna Hardison (innahardison) | 14 comments OMG.... Had no idea. We lost a great mind and a fantastic weaver of beautiful prose. There isn't a thing of his I haven't read... Beach Music is one of my all time favorite works of literature. RIP...

message 7: by Frances (new)

Frances Caballo (francescaballo) | 23 comments I didn't know either. I also loved The Great Santini and The Prince of Tides. Now that I think of it, I need to add those titles to my bookshelves.

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Goerl | 137 comments I've got the movie of Great Santini; I think I've got the book, too, but I haven't gotten around to reading it. (If I've got a free moment, I tend to grab the largest book, because deciding not to keep it will free up the most space.) Santini's just a pocket book.

message 9: by Eva (last edited Aug 01, 2016 07:35AM) (new)

Eva John | 12 comments Pancreatic cancer is a nasty animal and not very pleasant to endure, to say the least. I feel for this poor man. Thank goodness he has brilliant works to be forever remembered for. Personally, I find "The Prince of Tides" to be his most compelling novel. I didn't care much for The Great Santini, but who am I? Others seem to love it and that's all that matters in the long run.

message 10: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Maria wrote: "Pancreatic cancer is a nasty animal and not very pleasant to endure, to say the least. I feel for this poor man."

Maria - I've gone ahead and removed the book jacket from your post. This is considered self-promotion, which is not permitted in the Author Feedback Group. Sorry about that!