The Reading Challenge Group discussion

Monthly Theme Archive 2015-2016 > March 2016: Mysteries, Classics, Sub-Saharan reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Renee M | 4708 comments Mod
Some of us enjoy reading as many books as we can that fit the genres of the month. Is anyone planning to submerge into some mysteries, or the classics, or delve into Sub-Saharan lit? This is a thread to share thoughts, plans, recommendations.

message 2: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Mysteries that are Classics...

I'm reading two Victorian novels during March.
- Lady Audley's Secret
- Our Mutual Friend

Both are terrific! Great examples of what makes nineteenth century novels so much fun to read. :)

message 3: by Agnik (new)

Agnik | 52 comments As you know Renne I will be reading Alice in Wonderland this March. have been planning to read it for a while, your challlenge encouraged me to read it thanks :)

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (bkind2books) | 788 comments I love mysteries and hope to use this month to read a variety of them. On my list:

Festive in Death
The Heart of a Killer
Roses are Red
No Time for Goodbye

message 5: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Yep. Mysteries are a lot of fun. I forget how much, then pick one up and sink right in. Then I'm off on a binge. :)

message 6: by Margie (new)

Margie I've tried to expand my reading but mysteries are definitely my most-read genre. I like all kinds - cozies, procedurals, paranormal, you name it.

For this challenge I'll be reading Death of a Nurse by M.C. Beaton. This is the latest in the popular Hamish Macbeth cozy mystery series set in the Scottish Highlands.

I'll also be reading One Under by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles. This is the latest in the Bill Slider series, a police procedural series that I have really enjoyed in the past.

I'll be reading different mysteries for a few other challenges:

PopSugar, Book that takes place on an island: White Nights
Back to the Classics - Classic Detective Novel: The Man in the Queue
Mini-Challenge - The Ides of March: The Book of Souls

Hope everyone finds a great new mystery this month!